• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

Wow Maggs. This will be a long running issue with his uselessness in the outfield. That was a catchable ball whether he was playing deep or not. Won't kill them for this game though, bullpen has to be better. Just glad the season is off and running. Gooooooo Tigers!!!!

Wow Maggs. This will be a long running issue with his uselessness in the outfield. That was a catchable ball whether he was playing deep or not. Won't kill them for this game though, bullpen has to be better. Just glad the season is off and running. Gooooooo Tigers!!!!

That relates to what I was going to post. I think Martinez should probably be the starting catcher and let Maggs DH. Avila isn't ready to play every day in the big leagues. He was only slightly better than Gerald Laird last year and that's saying quite a bit. Besides his torrid start when he first got called up, Avila hasn't hit at all. His defense is pretty solid (it wasn't today) but I would rather let V-Mart catch and then have Boesch and Wells platoon in right.

That relates to what I was going to post. I think Martinez should probably be the starting catcher and let Maggs DH. Avila isn't ready to play every day in the big leagues. He was only slightly better than Gerald Laird last year and that's saying quite a bit. Besides his torrid start when he first got called up, Avila hasn't hit at all. His defense is pretty solid (it wasn't today) but I would rather let V-Mart catch and then have Boesch and Wells platoon in right.

Well keep in mind that Martinez is going to catch a couple of times a week on a regular basis, at which point Maggs will most certainly DH.

I am going to call it right now. Wells will most likely be the starter in either left or right. To be honest with you, our corner OF spots are so shaky. Rabones is awesome here and there but he is absolutely not ready for 500+ AB's in a season. I hate to be this negative about it but it is totally true. We needed to go in a different direction this offseason and acquire a Juan Pierre type who can get around the basepaths and get on base. A Jack looked awful yesterday at the plate. Game 1 of 162 so I digress, just really need to find a more consistent lineup. Boesch had a terrific spring at the dish and he might be a star, who knows. I'd like to get some more looks at Casper personally.

I am going to call it right now. Wells will most likely be the starter in either left or right. To be honest with you, our corner OF spots are so shaky. Rabones is awesome here and there but he is absolutely not ready for 500+ AB's in a season. I hate to be this negative about it but it is totally true. We needed to go in a different direction this offseason and acquire a Juan Pierre type who can get around the basepaths and get on base. A Jack looked awful yesterday at the plate. Game 1 of 162 so I digress, just really need to find a more consistent lineup. Boesch had a terrific spring at the dish and he might be a star, who knows. I'd like to get some more looks at Casper personally.

I think Raburn will prove you wrong. They even discussed yesterday the issue they faced last year in trying to get him a large number of at-bats.

I think Raburn will prove you wrong. They even discussed yesterday the issue they faced last year in trying to get him a large number of at-bats.

I hope he does. That is one player I would love to do anything but that. Baseball is track records though and his is not that impressive and hasn't spanned an entire year. We shall wait and see.

Awesome win. I've had a friend say that VMart should be the everyday catcher and DH should rotate between Maggs and Boesch. After the Brennan and Ryan show today, I am totally okay with that. These team has the offensive firepower to slug it out, and they proved that today.

Awesome win. I've had a friend say that VMart should be the everyday catcher and DH should rotate between Maggs and Boesch. After the Brennan and Ryan show today, I am totally okay with that. These team has the offensive firepower to slug it out, and they proved that today.

I agree with this and if Boesch keeps it up I think the everyday lineup should look like this:

CF-Jackson

LF-Raburn

RF/DH-Boesch

1B-Cabrera

C-VMart

RF/DH-Ordonez

SS-Peralta

3B-Inge

2B-Rhymes

I'm more for:

CF Jackson

2B Rhymes

DH Ordonez

1B Cabrera

C Martinez

LF Raburn

RF Boesch

SS Peralta

3B Inge

So long as Will starts to come through at the dish a little more. If not, I'd take the one above, but with Magglio and Boesch switching places in the order.

I for sure feel like Boesch can get it done more consistently up there in the 3rd spot in the lineup. Anyone hitting around Miggy is going to really prosper, obviously. Appears that his MVP campaign has started off on the right foot and the rest of the guys are cashing in too. Keep it up!

I for sure feel like Boesch can get it done more consistently up there in the 3rd spot in the lineup. Anyone hitting around Miggy is going to really prosper, obviously. Appears that his MVP campaign has started off on the right foot and the rest of the guys are cashing in too. Keep it up!

It's somewhat double-edged in that Boesch needs to be consistent to hit there, so he'd better be consistent hitting there. Does that make any sense? Haha.

3:00 today! Camden Yards to take on the O's.

I might give streaming a whirl when hockey is over. Don't expect every game or much support since summer is my down-time...not to mention I'll be sending some computer equipment for RMA. Plus not sure how strict baseball/MLB is on the streaming service.

I might give streaming a whirl when hockey is over. Don't expect every game or much support since summer is my down-time...not to mention I'll be sending some computer equipment for RMA. Plus not sure how strict baseball/MLB is on the streaming service.

Would be excellent drum! Day games especially while I am wasting away at work here. Keep us posted thumbup.gif

Agreed, that would be really awesome. Your stuff is always great, drumnj. I'm watching the game at work, too.

thumbup.gif As am I now. Thanks! Our pitching sure has been getting gas canned this year so far. Unfortunately, I have to be happy fantasy owner guy right now with Brian Roberts plating 3 on his homer.

Is it possible for JV to start every game? Wow, the pitchers are getting blitzed so far. I know it's still quite early, but I think the Tigers wrecked Porcello by rushing him to the big leagues. He was a power pitcher and now he pitches to way too much contact.

Avila needs to go sit upstairs with his dad. He's horrible.

Edited by GoWings1905

Yeah, shame on us for thinking pitching was going to be a strong point. Still early, that is the mantra right now so at least we have that to fall back on. Other than that, we have looked atrocious aside from Miggy, Rhymes, Boesch (1 game) and JV of course.

Edited by HankthaTank

Yeah, I read that hand-sign article and was thoroughly unsurprised. After all, their 2nd best player used to tip pitches to his opponents so he could get the favor returned.

The Tigers are struggling, granted, but it's still early - they didn't have successful Spring for nothing - and they're playing rock solid teams. The Yankees are the Yankees and I've said since before Spring Training that the Orioles are going to turn heads this year. Their record under Buck last year was the best out of any team in the league in the same time frame, plus their off-season additions have made them legitimate. They will finish 3rd in the AL East.

Having said that, they've gotta get the kinks out. This is a team that should have no problem dropping a 6-spot on any team. Hopefully we can chalk it up to the Orioles being really ramped up for Opening Day and get out of Baltimore at .500.