• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Hopefully our problem vanishes tonight

Rate this topic

The panic button has been pressed. It has been pressed most definitely by the fans and some of the media. Again the players haven't seemed to hit the panic button, but instead hit the self-assurance button. We all know Babcock has hit the only button he has, the grumpy button. But will anyone in the organization hit the launch button and get this team flying towards the ultimate goal?

There are many threads throughout the year talking about what the problems are and how to fix them, but we need to recognize now the regular season doesn't mean anything except for three final games.

Nashville, Chicago, Chicago.

Three games.

Both Nashville and the Hawks are 2 wins behind us, four and six points behind respectively. Assuming they can run the table in any game not against Detroit then we have work to do. If all three games are won Detroit gets the divison title and can finish on a winning upswing in the last five games. This can jumpstart them and get them ready to go. It would also shake the demons that are Nashville and Chicago, who both have our number. Honestly would it surprise anyone if we run up against these teams in the early rounds?

If we can beat Nashville (in regulation time) and split with Chicago even if it is an overtime win, we get the division.

That is the most simple way of saying that we need to get back to winning, and the only games that matter, the only ones that can prove we are capable of making a run, and the only chance we have of setting our awful March right are these three games.

We must stay healthy first and foremost, then we actually have to win at least two games, and today is one of them. Today is a rare "must-win" game for a team that is backing its way into a sure playoff spot. Because when a team isn't in must-win mode as it backs its way into the playoffs, it surely is ripe for the first round knockout blow.

You better believe Yzerman is letting Tampa in on that.

i know when the bad hoodoo curse went into effect.

when the Stanley Cup was turned upside down in Detroit after the '08 cup win.

damn Def Leppard for this atrocity and damn the organizer for hiring a British band to celebrate in Motown.

we must cleanse this curse before the playoffs!

but how?

kid rock/ted nugent/white stripes concert in homage?

we need help!

i know when the bad hoodoo curse went into effect.

when the Stanley Cup was turned upside down in Detroit after the '08 cup win.

damn Def Leppard for this atrocity and damn the organizer for hiring a British band to celebrate in Motown.

we must cleanse this curse before the playoffs!

but how?

kid rock/ted nugent/white stripes concert in homage?

we need help!

R.I.P.

I guess if you guys adopt the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately stance then no, they haven't been a very good team. But by the rules of the NHL's record keeping they're near the top.

Anyways, all of this wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth will be settled soon enough. The ultimate arbiter of success will then separate the wheat from the chaff: the NHL playoffs.

the Wings only need to win two of their last five games and then it won't matter what anyone else does as far as the division goes

they can actually clinch the division tomorrow if they win both of the games this weekend

beating Nashville today would eliminate them from the division race(Detroit would then have 100 points which would then be Nashville's max and Detroit would hold the tiebreaker even if Nashville won the rest)

then if they beat Minnesota tomorrow too they would eliminate Chicago from the division race(Detroit would then have 102 points which is Chicago's max and Detroit would hold the tiebreaker even if Chicago won the rest)

So you would say their tear to start the season has nothing to do with their inflated point totals?

so you would say their tear to start the season has nothing to do with them being a good team?

Edited by ricky0034

So you would say their tear to start the season has nothing to do with their inflated point totals?

2 points in october is 2 points.

2 points in april is 2 points.

as far as i can tell, a win is 2 points and an overtime loss is 1 point. It doesnt matter at which point during the regular season that occurred. if you want to make the post season, you need points in october, november, december, january, february, march, and april.

they didnt get 98 points in the first 2 months of the season and proceed to get zero during the last 3 months.

so you would say their tear to start the season has nothing to do with them being a good team?

I would say their early season tear can easily be attributed to an easy schedule and points against weaker teams.

Check their record against the top 8 in the west and compare it to the rest of the top 8. Not good.

That is because of points we built up early in the season when we were playing 10x better. We have not been playing like that team since December.

So now we are making excuses why they don't deserve to be where they are. Amazing.

So now we are making excuses why they don't deserve to be where they are. Amazing.

Well gee, it's not like Detroit's play since January is more indicative of how they will perform in the playoffs than their 20 game run at the start of the season against weaker teams in an easier schedule.

Silly pessimists.

Well gee, it's not like Detroit's play since January is more indicative of how they will perform in the playoffs than their 20 game run at the start of the season against weaker teams in an easier schedule.

Silly pessimists.

Right. Because the playoffs are exactly like the regular season. Gee, no wonder there aren't any upsets ever.

Thought you guys would be used to this by now...

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm betting (in weekend picks and fantasy) on Detroit tonight after that huge loss, but really sorta expect them to lose.

Nashville is a beast at home (22-9-7). Only Vancouver and Washington have better records at home this season. We've also lost 4 of 5 games against them this season.

As for the rest of the season I expect wins against Minnesota, maybe Carolina, and a split against Chicago.

Sure seemed like the answered the bell, at least for half of the game.

Honestly I hope they lose the rest of the games, while playing well and staying healthy, until the Chicago games. Then I hope we blow them out of the water, and help Dallas take their playoff spot.