• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

So after game 1 and especially after tonight's performance, I feel something needs to be changed here. We're not playing Red Wings hockey and now we're down 2-0. I believe 1 mistake coming in was benching Draper, he was flying and looking good out there in the Phoenix series(though i realize the whole team was compared to now) but still, I believe his PK, speed, faceoffs and experience would help greatly. I would also break up Datsyuk and Z to get more firepower on 2 diff lines...Also mr. Modano...I believe we need him in there, sure he's aging but I think he would bring more then some ppl currently in the lineup such as eaves or miller. Personally I would take out miller and Hudler cuz he's been doing nothing all series...but i'm not the coach. We need some goal scoring and more pressure then we have, cuz other then the 1st periods and the last 7 mins of gthe 3rd period in game 2, we've been dominated. So with this being said, what is everyone else's thoughts on this? Keep it the way it is or change it up? In the end I believe..go wings go! We have to do our job at home now like they did.

Edited by wingsfan_54, 01 May 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#2 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

split up zetterberg and datsyuk. as awesome as they can be together, we need them on seperate lines.

#3 MrWings787

MrWings787

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

My lines would be

Homer-Datsyuk-Cleary
Bert-Hank-Franzen
Modano-Filp-Abby
Helm-Draper-Eaves

same d core

hudler is having no effect in this series and its time for him to sit, also draper for miller just for a spark, more experience and another face of option.

#4 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

I agree with both, I forgot to throw in breaking up Z and datsyuk, I think that would benefit greatly as well..and I like those lines without huds he's done nothing and needs to sit.

#5 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Cleary - Filppula - Zetterberg
Abdelkader - Helm - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Draper - Mursak

:thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Cleary - Filppula - Zetterberg
Abdelkader - Helm - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Draper - Mursak

:thumbup:

:o

But, but where's Hudler?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

:o

But, but where's Hudler?

After Babs praised him in Game 1, and rightfully so, he sucked early today and ended up with about 8 mins TOI. You know he's a chance to be scratched.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#8 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Wow... A lines thread not started up by blueadams. Full moon tonight or...?

#9 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

can't bench all the players that are floating, cause then we'd have 2 or 3 forwards dressing.

babcock has to man up and actually send a message with one of his lineup decisions: bench abdelkader.

0 pts, -3, arguably cost the wings both games 1 and 2 because of high-sticking calls in the offensive zone.

don't care if you love the guy or hate the guy, he's just a dumb player. only a total moron would take that double minor in game 1 OT and come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into game 2.

guy's an idiot.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#10 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

can't bench all the players that are floating, cause then we'd have 2 or 3 forwards dressing.

babcock has to man up and actually send a message with one of his lineup decisions: bench abdelkader.

0 pts, -3, arguably cost the wings both games 1 and 2 because of high-sticking calls in the offensive zone.

don't care if you love the guy or hate the guy, he's just a dumb player. only a total moron would take that double minor in game 1 OT and come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into game 2.

guy's an idiot.

Yep, and he came out after G1 and spoke to the media about the Wings needing to keep their sticks on the ice. Hilarious Justin! :lol:

I like the guy, a lot, but man he is dumb out there sometimes. Needs to go back to wing, sucks at centre.

#11 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yep, and he came out after G1 and spoke to the media about the Wings needing to keep their sticks on the ice. Hilarious Justin! :lol:

exactly. imagine that feeling after game 2. cost your team the game, your coach has to talk to the media about needing to "keep our sticks down", obviously specifically referring to your bone-headed play.

...and then you come out and do the exact same thing 3 minutes into the next game?

that takes a special kind of moron.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#12 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Tatar-Datsyuk-Franzen
Cleary-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Pulkkinen-Jarnkrok-Mursak
Raedeke-Helm-Callahan

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Smith-Lashoff

Howard

#13 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Tatar-Datsyuk-Franzen
Cleary-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Pulkkinen-Jarnkrok-Mursak
Raedeke-Helm-Callahan

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Smith-Lashoff

Howard

Exciting!! :yowza:

You forgot Aubry though!

#14 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Zetterberg - Helm - Holmstrom
Cleary - Datsyuk - Hudler
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Franzen
Eaves - Draper - Miller

In no particular order.

Posted Image

#15 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

bright spot: Wings lost 2 games playing like garbage and both games were only 1 goal deficits.

If the Wings play like we know they can they can turn this series around, a little line juggling and some motivation from the veterans/leaders to jump start a come back.

GO WINGS!

#16 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Unless Franzen's ankle gets worse, no lineup changes. The effort has been there the past 2 games, just San Jose is also a very good team and we've been on the short end of the stick twice by just a goal.

#17 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

Exciting!! :yowza:

You forgot Aubry though!

No I didn't. I definitely gave him plenty of consideration. I just thought that if he was going to be in the lineup that I wanted him to play center. Unless we want Hank and Pasha together then I don't really know where to fit him.

And lately the Euro Twins have been in a coma and it doesn't seem as if they'll come out of it any time soon.

#18 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Filpula Datsyuk Homstrom
Cleary Zetterberg Franzen
Abdelkader Helm Hudler
Bertuzzi Draper Eaves/Miller/Modano

I think we are really missing a shoot first mentality on the PP right now Mo would bring that playing the point. Toss up though our Pk hasnt been that bad.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Sigh... I've ragged on Modano big time... But if Babs were to consider the idea, perhaps it might look something like this:

Modano-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary
Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Draper-Helm-Eaves

#20 YzerPucks19

YzerPucks19

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

Wings have to start playing guys who want to skate. Roll with 3 lines or 2 lines.
Then maybe guys will start getting it. Some are not competing.

Modano-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Zetterberg-Filppula-Cleary
Helm-Hudler-Abdelkader
Franzen-Draper-Holmstrom

Wings got to get scrappier in front of NIEMI.
I found out that if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.

Scotty Bowman