• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/15 GDT: Blue Jackets 5 at Red Wings 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I like that we scored 6 goals, I do not like that the other team scored 5. We need to work on that, as much as we can.

Alright. Let's all hit the ice tomorrow. Matt can coach.

I could see the tying goal coming, but I also had a feeling our guys would pot the winner in OT, so I wasn't even tense when Jackets pulled Mason for the 6th skater. It's scary how often I "know" how the game is going to go. The problem is when I have the sense things are gonna turn out bad, because I have to suffer with that feeling all game long.

Great job by Mule!

I said somewhere along the line tonight that the veterans were going to have to step up. That feed from Bert to Flip was a thing of beauty.

Just want to say Draper is the heart and soul of this rag-tag bunch right now. Knowing his nature and his devotion to the Wings, I have no doubt he's the one they all look to for a positive thought.

Great game by Miller.

Tired of giving up so many goals every game, just like the rest of you.

McCrimmon needs to be canned.

Drapes needs to train Abdelkader (38%) and Helm (44%) on faceoffs. Even Z was bad on faceoffs tonight.

Joey Mac looked good, score is deceiving, as are his stats so far this year.

Having center ice and getting feeds of many different teams, Ken and Mick are not even close to big homers. Not even close, try having to watch St louis' feed or Calgarys sportsnet feeds, ******* brutal.

Yep. How many times did Mick say that Deetroit had to start winning faceoffs in their defensive zone? And bitching about their neutral zone play. It does go both ways. Meanwhile, there are some announcers lie like rugs about what's happening on the ice. Especially if it favors their guys.

IT's MILLER TIME!!!

And yeah. PLEASE keep bitching about his game, OK?! :)

Rich Kincaide is Nash's uncle.

Just kidding. I wish Drapes had gotten a star, or Mule.

I think you mis-spoke.

Yeah, it's odd to see him with the first star, but very cool too.

Coming out of training camp, did we expect Drapes to be the first star or have a multi-point game? No, we didn't. Maybe we should keep him around and see what he develops into. :P

Seriously, this is exactly what we keep a Draper around for. Leadership and stepping it up in times of trial and tribulation.

Way to go Kris!

I think you mis-spoke.

Yeah, it's odd to see him with the first star, but very cool too.

Coming out of training camp, did we expect Drapes to be the first star or have a multi-point game? No, we didn't. Maybe we should keep him around and see what he develops into. :P

Seriously, this is exactly what we keep a Draper around for. Leadership and stepping it up in times of trial and tribulation.

Way to go Kris!

OK, Bert then!! LOL~

That's what I get for thinking and typing at the same time, eh?

Drapes is a rock... and no, not as old as rocks, just...a rock. Great guy, last of the Grind Line but still got it when it counts.

Nice to see Miller continue his roll. Even his detractors have to admit he played a hell of a game tonight. The 3rd and 4th liners got rewarded on the score sheet. Mule came through nicely in OT IMHO to end it quickly.

# 3 goalie man waht do you expect?

If anything I think the Wings should just shoot from every where. Hell maybe even Joey Mac should shoot, he just may make it

THIS. Over and over and over. They're still way too pass-happy in the offensive zone. And too many damn blind passes. :angry:

OK. We won. First things first. :)

Guest Crymson

OK, Bert then!! LOL~

That's what I get for thinking and typing at the same time, eh?

Drapes is a rock... and no, not as old as rocks, just...a rock. Great guy, last of the Grind Line but still got it when it counts.

You know, the first thing I saw was, "That's what I get for thinking and doing rocks at the same time, eh?"

lol

Huge +1 on the props to Draper. I'd say tonight showed why he's got an A on his jersey.

The D needs to improve, especially on d-zone face-offs. Joey Mac was huge tonight but they can't count on popping 6 goals every night.

Well, I think this proves (in case it wasn't obvious) that the blame for these high goal games is 80% defense and 20% goaltending. Three goaltenders now, and the trend is still there. Granted, Jimmy can perform better, but Osgood was doing pretty well, as is Joey. This team needs to fix these flaws because in the long run it is costing them more than they realize. Sure, they are pulling wins out, but the team has to play harder to get those wins, more injuries occur, and the players that remain healthy are taxed too much during the regular season and don't have as much to give during the playoffs (example: Lidstrom with 29 minutes of play tonight). This is three years running that we have had continuing issues with a lack of proper defensive coverage. Why is it that players that don't perform are let go or traded (Leino, Lebda, Williams), but McCrimmon still has his job? I fail to see what positives, if any, are keeping him with this team. Yes, we more than likely will make it to the playoffs, and may go deep, but our Achilles heal since the 2007-2008 season is the less than stellar defense.

On a positive note, great grinding game by the 3rd and 4th lines. I am thankful that we have such talented rookies and call-ups. It makes it me very excited to see the talent and youth coming up in the Wings' future.

Coming out of training camp, did we expect Drapes to be the first star or have a multi-point game?

Yeah, I'll line up and admit that I didn't give him a lick of credit before this season; but the last couple games, he's come out and played his ass off. Well done and well deserved to Drapes tonight.

They're still way too pass-happy in the offensive zone. And too many damn blind passes.

This really bugs me. Way too many times I've been screaming at the TV "shoot it! SHOOT!!!" this year. Less fancy, more shooty, guys. And will SOMEONE please go to the net, instead of skating hard into the zone, and pulling up? I'm about at the point of saying let Big E play winger because he's the only one willing to drive on the goal...

What's with all the cussing Swedes? First Nick, now Mule.....is Hank going to call someone a "fargin corksoaker" in an interview next? :lol:

Nick? As in Lidstrom? Did I miss something??!!!?