• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Camerica19

Prospect Watch: Brendan Smith

Rate this topic

"Sometimes he wants to make a difference every shift and a lot of players want to do that," Nill said. "They're so competitive and skilled that they want to do that every shift. And, unfortunately, you're playing against other great players who want to do the same thing. By playing games and maturing, you realize that you only get a couple opportunities to do that."

Ive got two words for ya: Pavel Datsyuk

Edited by 13dangledangle

"Sometimes he wants to make a difference every shift and a lot of players want to do that," Nill said. "They're so competitive and skilled that they want to do that every shift. And, unfortunately, you're playing against other great players who want to do the same thing. By playing games and maturing, you realize that you only get a couple opportunities to do that."

Ive got two words for ya: Pavel Datsyuk

that stuff just comes naturally for pasha.

So 7 seasons into his career he is going to pinch way too much and stop throwing weight?? hehe.gif

HAHA yeah well I think so anyways since they are so similar now.

But I actually have higher hopes for Smith, he is meaner then Kronwall and could be an even harder hitter 5 years down the road. Kronwall hits hard but Smith loves being a mean, competitive guy. He is dirtier infront of the net with his stick and in the corners and is also a pretty good fighter (his brother is an amazing tough guy, Rory Smith check him out).

But they have similar games too. Smith has great hands and offensive ability with a hard point shot, and both have some very questionable games in their own zones. Hes so much like Kronwall its weird

HAHA yeah well I think so anyways since they are so similar now.

But I actually have higher hopes for Smith, he is meaner then Kronwall and could be an even harder hitter 5 years down the road. Kronwall hits hard but Smith loves being a mean, competitive guy. He is dirtier infront of the net with his stick and in the corners and is also a pretty good fighter (his brother is an amazing tough guy, Rory Smith check him out).

But they have similar games too. Smith has great hands and offensive ability with a hard point shot, and both have some very questionable games in their own zones. Hes so much like Kronwall its weird

What is Kronwall? 5'11? 6'? Isn't Smith like 6'2...He won't have to leave his feet to nail people and he's from NA so he will not always be called a cheap shot artist or something.

What is Kronwall? 5'11? 6'? Isn't Smith like 6'2...He won't have to leave his feet to nail people and he's from NA so he will not always be called a cheap shot artist or something.

Smith is 6'2 and just a bit under 200 pounds, he has some room to fill out and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 215 range 3 years from now. He definitely has the size to be a more devastating hitter then Kronwall. Getting to elarn from Stuart and Kroner will help his hitting alot too I would think.

And there were people who wanted Petrecki...

Kronner's listed as 6' even 192 lbs.

OK so that should mean he's more like 5'10" 185 lbs or something.

Edited by ogreslayer

Not bad

And you gotta remember that fight is against a legit 25 fights a year AHL goon. This was Smiths first pro fight after coming out of college and having no fighting in his league (except at house parties ;) ), imagine how well this guy will fight with 5 years experience under his belt in the pros and adding soem size to his frame.

50 point defenceman with a legit mean streak, I cant wait

And you gotta remember that fight is against a legit 25 fights a year AHL goon. This was Smiths first pro fight after coming out of college and having no fighting in his league (except at house parties ;) ), imagine how well this guy will fight with 5 years experience under his belt in the pros and adding soem size to his frame.

Are you trying to say, get the #2 Smith jersey ready to go? thumbup.gif

The more impressive thing to me is the balance...

The more impressive thing to me is the balance...

Oh well the balance is impressive but to me the more impressive thing is a 190 pound rookie who hasnt had a hockey fight in at least 3 years, taking on a legit AHL goon and doing enough to get a win.

To each their own I guess