Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Zetteberg and Datsyuk no longer on the same line

Rate this topic

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Draper/Miller

Eaves skated but did not participate in line rushes.

On defense, with Stuart sitting out, these are the pairs they used:

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Rafalski

Kindl-Salei

Howard

MacDonald

Osgood

I like the lines!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/03/red_wings_brad_stuart_ankle_si.html

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Stuart better be playing because I do not want to see Ericsson on the top line with Lidstrom. Lidstrom is good but he cannot play defense alone.

stuart tweaked his leg really weird last night...

if they arent producing together they should split them up.

could we please give helm a chance on the 2nd line for the love of god.... he might not have great skill but he retrieves loose pucks like a madman and could help with our "one and done" problem.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

agreed. ericsson was so shaky last night. i think kindl has earned a shot ahead of ericsson for the time being.

Ericsson is playing his way off of this team. Kindl has shown improvement with his time up here and I have more confidence in him than Ericsson. We don't need a pylon who pinches at the worst times leading to the inevitable odd-man rush.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Salei-Kindl

The first two lines are proven and have led us to a Cup and 2 Finals appearances and who really cares about the 3rd line, it's the 3rd line.

Have you been watching the same games???? Kindl has been HORRIBLE the last 4 games and almost single handedly gave Phoenix the comeback win...

if ur referring to the pass that gave them the second goal, helm was partly at fault too. kindl uses his body well and doesnt just give the puck away when he gets it. ericsson just dumps it up the boards.

did you see big E get outbattled in front of howard for the tying goal in the pheonix game. he should have dumped his man at the least. he looked clumsy with the puck in his feet not sure what to do.

Ericsson is playing his way off of this team. Kindl has shown improvement with his time up here and I have more confidence in him than Ericsson. We don't need a pylon who pinches at the worst times leading to the inevitable odd-man rush.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Salei-Kindl

The first two lines are proven and have led us to a Cup and 2 Finals appearances and who really cares about the 3rd line, it's the 3rd line.

thank you, somebody is watching the same players as me.

Have you been watching the same games???? Kindl has been HORRIBLE the last 4 games and almost single handedly gave Phoenix the comeback win...

And Ericsson has been god awful for the past month and a half. Neither one is really worth having out there but if I had to choose, lately it's Kindl.

These lines aren't bad, but what else can we do? There has to be shake ups continuously until they work. Cleary-Pav-Hudler might be worth a look again as they complimented well. We can only hope that the mix up means something.....

Hudler, Modano and Cleary? Please no...

This didnt work the first time only because hudler was playing like s***. hopefully our "hardest working player" can up his game. The first two lines make perfect sense and so does the forth so i say roll with it. at least cleary will make up for hudler's inability to do anything along the boards or skate faster than a glacier speed.

Hudler, Modano and Cleary? Please no...

This didnt work the first time only because hudler was playing like s***. hopefully our "hardest working player" can up his game. The first two lines make perfect sense and so does the forth so i say roll with it. at least cleary will make up for hudler's inability to do anything along the boards or skate faster than a glacial speed.

I still don't know why Babs broke up Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary, they only had a couple average games and he broke them up... I'm going to go rare "line thread" post on this one, but this is what I really want to see:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Franzen

Modano-Filppula-Holmstrom

Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Rafalski

Ericsson-Salei

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I don't ever remember the lines changing this much in the past. Is it just me and my poor memory or do they change a lot?

And Ericsson has been god awful for the past month and a half. Neither one is really worth having out there but if I had to choose, lately it's Kindl.

These lines aren't bad, but what else can we do? There has to be shake ups continuously until they work. Cleary-Pav-Hudler might be worth a look again as they complimented well. We can only hope that the mix up means something.....

Ericsson has been affected since Raffi has been up and down, he seems to struggle when changing partners and needs that consistency to be the most effective, which is a cause for concern with the way the NHL game is played... with that said, I still would take Ericsson's bad decisions over Kindl's bad decisions at this point...

I still don't know why Babs broke up Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary, they only had a couple average games and he broke them up... I'm going to go rare "line thread" post on this one, but this is what I really want to see:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Rafalski

Ericsson-Salei

I really like these, but I'd love to see Kronner and Stuart back together.

I really like these, but I'd love to see Kronner and Stuart back together.

Well let's hope Stuie is ok after that awkward fall. He did come back out and play after that but that was a gnarly fall. Hopefully he is just sitting out to rest and get treatments.

Well let's hope Stuie is ok after that awkward fall. He did come back out and play after that but that was a gnarly fall. Hopefully he is just sitting out to rest and get treatments.

I was surprised he finished the game, that was ugly looking indeed... we definitely need him right now, next to Nick, he's been our best d-man this year

Ericsson has been affected since Raffi has been up and down, he seems to struggle when changing partners and needs that consistency to be the most effective, which is a cause for concern with the way the NHL game is played... with that said, I still would take Ericsson's bad decisions over Kindl's bad decisions at this point...

Meh, 6 of 1 half a dozen to the other. Like I said, they are both awful right now. I am the opposite as it seems to me that Ericsson looks like a dang chicken with his head cut off and plenty of giveaways. Kindl had a huge mistake the other night in PHX that didnt' help the team but to me, Jonathan Ericsson is a 6'5 220 lb. pylon that fairly soon has to go. Kindl is not the answer either, but the way I am thinking now, he is just a rookie and he needs to get the flow of the NHL. Ericsson's time has come and gone.

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Rafalski

Ericsson-Salei

This. The Dats-Cleary-Hudler line had fantastic chemistry. All three have cooled off since being broken up so why not reunite them?

Meh, 6 of 1 half a dozen to the other. Like I said, they are both awful right now. I am the opposite as it seems to me that Ericsson looks like a dang chicken with his head cut off and plenty of giveaways. Kindl had a huge mistake the other night in PHX that didnt' help the team but to me, Jonathan Ericsson is a 6'5 220 lb. pylon that fairly soon has to go. Kindl is not the answer either, but the way I am thinking now, he is just a rookie and he needs to get the flow of the NHL. Ericsson's time has come and gone.

Both are big, left handed d-men, making less than 1m, playing bottom pairing minutes, that don't play to their size and are prone to mental gaffes, the difference maker to me, is that one of them has already been here for a couple years and knows the system pretty well and has had more good games than bad this season and will stand up for teammates when called upon, whereas the other could be dangled for trade bait in the off season, since there is still the allure of "potential" due to his age and high draft stock... for what we need out of said player, I think Ericsson fits into our long term plans better and also is the more solid player RIGHT now, not to say that Kindl couldn't potentially develop into more over time, but it is what it is...

Both are big, left handed d-men, making less than 1m, playing bottom pairing minutes, that don't play to their size and are prone to mental gaffes, the difference maker to me, is that one of them has already been here for a couple years and knows the system pretty well and has had more good games than bad this season and will stand up for teammates when called upon, whereas the other could be dangled for trade bait in the off season, since there is still the allure of "potential" due to his age and high draft stock... for what we need out of said player, I think Ericsson fits into our long term plans better and also is the more solid player RIGHT now, not to say that Kindl couldn't potentially develop into more over time, but it is what it is...

I got the sense from some comments from Holland and Babcock that Ericsson ISNT in their long term plans but Kindl is. Holland wont overpay to keep E here and we've seen how much ex-wings get overpaid.

I got the sense from some comments from Holland and Babcock that Ericsson ISNT in their long term plans but Kindl is. Holland wont overpay to keep E here and we've seen how much ex-wings get overpaid.

I don't think they'll overpay either, but if someone else wants to throw big money at him, let him go... but at 1-1.25 a year for a bottom pairing guy, I'd rather him stay... also, what comments are you referring to? Do you have any links to articles inferring that?