• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#681 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Oilers doing us a favour, beating Nashville 4-0 right now.

#682 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm going to have to not applaud Jimmy. Yeah, he made 45 saves, but I can't recall all that many that were all that amazing. There were a handful, but largely I thought the Wings did a good job making them take ineffective shots. Howard certainly didn't play bad, but this is sort of what we should be expecting from him all the time, more 2 goal games than 3. So I'm glad he didn't suck but I'm witholding hope until I see him string together a few good wins.

As for Ericsson and Kindl, my God they were terrible! What kind of fool pinches that late in the game (Ericsson) and then commits a blatant penalty (Ericsson) a mere minute or so later? Discipline among some of these players is really lacking, we're not used to that as Wings fans I think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#683 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Filppula with every LGW fan's favorite injury, a "lower body injury". Looked like it could be his ACL/MCL.

I hope it's not serious but wouldn't this suggest that Mursak might be coming back if Flip can't play?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#684 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

Ericsson and Kindl... The future looks... Bright?

#685 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

OK, they've (the VS guys) have spent the entire post game thus far analyzing the Rangers' woes. If they had won the game, do you think they would be analyzing the Red Wings woes? No, I don't think so either.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#686 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

I hope it's not serious but wouldn't this suggest that Mursak might be coming back if Flip can't play?

Homer should be back. I hope.

#687 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

OK, they've (the VS guys) have spent the entire post game thus far analyzing the Rangers' woes. If they had won the game, do you think they would be analyzing the Red Wings woes? No, I don't think so either.

Well, I mean, the media is supposed to showcase teams and the Wings don't really need that much promotion or exposure.

#688 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Ericsson and Kindl... The future looks... Bright?

Yeah they were both awful tonight. Kindl had his worst game ever, turnovers galore, I honestly don't think I'm going overboard when I say he had at least 7 turnovers.

Mursak is still up with the Wings, but I'm not sure if he's ready to play with his swollen toe. Hopefully he's right to go Thursday against Nashville.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#689 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Much needed 2 points
Jimmy played well
We got Dats back... In a huge way.
Avery got wacked in the face a few times.

Pretty good night :thumbup:

...Our D still sucks though.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#690 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Final score in OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#691 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm going to have to not applaud Jimmy. Yeah, he made 45 saves, but I can't recall all that many that were all that amazing. There were a handful, but largely I thought the Wings did a good job making them take ineffective shots. Howard certainly didn't play bad, but this is sort of what we should be expecting from him all the time, more 2 goal games than 3. So I'm glad he didn't suck but I'm witholding hope until I see him string together a few good wins.

As for Ericsson and Kindl, my God they were terrible! What kind of fool pinches that late in the game (Ericsson) and then commits a blatant penalty (Ericsson) a mere minute or so later? Discipline among some of these players is really lacking, we're not used to that as Wings fans I think.

lol. That is all.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#692 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

When's Stuart due back anyway? I don't remember reading any updates on him recently.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#693 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Strange game but a much-needed win. It was nice to have Pavel back.

I missed the Filppula injury. Hope it's not long-term.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#694 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon

BTW, Howard does better when he's peppered.

Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon Fire McCrimmon

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#695 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

for all the whining about a "prevent defense" when protecting a lead in the 3rd, i'd take that any day over retarded pinches for no apparent reason.

what the hell?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#696 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,962 posts

Didn't see it, what happened to Fil?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#697 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Babs just answered my question...perhaps a couple more weeks for Stuart.

ABV_sig.png

#698 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Yeah they were both awful tonight.

Awful isn't a good enough word to describe their play tonight. Awful to me technically means that you are in awe because of something regardless of whether or not it's good or bad. I feel like we should use a word that leaves no doubt as to how bad it really was, hehe.

#699 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

Wow, nice turnover Byfuglien. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

#700 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

whatsf****** awesome is pavel isnt even 100% yet and he kicked ass tonight

Edited by brett, 07 February 2011 - 10:20 PM.