• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Kulemin bit off more than he could chew there. He definitely initiated it. I don't think Gleason broke "The Code" there, Kulemin clearly initiated it, and Gleason really fed him one.

Agreed; not sure what Konnan511 is watching, but it's pretty clear that Kulemin f***ed with a bull, and he got the horns...He should've just grabbed Gleason, and not have thrown any gloved punches (like most Red Wing players do) to have avoided that beat down.

Was watching that game live, and was hoping for something to develope later on in the game, but after that scrum Gleason got kicked out (bad call IMO).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Konnan511 is secretly an underground leaf fan! :ph34r:

#23 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

I lol'd when he ran into the boards when he was coming off the ice. He probably couldn't see straight, but still kind of funny.

I lol'd also. Comedy gold dust! "I can't see anything with a towel over my broken nose..." Skates into boards... Breaks nose further... hehe

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#24 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

If you can't beat them on the ice, take a beating on the ice.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#25 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Tonight during the leafs game there was a scrum to end the period. Kulemin started throwing gloved punches at Tim Gleason (who is pretty tough), Gleason dropped the gloves and absolutely blasted him with a punch. It looked worse then Webers punch on Lilja. Kulemin did not return to the game.

There should be a youtube soon. Hopefully Kulemin is ok but he really learned a lesson there, if you wanna throw punches be prepared for that s*** and dont bark up the wrong tree. Gleason gave him what he deserved

:lol: Barking up the wrong tree is right.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#26 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

Ron Wilson actually thought Kulemin deserved the punch in the face. Honesty. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#27 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Living in Carolina I watch Gleason all the time. I have wet dreams about him playing for the winged wheel, he's tough as a two dollar steak and consistently puts his body on the line to block a shot or to stick up for teammates. Uber-respect for him

#28 LOredwing248

LOredwing248

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

I have wet dreams about him playing for the winged wheel, he's tough as a two dollar steak and consistently puts his body on the line to block a shot or to stick up for teammates. Uber-respect for him

Plus he's from Michigan

#29 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

No idea what Kulemin thought was going to happen.

Posted Image

#30 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Living in Carolina I watch Gleason all the time. I have wet dreams about him playing for the winged wheel, he's tough as a two dollar steak and consistently puts his body on the line to block a shot or to stick up for teammates. Uber-respect for him

He's the guy who took an Ovechkin shot to the face and returned later in the game to score a game-tying shorthanded goal.

He's also the guy that Ovechkin kneed, with the end result that Ovechkin was injured.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#31 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

i'm here in carolina as well and have the same fantasy. never will happen, though, with karmanos as owner.
Posted Image

#32 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

i'm here in carolina as well and have the same fantasy. never will happen, though, with karmanos as owner.

oh wow, no s***e,..Just saw the pittsboro next to your name, I'm in north Raleigh myself.

#33 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Irritating comments from Kulemin;

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=351009

"I kinda not ready (for the punch). I don't think about fight," Kulemin told Toronto radio station AM640.

"[Gleason] started punching Grabo and he just drop [his gloves] right away and punch me. I don't have time to drop my gloves. I'll be ready next time."

If you "don't think about fight" you probably should start poking/punching people in the face all willy nilly.
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#34 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

I personally don't get the whining about that. that Kulemin is a baby who doesn't fight is his choice. it doesn't mean he wears a lady's skirt that turns all guys around him into gentlemen who don't hit. if you're on the ice you are subject to get your a* served once in a while.

if Leafs fans need examples of sucker-punches and a*hole behavior they should look no further than Domi and Tucker. and really stop whining.

Gleason isn't really OK to go for a guy who is everything but enforcer, but let's not make too much out of it. it's hockey, things like that happen in a scrum.

#35 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Kulemin was begging for that. Don't know what all the 'cheap shot' talk is about.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#36 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Konnan511 is secretly an underground leaf fan! :ph34r:

Secret or not, no one is a Leafs' fans.

Well at least Ken Daneyko agrees with me, that's good enough for me.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".