• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
InHankWeTrust

If Lidstrom retires....

Rate this topic

I too thought Kronwall was the next in line, but I think he has pretty much reached his potential.

I'll disagree. While I don't think Kronners is a replacement for Lidstrom, he's still not quite reached his max.

Surprised no one put forth the next one ... Shea Webber. Restricted FA next year, UFA the following one.

If Lidstrom stay one more year, then we have a gentleman's agreement with Webber for 2012-2025.

One more year of Lids and then Weber. *drool*

I could live with that.

All this talk of an offer sheet for Doughty is nice, but lets remember what he would cost us.

Up to $5.2M - 1st, 2nd + 3rd

$5.2M - $6.5M - 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

$6.5M plus - 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st

Thats a lot to give up for a player who may or may not pan out. Or you could end up with him + Smith dominating the blue line for the next 10 years.....

What about Seabrook? Haven't seen the Hawks play this year, but they could struggle to keep him.

I still think Nick is going to keep playing; I mean, lets face it, he has not lost an edge to his game at all, and will likely win the Norris this year. Nick himself says he will play until he feels he is no longer good, and if the team itself is good, so I see Nick playing for another year at least. Now, in saying that, I would like to see the Wings pick up Andre Markov in the off- season because, while no one can replace Nick, Markov would be a pretty good fill in for a couple of years. In fact, even if Nick does not retire, the Wings could still pick Markov up because the cap is going up... but one thing we have to remember is that Kenny will NEVER be able to replace Nick... we can only fill in the spot and have everyone chip in and play hard.

I still think Nick is going to keep playing; I mean, lets face it, he has not lost an edge to his game at all, and will likely win the Norris this year. Nick himself says he will play until he feels he is no longer good, and if the team itself is good, so I see Nick playing for another year at least. Now, in saying that, I would like to see the Wings pick up Andre Markov in the off- season because, while no one can replace Nick, Markov would be a pretty good fill in for a couple of years. In fact, even if Nick does not retire, the Wings could still pick Markov up because the cap is going up... but one thing we have to remember is that Kenny will NEVER be able to replace Nick... we can only fill in the spot and have everyone chip in and play hard.

Andrei Markov is the most injury prone player in the NHL.

Andrei Markov is the most injury prone player in the NHL.

Prior to the last couple seasons, he was as hearty as most players in the league.

Though given the seriousness of his latest injury, he'd have to offer a nice discount before I'd be too interested.

I don't mean overpay for Markov but for a fair price he would be a GREAT addition to the Wings. Imagine that lineup if Kenny can convince Nick and Modano to come back for another season (I think both of them will for sure if the Wings do not win the Cup this year)

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Bertuzzi- Filpulla- Hudler

Cleary- Modano- Abdelkator

Eaves- Helm- Eaves

Lidstrom- Markov

Kronners- Rafi

Ericson Stu

That would be a damn sick line-up and could happen if things went right. The only thing I think the Wings will need is Nabby (I think they will get him in the offseason because the Islanders will loser their case and will not be able to keep him). They need Nabby because Howard just is not cutting it and need a verteran like Nabby

I got a better idea (cant believe no one said it already) lets draft another late round steal who blossoms into Amaziness.

Who knows, maybe that guy is playing in Grand Rapids right now. You can always depend on good scouting from the Wings.

I don't mean overpay for Markov but for a fair price he would be a GREAT addition to the Wings. Imagine that lineup if Kenny can convince Nick and Modano to come back for another season (I think both of them will for sure if the Wings do not win the Cup this year)

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Bertuzzi- Filpulla- Hudler

Cleary- Modano- Abdelkator

Eaves- Helm- Eaves

Lidstrom- Markov

Kronners- Rafi

Ericson Stu

That would be a damn sick line-up and could happen if things went right. The only thing I think the Wings will need is Nabby (I think they will get him in the offseason because the Islanders will loser their case and will not be able to keep him). They need Nabby because Howard just is not cutting it and need a verteran like Nabby

That defense would be nice, but would need some hefty discounting from Nick and Markov. Unrealistic really.

And not sure I'd want to give up Franzen, even if it meant having two Eaves's. :hehe: