#101 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

okay, we've reached critical mass with this guardians thing

Stan Lee plagiarized himself with the flordia panthers

it's the black panther with different colors.

http://www.facebook....156199747751632

And the Penguin is just cyclops with different colours, and the blackhawk AND the Canadian are just Iron man. Hell, the avalanche is ripped off from MR. Freeze

#102 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

The Duck is one of the younger Guardians. Although he hails from a wealthy family and is a rebel with a trust fund, he has undergone Marine training and is as tough as nails. Calm in all situations, his relaxed attitude should not be mistaken for weakness because when the time to fight arises, few Guardians are more prepared than the Duck.
He wears a futuristic bio suit and helmet that allow him to breathe underwater for short periods of time. He also has "surf boots" on his feet that give him the ability to glide on the surface of water at incredible speeds. He has wings, but they allow him to fly in short bursts and at low altitudes only. He's constantly developing new technology that allows him to take advantage of his aquatic abilities. He also has several surfboards for different conditions and adventures, including his ever-present "Fish" board; a retro surfboard that allows him to cut through waves and at an incredible speed and make amazing maneuvers. He's a bit of a showoff, but with skills like his, you would be to.

:lol: That's my favourite part. He wears a super fancy "bio suit" that allows him to breathe underwater for short periods of time. That hardly counts as a super power.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#103 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

No matter how bad you think it is, at least it's not the Maple Leaf - a "walking, talking Maple Tree". *facepalm*

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#104 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

My link

Pretty lame gimmick I think... our superhero is really bad too!

#105 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

Wait. You're posting that link as if this is something new?

This has been going on for over a month and has been discussed quite a bit on these boards.

Posted Image

#106 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,304 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Rebel with a trust fund?

:blink:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#107 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Rebel with a trust fund?

Unfortunately, you read that correctly...

#108 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Wait. You're posting that link as if this is something new?

This has been going on for over a month and has been discussed quite a bit on these boards.

My thread was merged but I did think it was something new...I wasn't aware it had been around for so long... DOH! Still think the whole idea is pretty *** anyway :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

#109 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Truth be told, he looks better in comic form.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#110 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Rebel with a trust fund?

So... Green Hornet? Iron man?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#111 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Do I have this right? All that the Hawks Guardian does is break wind?
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#112 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

Do I have this right? All that the Hawks Guardian does is break wind?

Yep... gusts of wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfv_aKwfSbo
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#113 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

Did anyone else catch this today? Not that impressive if that's what the big deal was about... kind of cheesy too with the Hurricane getting to play hero. I'm still curious to see where they go from here though.

#114 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Holy s***, they're really are trying to market to 5 year olds.

Posted Image

#115 beez35

beez35

Alex #37

• Gold Booster
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Take a look at the website Guardian Project . I've had a good root through this today and actually think it's quite cool. There's a backing story and a "Behind the Scenes" video. As well as all the characters in their comic form.

I'm pretty hyped about this! I think people are getting the idea that this was totally hockey related, and the heros are going to be ace hockey players or something?! But the only relation to hockey seems to be that the kid involved is a youth hockey player. His dying father created these Guardians to protect him - and I'm guessing he related them to NHL teams coz his son was a hockey fan?!?

That's my 2 cents anyway (or 2 pence if you're from the UK like me) :)

Posted Image

#116 OrlandoWingFan

OrlandoWingFan

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

didn't read through all the posts but why isn't the Red Wing hero an octopusman or something like that? I really expected it to be something like that. Like a hero that had tenticles on its head and it shoots toxic ink or something. The lightning one was the only one I thought was remotely cool.

#117 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Holy s***, they're really are trying to market to 5 year olds.

Well, yeah.. that's kind of the entire point of this whole project. The point is to find a way for parents to get their young children into the sport through a means the child would be most interested in. The fact that a bunch of older hockey fans think this project is terrible means nothing to the creators. They aren't making this stuff for you or me.

And for how terrible it is, over 1,000,000 fans on Facebook have been participating and voting for which Guardian is revealed next.

Needless to say, this isn't going anywhere. Apparently, it's working just fine for the intended market.

#118 WingsFanInBeanLand

WingsFanInBeanLand

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

#119 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

Lol! Does he also have the ability to change dates of games in the playoffs so his team gets rest and the other team doesn't???