• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nate94gt

John Keating is lazy and sucks

Rate this topic

Y'know, there is a whole lot of loose and strong talk about Murph being a drunk, and I for one am getting sick and tired of it. I ask of you: who of us doesn't like cold beer? Who of us doesn't like dollar hot dogs? And who of us doesn't like Arby's curly fries, especially after a hat trick? It takes a real man to stand up for what he believes in - a Murph Man. I am a Murph Man and I'm not ashamed to admit it. So c'mon LGW! If you are real men and women let your Murph flag fly! Who's with me?

*humming Glory Glory Hallelujah* :P

I don't like beer.

Seriously, I've never learned to like it, so I don't miss it at all.

I've found that almost all people I've talked to who say they don't like beer never really tried any beer. They've only sampled piss ass industrial lagers and have based their opinion on all beers on those experiences.

I've found that almost all people I've talked to who say they don't like beer never really tried any beer. They've only sampled piss ass industrial lagers and have based their opinion on all beers on those experiences.

You should be the poster boy for alcoholism.

I don't like beer. And I've tried every brand under the sun. Beer, malt liquor, lagers, German beer, Irish beer, micro-brews, ale... name it. They all taste bad to me. So much for your theory.

Edited by Broken 16

You should be the poster boy for alcoholism.

i completely agree with him.

my wife hated beer until i introduced her to something that wasn't milwaukee's best or natural light.

now that she's tried microbrews she's a beer connoisseur. she swishes it around in her mouth like a champion, and i love her for it.

i completely agree with him.

my wife hated beer until i introduced her to something that wasn't milwaukee's best or natural light.

now that she's tried microbrews she's a beer connoisseur. she swishes it around in her mouth like a champion, and i love her for it.

I'm not saying people can't be converted, but to make a sweeping generalization about the only people who don't like beer are people who haven't tried beer is kinda ridiculous.

You took that post and came to this ridiculous conclusion from it? What are you a mormon? lol

So reword your post so you don't sound so stupid. What a ridiculous generalization. Maybe the most ridiculous I've ever heard. Congrats on that anyway.

Edited by Broken 16

I'm not saying people can't be converted, but to make a sweeping generalization about the only people who don't like beer are people who haven't tried beer is kinda ridiculous.

So reword your post so you don't sound so stupid. What a ridiculous generalization. Maybe the most ridiculous I've ever heard. Congrats on that anyway.

Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension skills a bit, eh?

I said, and I quote "ALMOST all people I'VE TALKED TO"

I didn't make any sweeping generalization, I clearly stated that what I said was just based on people I have personally talked to. I never said all either, I said almost all.

Edited by sleepwalker

Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension skills a bit, eh?

I said, and I quote "ALMOST all people I'VE TALKED TO"

I didn't make any sweeping generalization, I clearly stated that what I said was just based on people I have persoannly talked to. I I never said all either, I said almost all.

So how exactly did you ever prove your theory? Did you force these people to sample various beer from around the world until they found one that they could stomach? Or are you just assuming?

It's just weird because I've known a lot of people in my life and only one person that I know of has never had a beer. My grandma.

Edited by Broken 16

Im not a huge fan of beer but I drink it cuz its cheaper than mixed drinks.

I do however love woodchuck. Save the "does it cone with a tampon" remark. :o

I grew up on pop, so I like pop. I drank my dads beer when I was a kid and it was nasty. If it wouldn't take away my man card (which may include many holes already punched :o ) id drink mikes hard lemonade and other girly drinks

I grew up on pop, so I like pop. I drank my dads beer when I was a kid and it was nasty. If it wouldn't take away my man card (which may include many holes already punched :o ) id drink mikes hard lemonade and other girly drinks

Nothing wrong with hard cider. I'm not a huge fan of Woodchuck because of how sweet it is. Having said that, I absolutely love Strongbow; and there's a great hard cider mill in Traverse City called Tandem Ciders. If you ever find yourself up there, I implore you to check it out. If you're really interested, they might mail you some.

I've heard there's a great mill in Spring Lake, but have yet to make it out there.

No worries on the man card as far as cider goes, I was introduced to it in the UK by some local guys that basically forced it on us, haha. I don't know about Mike's Hard, though. That might crumple that card right up.

Not at all man. Woodchuck is excellent. There is like 6% alc in it too so not only tastes good but has a "get drunk quicker" addition with it.

I am just SHOCKED! that a thread titled Keating is lazy and sucks (with hints of Murph tossed in) has derailed to beer. Just utter thread mockery!!!!! hehe.gif

So how exactly did you ever prove your theory?

:blink:

Again, I point to reading comprehension, or lack thereof. There was no theory. I simply made a true statement based on conversations I have had with various people.

Perhaps go back and re-read what I said.

:blink:

Again, I point to reading comprehension, or lack thereof. There was no theory. I simply made a true statement based on conversations I have had with various people.

Perhaps go back and re-read what I said.

k

Edited by Broken 16

The amount of people talking about herp and derp and such makes me think some of you post on Fark. If so, very cool.

I think the conclusion that can be drawn from this, at least so far, is that it is actually Burp and Derp.

I don't drink anyway, but even if I did, I wouldn't drink beer. It looks like piss and smells even worse.

Edited by Electrophile

Whatever, Keats rules, whether you like his schtick or not; Murph cannot be questioned. Who cares if he loves dollar dogs and beer, who the f*** doesn't? And Mick and Ken are untouchable. Jesus, have you ever even listened to another teams broadcasters?? The Red Wings crew is a bit off the beaten path, and I think they are great for it.

as far as cider, ive only had woodchuck. i'll check out the places website in traverse city. A buddy told me that theres a company called Scrumpys that makes a good hard cider. The problem is, i dont know of a good store that would have something like that :(

And as far as a post about keats and murph that became about beer.... well.... we were talking about KEATS AND MURPH, im pretty sure at least one of them is drunk while on the air.

Right? That's like trying Boone's Farm then saying "Wine sucks!" (For the record, I like Boone's Farm too! :D)

esteef

Edited by esteef

I've tried many kinds of beers, I've been trying to find one I can tolerate and everyone always tells me "you've only tried the bad stuff, try this!" and it always tastes worse than the last.

I'll stick with mixed drinks, thank you very much. Beer is just too bitter and has a terrible aftertaste.

(Judging from Miller Lite, Guiness, Killians, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Heineken and various other kinds)

(Judging from Miller Lite, Guiness, Killians, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Heineken and various other kinds)

BLASPHEMY!!!!

It is just an acquired taste really. I mean, we have a place called Old Chicago around here and they have something called the "Beer Tour". I am near the finish. Around 20 to go, or so. It shall be a fine fine award thumbup.gif