• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

THN: Zetterberg should be disciplined for skipping ASG

Rate this topic

They'll probably still make him captain (and I refuse to believe that the players are such sheep that they'd make Crosby a captain, but Bettman probably demands it), but he'll just lead everyone from the bench, because he's that fantastic a leader. Then they'll make everyone on the ice salute his strength in the face of adversity and show a montage of Crosby highlights (sorry, no ball punching or slewfooting included) set to some song by Train.

this entire scenario just made me slightly queasy... simply because it is so plausible.

Poor game of hockey. What have they done to you? :(

Wonder if Campbell is going to call for Crybaby to be disciplined now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Report-Sidney-Crosby-considers-skipping-All-Sta?urn=nhl-308838&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Whine, Sid, whine. Once again, he's showing his inferiority complex to Zata.

I think you hate Crosby so much you are starting to become obsessed with him.

Okay, on one hand you have a chance to take some rest and recuperation time. Your bosses have requested that you not be included in the mix of players for that weekend. Fair enough.

On the other hand, you can spend a weekend in Mayberry playing in a game that means absolute bupkus in the standings. Believe me, I've been to Raleigh, and a weekend at Barney's ain't my idea of having fun.

Kind of a no-brainer, don't you think?

Raleigh is really, really nice. I've been there more than a few times. Now, you want Mayberry......you can go to Mount Airy, which is where Andy Griffith was born, and the inspiration for the town of Mayberry. It's a hop, skip, and a spit away from Virginia.

Was thinking the same thing. I hate him too but damn.

Carey Price sucks ph34r.gif

I'm just tired of the double-standard in the (mostly) Canadian hockey media in this case. Campbell crucifies Zetterberg, but is silent on Crosby.

Then again, from what I've heard, Bob Campbell is an idiot on par with Mike Milbury - I just hadn't encountered that particular bit of idiocy yet, so it was particularly annoying.

I'm assuming the author is Canadian. How about he spends his time bitching about the plethora of Canadians that cannot muster enough strength to go play for their country at the World's after their NHL season is over.

At least, those games have meaning.

Good point!

As I posted in the comment section under the name Tiki...

All-Star Games are a thing of the past, they serve no purpose in today's world of cable tv, internet, and NHL Center Ice. All-Star games were a way for people of the past generations to see the stars of the game they were only able to read about. Any night, our generation has the opportunity to watch whatever game we want, the All-Star game serves no purpose anymore, it's time to get rid of all of them.

Take the punishment and the rest that goes along with it. That's a fair trade in my book. I'm much more worried about Zetterberg being as ready for the playoffs as possible than the all star game. If they suspend him a game or two, then that's a few more days rest. Works for me.

As per Dreger:

DarrenDreger:

For family reasons, Iginla may not participate in All Star. Hemsky's concussion makes him longshot. Briere likely to get the call.

Wheres the heat on Iginla about missing the All-Star game, maybe he won't get any because hes Canadian. Hes going to play every game up until the All-Star game, then all of a sudden he has family reasons, go write an article on him.

As per Dreger:

DarrenDreger:

For family reasons, Iginla may not participate in All Star. Hemsky's concussion makes him longshot. Briere likely to get the call.

Wheres the heat on Iginla about missing the All-Star game, maybe he won't get any because hes Canadian. Hes going to play every game up until the All-Star game, then all of a sudden he has family reasons, go write an article on him.

If he has family reasons then they're definitely more important than an exhibition game.

Briere will play in his place.

If the league is going to be serious about who they force to go, maybe they should be a bit more serious about who they select?

and ditch the completely flawed voting system. yeah, we need 4 penguins at the ASG...including a very undeserving fleury.

Z has a cup, conn smythe and a beastly beard...he needs not all-star game recognition.

thumbup.gif Pretty much. Dude gets a 5 o'clock shadow pretty much the second the blade touches skin. Cleary's beards have always been legit too.

What you may not realize is that my avatar is Hank's baby picture. :D

What I really love about that article is basically he's got his panties in a twist over a rumor that Hank...among others btw...had their team ask out of the ASG for them. A rumor...

The break will be nice for the Wings (probably more so than any other team) but as a fan, the whole weekend sucks because it's three days without any competitive NHL hockey. :(

Zetterberg has been playing hurt for far too long, quite likely feeling some pressure from within himself to play hurt because of the six regulars that are out of the lineup already. I'd be upset if he did play.

I want to see a beard-off between Zetterberg and Kirk Gibson...

Zetterberg would probably get 64.7% of the beard-off votes with Gibby taking 15.2%. The rest would be divvied out at 14.8% to Clears and the remaining 5.3% to Shanny's goatee back in the day.