Photo
- - - - -

1/15 GDT: Blue Jackets 5 at Red Wings 6 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
458 replies to this topic

#441 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

There's gotta be an easier way to do it than I have been. I used CamStudio (free) to make a screen capture .avi, iWisoft Free Video Converter to make the gif, Easy Gif Animator (trial - about to expire) to export the .gif to individual files for each frame, Adobe Illustrator to make the captions, Photoshop to put the captions on the frames, and Easy Gif to piece it back together. This one and the Nick one were kinda pains in the butt though because you need so many frames to read lips.

You can use Photoshop to make your captions and save a step.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#442 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

I miss Downey. And Babs is the best... :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#443 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

YEAH! MOTHA FUGGA!!!!!!!!!!
wish i watched this game in its entirety instead of running the replay machine for the Muskegon Lumberjacks getting destroyed by the Green Bay Gamblers tonight. This game plus two beers from Arcadia Brewing company were the only good things that happened to me all day.
Posted Image

#444 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

I thought zetterberg had a great game, but it didn't show in his numbers until he got that assist in OT. He had a couple of Datsyukish moves tonight too.

We really got to tighten up our defensive strategies. We can't expect to win playoff series by scoring 5+ goals every night.

I'm totally making a .GIF of Franzen saying M***** F***** at the end. That was classic :)

Winning games 5-4 right now is actually a positive imo. They aren't going to be able to fully put the defensive game together until some more crucial components come back. Winning games in this fashion is nothing more than honing of talent until the troops get back. As long as Babcock can keep Lidstrom's TOI to a respectable level and keep the kids skating, we'll be fine.

Edited by Broken 16, 16 January 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#445 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

Well the d sucked but with Datsyuk, Cleary and Stuart out you have to expect the team would get worse defensively.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#446 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

I have to say, people were been skeptical of the Wings keeping Miller around.

Well, hope that tune has changed.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#447 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

After a long underwhelming start he has definifely begun to play better and make an impact on the ice. However, two games against the Jackets does not a season make. He's a likable guy and we'd all like to see him continue to play well and stay as a result.

works every time

#448 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

After a long underwhelming start he has definifely begun to play better and make an impact on the ice. However, two games against the Jackets does not a season make. He's a likable guy and we'd all like to see him continue to play well and stay as a result.

I feel he has played to expectations and then some as nothing more than a 4th line grinder and PK was wanted
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#449 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

In the last 10 games the Wings are 6-2-2 which translates into 14 points in 10 games for a 0.700 point percentage.

This is even with all the injuries. Remarkable. I'm thinking that there are fans of other teams looking at this and are not happy.

0.700 WITH the injuries....
Do or do not. There is no try

#450 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

I feel he has played to expectations and then some as nothing more than a 4th line grinder and PK was wanted

I feel like there was there was an expectation of development in there too, despite his age and origins elsewhere, and that's why he was kept in favor of others. Wings grinders don't stay 4th liners forever, and he doesn't fit the mold of a plug. His PK has definitely come along, but he had been invisible 5 on 5 for a long stretches this season. If he keeps it up on the O side, he will certainly be all that everyone hoped for and possibly more.

Edited by kook_10, 16 January 2011 - 11:01 AM.

works every time

#451 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

I don't think Miller has disappointed this year. Some people (including myself) were wondering if he'd be too redundant to keep around next year, but not because he's playing bad, just that he doesn't really add much that we don't already have, but he works his ass off every night and that counts for something.

Every time the team gets depleted with injuries Miller steps up and starts scoring, I've changed my tune and now think he should be kept on the team because you never know when the team will get injured like this again and he's reliable.

Also, I felt that the goals allowed last night weren't all that bad. For once they weren't goals that the goalie should have had or ridiculous defensive breakdowns. A lot of the goals took crazy re-directions (not those slight angle changes that go in on Howard) or went through a ton of people. Not too unhappy, even though they allowed five goals.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#452 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

kook, Doc, please keep the discussion on topic.

If you want to discuss different techniques and programs for creating .gifs, please either start a new thread in the Creative & Media Works subforum, or use the PM system.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#453 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

what was the significance of this game for macdonald?

why did draper go and retrieve that puck for him after they won it in overtime?
Posted Image

#454 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Not sure, but it might be because it was Joey's first win as a starting goalie for Detroit.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#455 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Not for me. Draper is still outplaying him IMO and once everyone gets healthy I expect him to be scratched.

It was an ugly game but at least we won.

#456 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

It was Rafalski who did that, and he did so because it was MacDonald's first win in this stint as a Wing and his first win since 2009.

#457 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

It was Rafalski who did that, and he did so because it was MacDonald's first win in this stint as a Wing and his first win since 2009.

hmmm. where's he going to put that puck? that's a pretty specific puck.
Posted Image

#458 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

How does two good games by Miller make everyone who has said Miller is replacable wrong about him? He's played exactly how we all thought. No one hates him or thinks he is worthless. he's a 4th line PK'er that is easily replaceable by one of our younger guys.

Good win Wings. I didn't get to see the last period and OT, but I'm glad we fought and scratched out a win.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#459 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:00 AM

How does two good games by Miller make everyone who has said Miller is replacable wrong about him? He's played exactly how we all thought. No one hates him or thinks he is worthless. he's a 4th line PK'er that is easily replaceable by one of our younger guys.

Good win Wings. I didn't get to see the last period and OT, but I'm glad we fought and scratched out a win.

Posted Image