• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

Ryan Raburn can play 3rd. Casper Wells in left. For some reason i forgot about Ramon Santiago also. He can play any infield spot.

Ahh so early and the Inge bashing. Guy is the best rated defensive 3rd sacker out there and he hits like .240, which I admit is not good but for his ability to take hits away, you keep him in. Raburn's defense at 3rd would be a huge liability man. Let that one go already.

Edited by HankthaTank

Ahh so early and the Inge bashing. Guy is the best rated defensive 3rd sacker out there and he hits like .240, which I admit is not good but for his ability to take hits away, you keep him in. Raburn's defense at 3rd would be a huge liability man. Let that one go already.

Agreed. Inge took away multiple hits last night, one of which would've gone for extra bases. You take the good with the bad a lot of the time in this game, and Inge's only blemish is that he's not great at the dish - but when you're talking about a defensive 3B that can hit around .250 at the bottom of your line-up and come through in the clutch? I'll take that any day.

Avila leaves a little to be desired, but he is learning. I like VMart is the regular Catcher, personally, but he's not going to be there every day no matter what.

Also, Santiago can play 2B or SS; but I'm not giving him 1B or 3B.

Lastly, it's important to remember that we're less than 1/10 of the way through the season. If our pitching can hold up to the standard that it's established since leaving New York - this team will be a force when the bats heat up.

i LOVE inge's defense at 3rd! that post that you quoted me on was a response to someones question. i said Avila should go to AAA, and let Martinez be the starting C, then if worse came to worse, Inge can cover at C, which would then be an opening for Raburn at 3B. But not that i think about it, Santiago or Kelly would be better choices to cover any of the infield spots.

Yeah I think i'm gonna grab a plain replica. I tend not to get player jerseys because they bounce around the league so much.

Makes sense, I think the reason it was so cheap was the fact that the Tigers had yet to sign him.

Going to the game tonight. Should be rather cold, but I do get to see Verlander pitch which is sweet.

Was going to head to Detroit and go, but called it off on account of weather and the strong possibility of it getting called off.

Great sweep of the ChiSox - easily my least favorite team in baseball. 9-3 since their abysmal 3-7 start and the Tigers are looking good. They've got the 2nd longest winning streak in the majors currently going and are 1.5 back of a Cleveland team that's lost 3 in a row.

Also, I definitely have to call BS on the Inge play being called a "Hit". That dude makes that play 9 out of 10 times. Fielded it, planted, and made a bad throw. Error. Anyway, moving along. Keep rolling boys, I" shall be attending tomorrow. Weather needs to cooperate to see JV throw a gem.