• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mroepke5

USA vs Canada (WORLD JUNIOR SHOWDOWN)

Rate this topic

I thought the teams were pretty evenly matched, the Canadians just had a much better game plan and out-coached the Americans.

This is why I like Konnan. I know he is an American and I am canadian and we will always disagree on that. But in a game that the canadians just simply outplayed the states hes not out here like hankthatank calling calling Canadians classless winners. I get so sick of hearing that s***. What exactly was classless that the Canadians did?

If not for Campbell it would've been a lot worse. If you really think Foligno pushing whoever it was in the bench is classless then thats problem just been worn off on him from his American brother and being born in the states ;)

Sweden is in trouble now. A s***ty missed icing call has put them down 2-0.

I'm also kind of in teh same boat as you. I'm not a fan of Cameron so if they lose I will not be as crushed as usual especially because they cut the kid that had the best camp. I do however want them to win, I am just not following it as closely as usual

So much for my Sweden prediction. It seemed to me like there were a few blown calls going against the Swedes during the game. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought the 3rd goal by the Russians (the game tying goal) was knocked down with a high stick and then played by them. It's also possible that IIHF rules are different there, and I'm just in the dark on this one.

The way you described your stance is probably more accurate for me as well. Watching the game, I couldn't help but cheer for Canada. I'm not a fan of Cameron either. If you ask me, he's made some suspect decisions. He played a well-coached game yesterday, but I think that cutting Sheahan and playing Roy in the first place were mistakes. While Cizikas has certainly earned his spot, I think Sheahan could have definitely replaced someone like Ashton.

like hankthatank calling calling Canadians classless winners.

Wasn't saying this particular instance that the Canadians were being classless and actually if you read through most of the posts (which I wouldn't expect you to) you would notice I called it as I saw it. Canada = Dominant USA = Pathetic. Thanks for the reference though. I was mostly referring to the past and what Canadians have reacted like in the Gold Medal game and so on. No harm, no foul. But please, read the previous posts before putting words on my fingertips. I am not here to start much of anything and was just stating a fact that I have seen in most instances. My deepest apologies to my Canadian brethren. Toronto is a fabulous town thumbup.gif

Step right up folks-- measure your epeen on LGW. :lol:

All I really had at the moment lol. Wasn't my finest hour last night. Regrettable posts really. I do love Canada, beer makes people type dumb ass stuff. Go Wings

Edited by HankthaTank

PSSHHH says the guy with free health care and terrible tasting french fries.

hehe.gif

Now you've crossed the line!!! How dare you make fun of our fries! ;)

Have you ever tried Quebec style Poutine? It looks awful but it tastes amazing and it cures any hangover! I once passed up sex for some poutine and I had no regrets! :P

Have you ever tried Quebec style Poutine? It looks awful but it tastes amazing and it cures any hangover! I once passed up sex for some poutine and I had no regrets! :P

Poutine almost sounds like another word for sex. I must try this if it cures hangovers though.

I love the world juniors, to me that's when I know it's Xmas time.. Great game last night, Canada played a near perfect game. I think that USA just wasn't use to being hit that much and there D looking a little bit timmid at times... Now Tyson bring home the gold.. GO CANADA GO

f*** canada

God bless the USA!

I'm as passionate as they get when it comes to hockey, but why do we always feel the need to attack a country over the result of a game?

I was pissed as hell when we lost to the Americans last year, but the thought of "f*** America" never even crossed my mind.

God bless the USA!

I'm as passionate as they get when it comes to hockey, but why do we always feel the need to attack a country over the result of a game?

I was pissed as hell when we lost to the Americans last year, but the thought of "f*** America" never even crossed my mind.

He's joking - quoting South Park

I said this last year. The states can have the world juniors in olympic years, gotta let our little hockey brother win something and since Canada clearly is going to win olympic gold the little bro can have the juniors. Since its not an olympic year though we just had to beat the little guys, sorry :P

He's joking - quoting South Park

Ahh I see...I spent much of my teenage years looking at naked women on the internet. Never had much time for south park. Forgive me.

I said this last year. The states can have the world juniors in olympic years, gotta let our little hockey brother win something and since Canada clearly is going to win olympic gold the little bro can have the juniors. Since its not an olympic year though we just had to beat the little guys, sorry :P

Let's not get too cocky... it's not like we steamrolled them in the Olympics.

Ahh I see...I spent much of my teenage years looking at naked women on the internet. Never had much time for south park. Forgive me.

Sounds unrelenting.

Let's not get too cocky... it's not like we steamrolled them in the Olympics.

I'm just poking some fun at some of the guys in here. We got it last year, I decided I had to have a little poke

Internet has too many viruses, its a shame because I really would be on LGW less if I could do this without risking my computer getting a virus <_<

Internet has too many viruses, its a shame because I really would be on LGW less if I could do this without risking my computer getting a virus <_<

Yeah I know what you mean.

Those type of websites destroyed my Windows95,Windows98,Windows 2000 and WindowsXP. Seems like no matter what type of Window they build it always leads to a virus for Puffy! :(

I finally caved and bought a Mac in 2007. Haven't had any problems ever since.

Edited by puffy

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

God bless the USA!

How 'bout you quit being so sensitive. OMG he said f Canada, who cares.