• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#481 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

so what happens when Datsyuk returns. You think the lines should be, this is going to get bad now because soo many players are playing good.

Eaves stays on the top line with Z and Dats ? or does Cleary ?
Bert drops down to the third line or does Hudler go to the third line ?
Where does Franzen go ? Top line with Dats and Z or back to the BFF line?

#482 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Bertuzzi had a great game but some fans just can't get over the cliche talking points.

He was horrible defensively, and he did nothing good in the offensive zone except score the open net goal. He's lazy, he doesn't battle, and he's been a detriment to the second line.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#483 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

He was horrible defensively, and he did nothing good in the offensive zone except score the open net goal. He's lazy, he doesn't battle, and he's been a detriment to the second line.

Ok, but tell us how you REALLY feel.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#484 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I really thought he played well tonight. He created at least one good chance and the one goal against where he was on the ice you can't really blame him... it was more a miscommunication between Miller and a d-man. I also think that if Bertuzzi didn't have a good game, the rest of his line wouldn't have played as well as they did. Like I said though, I don't tend to remember the negatives, I focus on the good times.

#485 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

and make a pass to Flip who was wide open, and make a good saucer pass cross crease that Flip missed also. He creates chances on the ice whether you choose to see it or not, maybe your hate for the guy doesn't allow you to.

#486 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

So...on the last St. Louis rush, just prior to the to the game-winning goal: was it really too many men by Detroit?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#487 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

So...on the last St. Louis rush, just prior to the to the game-winning goal: was it really too many men by Detroit?

I didn't see the whole ice but I think it was... Nobody touched the puck on our side though whoever was coming off hadn't crossed centre when the next guy came on I think. Camera and no replay doesn't help but that's what I was thinking.

#488 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

I so wanted to start a new topic, but I figured it goes here.

Anyone see Ericcsson kiss Helm after he scored the OT winnter?
Im seeing some lip on lip action lol .. at first I thought it was his visor but he ducks so low it looks like its on the lips. Kinda grossing me out now, but I laughed the first time lol.

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ, 21 January 2011 - 09:50 AM.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#489 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Closer than I thought it was going to be. Good to see the Wings pull it out... And good for Helmer getting the winner :thumbup:
IPB Image

#490 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Im seeing some lip on lip action lol .. at first I thought it was his visor but he ducks so low it looks like its on the lips. Kinda grossing me out now, but I laughed the first time lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhC0ZuvWNM&feature=feedu

Kissing is no big deal for many European men. For instance, it was either Fedorov or Larionov (?) who kissed Konstantinov during one of the Cup celebrations. I like it. That they're not all caught up in the macho thing.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#491 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Also was a missed call when Big E dumped the puck before the red line.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#492 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhC0ZuvWNM&feature=feedu

I didn't get a chance to watch this game and just saw the highlights, but I'd just like to say this. Darren Helm finished on one of his high speed breaks! that's the way you do it kid!

Let's hope he keeps it up because it makes him really scary for other teams to have out there 4 on 4 and shorthanded.

As for Ericsson kissing Helm, when you're a 6'4" 200+ lb hockey player, you can pull something like that off.

#493 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

:rolleyes:

What about your boy Flip hitting the glass and boards each time he has a wide open shot from the slot?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#494 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

If Abby fought Jackman it would have instilled the confidence to go on an amazing 30 game winning streak which then would translate into the Stanley Cup Playoffs where we go on to sweep all rounds and win Lord Stanley for the 12th time.

f***in' Apple Fritters Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#495 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

:rolleyes:

What about your boy Flip hitting the glass and boards each time he has a wide open shot from the slot?

What about it? Players miss shots all the time. And if you want to compare the two, Flip has 13 points in the last 14 games, Bert has 8.

He creates chances on the ice whether you choose to see it or not, maybe your hate for the guy doesn't allow you to.

Yeah, because I obviously such a long, vocal history of hating the guy. <_< I have nothing against Bert except how s***ty his play has been this year.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 21 January 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#496 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

He created at least one good chance and the one goal against where he was on the ice you can't really blame him... it was more a miscommunication between Miller and a d-man.

He was on the ice for two goals last night, the second was pretty much all his fault. Look at the highlights, Bert leaves his man wide open, while not even moving his feet. http://video.nhl.com...d=sb:highlights I'm not saying he is a bad player with no talent, he's more than capable of making nice passes, but he is playing lazy, period.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 21 January 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#497 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, because I obviously such a long, vocal history of hating the guy. <_< I have nothing against Bert except how s***ty his play has been this year.

Your homerism is getting ridiculous.

Bertuzzi and your boy Flip have identical point totals so far this year. Both have 29 points.

Yet you say Bertuzzi has been s***ty this year.

Well, what do you think that makes Flip?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 21 January 2011 - 09:18 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#498 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but im quite please with Berts play this year. He hit 44(?) points last year I think he can top that once everyone comes back healthy.