• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Ericsson vs Ott

Rate this topic

To be honest, though, all of our defensemen save for Lids and Stuart look lazy as s*** out there. Maybe it's just the fact that Dallas was quicker than us last night, but Rafalski looked slow, Kronwall looked slow, Ericsson looked outright bad at times (respectable for fighting though), and Salei looked okay at times, but overall, our defense just looks like it's making all the wrong decisions out there at all the worst times. Seems to me like this could be a coaching issue or a defensive pairing issue, but I've never seen what I saw last night happen as much as it did. All the mistakes have to be coming from somewhere, and it's too bad because before the game against SJ, we hadn't allowed more than 2 goals since February 9th.

I'm not saying we need a trade because it was made pretty clear that we aren't going to get anyone who is a top defenseman willing to take bottom defenseman money and play there, but I really think they need some sort of a confidence booster to get back to where they were a few games ago. Last night was just incredibly sloppy.

Agreed man. The entire defense was ugly yesterday. Even Lids had a rough night.

The Wings' confident play and fast pace starts with a quick outlet pass from the defense. When the D plays like s*** it's pretty tough for the forwards to get things going.

Hockeyfights.com posted this video on facebook and I saw one guy comment something along the lines of "Too bad Ott couldn't have got his original pick for a fight.. typical red wing"

So I of course had to comment and single him out and make him look just a little bit like a fool.

Anyways, does anyone have a count of how many games it's actually been since a Red Wing fought? Seems like forever. I'll settle for a ragdolling of that ugly douchebag, but it would have been so much sweeter to see Big E knock a few of the teeth out of Ott's mouth.. maybe that would finally shut him up for a while.

Franzen cannot fight see 2008 playoffs concussion problems

I prefer seeing Bertuzzi without back troubles and playing every game.

He hasnt had back problems for like 3 years, it wouldn't kill him to throw a hit.

That being said, I dont mind as long as he steps up a bit in playoffs and plays mean

He hasnt had back problems for like 3 years, it wouldn't kill him to throw a hit.

That being said, I dont mind as long as he steps up a bit in playoffs and plays mean

I don't think that is a coincidence.

But yeah I agree, in the playoffs he shouldn't be holding back, and you can notice him being more physical on the forecheck when we are behind as well.

Good showing by Ericsson, although as others have said, it wasn't really a good fight.

He needs to throw a little more frequently, and then he'll hopefully develop some killer instinct. He shouldn't have allowed Ott to get back in the fight.

Ott definitely had it coming. Where's Abdelkader been? Supposedly he was supposed to be the "scrappiest" guy on the team...?

Ott definitely had it coming. Where's Abdelkader been? Supposedly he was supposed to be the "scrappiest" guy on the team...?

The secret was losing our most motivating defensive pair and people just don't realize it....

220px-Andreas_Lilja.jpgLebda_headshot_08-09_240.JPG

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Edited by HankthaTank

I prefer seeing Bertuzzi without back troubles and playing every game.

I agree with carmen, for once. after the injuries, and the moore incident he was forced to change his style of play, he had to transform the way he played a bit to keep hit career alive

Bert fighting days are over

far from over.. he beat Orpik up in the first pre-season game. People don't want to fight Bert, hes one strong man two years ago Tootoo tried to fight him and lost about 10 seconds into the fight, Todd punched him a few times then just wrestled him to the ground like it was nothing. Come playoff time if the right situation is there I bet he will.

far from over.. he beat Orpik up in the first pre-season game. People don't want to fight Bert, hes one strong man two years ago Tootoo tried to fight him and lost about 10 seconds into the fight, Todd punched him a few times then just wrestled him to the ground like it was nothing. Come playoff time if the right situation is there I bet he will.

Yeah did he really demolish Orpik that fight or what? Ive never came across video of it

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yeah did he really demolish Orpik that fight or what? Ive never came across video of it

It wasn't televised. Unless someone in the crowd got it on their cell phone there never will be a video of it.

I dont remember him ever getting into fights but it is true he used to be a huge hitter when he was a bottom 6 player. Hitting and scoring like he does are not mutually exclusive of one another, he really is embarrassing when it comes to physical play for his size

I never saw a fight of his I just think I heard it on a broadcast or something, so "fight a plenty" was the wrong phrase for sure. As for his size vs physical play I cant agree more. It wouldnt be so bad if he was an Antropov, but to talk as much s*** as he does then bail like a ***** IS embarrassing! Thats why I think someone needs to repeatedly poke him with a stick, a semi sharp annoying little stick that pisses him right off. Then in may release himclap.gif

Edited by 13dangledangle

I never saw a fight of his I just think I heard it on a broadcast or something, so "fight a plenty" was the wrong phrase for sure. As for his size vs physical play I cant agree more. It wouldnt be so bad if he was an Antropov, but to talk as much s*** as he does then bail like a ***** IS embarrassing! Thats why I think someone needs to repeatedly poke him with a stick, a semi sharp annoying little stick that pisses him right off. Then in may release himclap.gif

Thats true. its not like he completey hides away from contact or anything but he shouldn't with that size.

The way he acts tough behind a linesman, or drops like he got shot if he even gets tapped in the head is ridiculous, he loves diving on those plays. Against Vandermeer he did it and against Roberts in the playoffs.

He can actually take a punch he stayed up with whoever that was on the blues that one time (he got pumped but still didnt drop), so when he dives around like that I really do find it embarrassing