• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I saw the play Kronwall made to help get Eaves off the ice. I've never seen that before. What are your thoughts on the play?

#2 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Tell you the truth, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on when I first saw it, though I had seen Eaves take the shot off the leg.

I still think it was kind of a strange play.

I would like to hear what Eaves has to say about it. ;)

Edited by syntax, 20 March 2011 - 06:49 PM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#3 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Eaves couldnt even get up. Although it didnt help him much it was cool to see. Good team work.

The refs could have blown the damn whistle though. He was obv in a lot of pain and the puck was out of the zone.

Edited by brett, 20 March 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#4 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Dumb play by Kronwall.

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly. Like when they tell people at accident scenes to not move the injured party, for risk of worsening the injury.

On the bright side, it's the first time Kronwall has done anything aggressive this season.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

It could have made whatever injury eaves had worse. However, as far as the game is concerned, it was awesome.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 20 March 2011 - 08:13 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#7 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

must be a swedish thing
Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)

#8 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

im assuming they wanted the refs to blow the whistle due to what could have been a broken leg...and since the refs were crappy last night they didnt.

#9 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Eaves looked like he wasn't too happy when he looked at Kronner. I do think the refs should have blown the whistle and stopped play.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Dumb play by Kronwall.

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly. Like when they tell people at accident scenes to not move the injured party, for risk of worsening the injury.

On the bright side, it's the first time Kronwall has done anything aggressive this season.

Agreed. The Wings had cleared the zone so there was no immediate scoring chance for the Preds, and with Eaves clearly injured, the refs likely would've (or should've anyway) blown the whistle.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 20 March 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#11 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly.

How would a torn ACL be affected by what Kronner did? If he had a broken bone, maybe. A spinal or head injury, yes. But Eaves never left the bench. For all we know, he was yelling "effing charlie horse", in which case, shovel him to the bench. I guess I just like tough hockey and you'd prefer to pussify it. ;)
*this space for rent*

#12 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

this was jokes.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#13 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

seen this done before, still hilarious though. i dont really see where anybody couldve thought this injury was more than a broken/bruised foot. it was clearly a shot to the ankle/foot. to me it looked like eaves was laughing when he looked at kronwall, which is very typical for him.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#14 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

seen this done before, still hilarious though. i dont really see where anybody couldve thought this injury was more than a broken/bruised foot. it was clearly a shot to the ankle/foot. to me it looked like eaves was laughing when he looked at kronwall, which is very typical for him.

Didn't seem like laughing to me, more like "what's happening, who's pushing me?" Eaves expression was very painful when he finally got to sit down on the bench.

I think what Kronwall did was fine. He realized that the refs ain't going to blow the whistle so helping Eaves to the bench allowed him to get medical attendance quicker and also the team to get new player on the ice for the PK.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Honestly I'm not sure if this was an ass move by Kronwall or genuinely helpful because I've never seen it before. Eaves didn't look too happy.

Funny, nonetheless.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

this is one of the reasons i love hockey though...if it would have been basketball they would have had a stretcher out there and the tears would be flowing.

#17 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

must be a swedish thing

inappropriate time to teach patty swedish curling.
Posted Image

#18 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

For those saying it was dumb I guarantee you that if they asked Eaves he would be happy Kronwall did it... Kronwall knew he blocked a shot and a hockey player doesn't mind some pain for the benefit of the team. That would have been a 5 on 3 basically with Eaves not able to stand up laying right in the middle to get rocked by another shot. These guys are NHL'rs they know the Ref's wont blow the whistle and Kronwall knew that it wasn't a torn act or anything from a blocked shot. Yes it probably caught Eaves by surprise but I bet for a fact and I know I would want the same as a hockey player is to get me off the ice cause I wouldn't want to be responsible for a goal against. Great sacrifice by Eaves to block the shot, and heads up play by Kronwall and Eaves to get him off the ice.

Crash

#19 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

this is one of the reasons i love hockey though...if it would have been basketball they would have had a stretcher out there and the tears would be flowing.

Posted Image

#20 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

Hahaha... Such a baaaaad and yet good example somehow.