• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Will he wont he?

Rate this topic

Nope unless a great opportunity pops up. I'd like to see him get a proven goalie. How 'bout Vokoun as a rental? He's a UFA in July and obviously the Panthers aren't going to the playoffs.

And which players do you give up to get him? Filppula and Kronwall? Hudler and Cleary? You do realize his cap hit is $5.7m for this season and the Wings have no space, right?

I'd like to see him sort out the horrific FA signings he made for Grand Rapids (for the second year running) in Chris Minard and Jamie Johnson, moving them on for some scorers who can actually score in a puck possession system.

I want Chris Neil from Ottawa! like i said before Neil - Helm - Abdelkader/Miller IMO that would be one hell of a grind line even putting Eaves in there would work those are the workers right there. i think they would wear down the opposition in the corners especially in the playoffs.

To me Salei has to go , he is Euro Brett Lebda almost the same PTS and +/- they both get pushed around infront of the net and in the corners

yea I havent really seen any of that grit they were talking about when they signed him. Babcock loves him for some reason though, so i dont think we will see him going anywhere.

To me Salei has to go , he is Euro Brett Lebda almost the same PTS and +/- they both get pushed around infront of the net and in the corners

The play has been much better than Lebda, though. I honestly realize that statement isn't saying much but you are being quite overdramatic calling him a Euro Lebda basing it on pts. and +/-

Like someone said before, Babs loves him. I think he sees the potential, he just isn't living up to it yet. I am all for strengthening our D but I think Salei has the potential to continue on this roster. Same thing goes with Kindl. I don't see either of them going anywhere anytime soon.

As for the purpose of this forum, Kenny sits tight. Cap room to small, and s***, we aren't doing that bad people. We are 9 points our of first place with 2 games in hand. Yes the D has been looking shaky and we might just be turning it around but it's not like we are fighting for a playoff spot like our rivals in Chicago are.

Guest Crymson

I want Chris Neil from Ottawa! like i said before Neil - Helm - Abdelkader/Miller IMO that would be one hell of a grind line even putting Eaves in there would work those are the workers right there. i think they would wear down the opposition in the corners especially in the playoffs.

Neil isn't impressive for the price, and this isn't the last year of his contract.

I think that's a huge exaggeration.

yea I havent really seen any of that grit they were talking about when they signed him. Babcock loves him for some reason though, so i dont think we will see him going anywhere.

Well, Babcock knows better than we do.

The Salei comment isn't just by the numbers, i watch every Wings game im sure like alot of you guys, and I find he plays almost the same style as Lebda, Salei may be a little better on D but very little, I would love for Kenny to bring in someone else let Kindl go back to GR full-time and let Salei fill in for injuries

The Salei comment isn't just by the numbers, i watch every Wings game im sure like alot of you guys, and I find he plays almost the same style as Lebda, Salei may be a little better on D but very little, I would love for Kenny to bring in someone else let Kindl go back to GR full-time and let Salei fill in for injuries

He has to through waivers.

No thank. Neil is grossly over paid. He's as rough as stone, but that also explains his hands, both shooting and punching.

I think we need some insurance in net, if Howard stinks up the joint I'm not sure we can rely on Osgood to stay healthy... I'd like to add Johan Hedberg, good depth move for this year and it would be nice to have him in the fold for backup duty next year in the likely event that Osgood retires.

I was thinking that we could do a deal with NYI, Milan Jurcina is a big guy who clears the net and has a cap hit of

$1m. he's out of contract in 11/12. Kenny rings Nabby, tells him to report to NYI and he'll have a contract with the

Wings for next season waiting for him. Ken then tells that dork in New York he'll get Nabs to report if they can do a

deal involving Jurcina for Meech,and 3rd & 7th round pick. ?

I was thinking that we could do a deal with NYI, Milan Jurcina is a big guy who clears the net and has a cap hit of

$1m. he's out of contract in 11/12. Kenny rings Nabby, tells him to report to NYI and he'll have a contract with the

Wings for next season waiting for him. Ken then tells that dork in New York he'll get Nabs to report if they can do a

deal involving Jurcina for Meech,and 3rd & 7th round pick. ?

Good thing that doesn't sound like collusion. Offering meech is like offering a 27th round draft pick, so why do it?

Now, with that said, this is one of the first times I've seen a half way realistic trade. i don't think it would take a 3rd rounder to get this guy. See if they'll take Emmerton straight up, or sweeten the pot by adding a 5th and/or 6th in there for him.

Good thing that doesn't sound like collusion. Offering meech is like offering a 27th round draft pick, so why do it?

Now, with that said, this is one of the first times I've seen a half way realistic trade. i don't think it would take a 3rd rounder to get this guy. See if they'll take Emmerton straight up, or sweeten the pot by adding a 5th and/or 6th in there for him.

I don't see that happening. Haven't the Wings considered Emmerton to be untouchable unless they were really blown out of the water on a trade in the past? If I remember correctly, didn't Florida want him in the Bert trade & Kenny said no?

Before we go, I'll quickly touch on the Red Wings, who tonight face their old pal Steve Yzerman in Tampa Bay tonight. I had a chat with Wings GM Ken Holland a few days ago, and while he keeps his cards close to his vest, I don't see him being very active at the trade deadline, not unless Chris Osgood regresses in his rehab between now and Feb. 28. The Wings are getting Brad Stuart back tonight and look forward to Mike Modano returning sometime next month. Just getting healthy again will be their big moves. Until tomorrow!

Daily Debate article

Like we already knew