• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Nashville vs. Anaheim

Rate this topic

Well... I use to live in Nashville, and I hate that city,the people, oh yeah and the Hockey team. I hope Anaheim destorys Nashville! Honestly I think Anaheim takes it in 7. Nashville typically does not play well against physical teams and we all know how Anaheim plays! GO DUCKS! (I think I just threw up in my mouth).

I'll be pulling my fingers for Preds. they're a pest to play against in playoffs but they deserve their first ever playoff round win

after icing quality team year after year despite their difficult market conditions.

my gut feeling is that Ducks could pull it, but don't understimate Nashville. they are great at getting the best out of less flashy

lineups.

The Ducks will win this series easily. I'm a Red Wings fan here in SoCal so I see them play quite a bit. They're coming in with a lot of momentum and they're going to be extremely, extremely tough.

so like last years red wings?

Preds in 6 with some solid tending and defense. Anaheim's play as of late has been very impressive (including Douchecanoe Perry) so that will take them a bit further in this series than it could have been. Anaheim is one of those scrappy playoff teams but they don't have the squad they had back in '09. Rinne and the Preds' lockdown D get it done.

I like this one ... part of me wants Preds to have a bit of success but I want to watch the Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan line in action. Tough series, too bad one of them won't get to 2nd round, both kind of deserve advancing.

Preds in 4

The Ducks have their Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan all on the same line, then just Teemu by himself, they are going to get smothered by Suter/Weber. The only way I see the Ducks winning is putting Ryan on the 2nd line with Teemu.

Preds in 4

The Ducks have their Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan all on the same line, then just Teemu by himself, they are going to get smothered by Suter/Weber. The only way I see the Ducks winning is putting Ryan on the 2nd line with Teemu.

I don't agree with that. Blake-Koivu-Selanne has been a good combination and have played together a lot. At times that line carried the Ducks. They've got two solid offensive lines.

I would be more concerned about goaltending and good defensive forwards other than goons. Their defense was a big questionmark at the start of the season, but Lydman and Visnovsky have been great, and Fowler has been good as well.

I'm shocked people are predicting blowouts one way or the other in this series. Both teams are playing great and with equal tenacity. Nashville's forecheck is relentless while Anaheim's aggression will make for a entertaining series to watch. Either team could just as easily win this series and IMO this is the first series Nashville isn't the clear underdog.

Either team in 7.

the best outcome from this series is that the winner, whoever it is, is banged up and tired. ANA/NAS in 7 with multiple OTs in game 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6... and 7.

Edited by ami

the best outcome from this series is that the winner, whoever it is, is banged up and tired. ANA/NAS in 7 with multiple OTs in game 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6... and 7.

Agreed. Six OTs each game sounds about right.

Honestly, I'm not sure where Nashville's PP ranks but Anaheim is going to give them so many PPs that Shea Weber is going to make them pay. I'll predict right now that penalties will cost Anaheim this series.

Definitely think the Predators are finally getting out of the first round in this one, and it will be well deserved.

The Preds have far better goaltending, defense, and coaching. Two different styles, Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan/Visnovsky/Selanne vs Rinne/Weber/Suter/Trotz and I like defense in 6.

Edited by T-Ruff

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Anaheim has the better forward core but Nashville has the better defense and goaltending, which is what wins in the playoffs.

anaheims main question mark is goaltending. emery gives them a better situation then with ellis... but boy do they miss hiller who i think is a very underrated tender. nashville has no goaltending question, rinne is a stud and could win this series on his own

with that said, the big story in this series will be the sutter weber pair trying to shut down the big line for the ducks which is no easy task. perry is as hot as anyone in the league right now, and has the ability make you pay from just about anywhere in your zone. he's similar to dats in his ability to make something out of nothing and with ryan and a healthy getzlaf this line is big, strong and extremely talented. you would also think that mike fisher will see some time against those boys or if not the selanne line which may really work to the preds advantage.

it doesnt get too much better for nashville either since selanne seems like he's growing younger (nick lidstrom syndrome) along with koivu and blake anaheim has a far superior top 6 to nashville and the more time away from weber and sutter the better for anaheims sake. i think the ducks will gladly go with the selanne line against the klein blum pairing or the obrien franson. with home ice, they also can try to throw marchant against fisher whenever they can to ensure that either the selanne or getz line will not be against either fisher or the sutter/weber pair.

this series will be a chess match (as all are) but even to a greater extent then others IMO. i think anaheim gets good enough goaltending and matchups they need to get through nashville.... anaheims 1st line can physically dominant, but also keep in mind anaheim has a lot of other big boys that will make this one grueling series.

I want it to go seven games. I don't care who wins. I want them to beat the s*** out of each other and for Perry to be made a fool of. At least once. However all that happens is just fine by me. :)