• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukPwnz13

Is this the end?

Rate this topic

We have to play good for 2 months and we have 16 games left to get ready for those 2 months. It is ridiculous with the amount of experience, talent and professionalism that we have on this team that people think that this team is done. This team will crank it up come playoff time and whether that's good enough to win the cup time will tell.

If you thought the Red Wings would win every single night and go 82-0 your crazy

That's not what the original poster was implying and you know it. Nobody expects this team to go 82-0. Pretty much anybody understands that in a lengthy seasons you're going to hit a snag here or there, maybe lose two or three straight. But this team has been playing with such inconsistency for a good chunk lately, and close to the postseason and it's not looking like they are playing with intensity or effort out there as they could. It's a legitimate cause for concern. I can deal with losing fine. I don't like half-assing it all that much though. That is entirely subjective whether you or I think we are playing like that, but this wouldn't be a subject matter of concern if the Wings were winning more lately, or looking like they aren't getting outhustled more often than not. We all want wins, but I think that people can at least be at ease with a loss as long as they work hard.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I think we are a good team still but we aren't the best team in the league anymore, no matter what the standings are. Too many teams have better defense and good enough offense to beat the red wings. About 2 months ago I was thinknig we would get to the 2nd round and lose, likely drawing a good, hungry opponent. But depending who we draw in the first round, I have my doubts we get beyond round 1. If we run into a scrappy, fast skating team with a solid goalie, we are going to have a hard time scoring goals, and since our Defense is not what it used to be, and our goalie doesn't like to control any rebounds, we'll be in trouble.

Just my opinion. I was a Howard fan all last year, gave him the free pass ,and up until recently. But lately I'm waivering. It's like he's been coached to "just stop the puck". He rarely controls rebounds, he overplays shots, several times lately he's been caught getting back to the post and if not for the defense the other team scores a wrap around. He just doesn't seem to have the basics to be in the NHL. It pains me to say that. Yes he's got the most wins in the league (or close to it), but that's more becuase the wings have the best offense in the league than it does Howard being a great goalie (just look at the numbers).

In the playoffs, the offense will definitely be slowed down, and at this point, I don't beleive we can win games 3-2. I think the wings are going to have to give up a forward next year to get cap room for a solid goalie.

If THEY don't win their next game (I only use WE when THEY'RE winning), I'm jumping ship and becoming a Leafs fan. You can hold me to that. :angry:

Please don't hold me to that I don't want to be a Leafs fan, they're rubbish!

ALERT!!

LEBDA LOVER LOVES LEBDA!