• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

It's to bad because I really thought we played well. Oh well, that's how it goes. I really don't have much to say, I just thought we could have won. I feel bad for Howard, because he's giving the team everything he has.

More flipping and flopping from the Sharks tonight. Geeze those guys are making a mockery of the game! I've never seen so many players on one team fall to the ice in the same game. I've told my cousin, who's a Canucks fans, to be careful if they play the Sharks next round, because they go down easy.

I agree. the RW played well. I thought the sharks were off their game. they don't usually fall that much and they have been passing well. thought the sharks weren't going to win this one.

I thought Flip and Huds looked pretty good out there tonight at both ends of the ice. Franzen's defensive laziness directly led to the OT goal.

Howard's poor positioning was the cause of another goal; the "broken stick goal" that went on the far side. Had Howard managed to not slide five feet past where he should have been, that doesn't go in.

The first goal was a result of Brad Stuart chasing after the puck in the corner as it went to a Shark player Niklas Kronwall was already covering. Critical mistake on the PK, and one that led to a goal.

On Boyle's goal, Helm is caught standing around watching four Red Wings battle three Sharks deep in the Wings zone. Boyle slips in behind Helm and takes a feed, beating a desperately sprawling Howard. Howard is also to blame, as he basically resorted to the technique of "flail wildly and hope I stop it" on that goal, when he could normally have stopped it.

I agree about Howard's bad game.

It's time to get a Euro goalie and Canadian players. Not the other way around. (Yes, I know Howard is not Canadian).

Edited by GMRwings1983

Meh, life goes on.

You have to hand it to San Jose, they are capitalizing on their chances. The Wings put forth a much better effort today, but I don't forgive them for the lack of intensity and hustle in games 1 and 2. The Wings even got the power play in OT and really did nothing with it. I know the refs got a bad rap last year in the playoffs. This year, the Wings have no one to blame but themselves. Especially in games 1 and 2.

I am behind the Wings all the way. Even going to watch Game 4. There was a team last year that won 4 in a row, and maybe the Wings can do that this year. If not, well, there isn't anything that can be done about it by whining or crying. I will put my cheering behind Steve Yzerman and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I would rather get swept. Going one more game will make it look like the Wings just had "bad luck" and don't need to do much to make things right next season.

not to mention it would look like last year?

You know, I don't think I have ever felt this depressed after any game I have watched in my lifetime. It is like a weird tingling feeling in my shoulders and chest. Ugh, f*** San Jose.

Did you become a fan yesterday?

We've had way more disappointing losses than these. This series was over after 2 games anyway.

It's funny how Stevie Y was able to turn a non-playoff team into a conference final team in the course of ONE season. While our guy, uh, set us up for a repeat of last year.

OWNED.

Yeah, it will probably be one of the Red Wings biggest mistakes. Yzerman makes Tampa successful and will never think about being the Wings GM.

Philly did it last year...no reason why the Wings can't do the same thing this year. These have all been 1 goal games so something has to give. Trying to be optimistic, but at least I will have the Bolts to root for this year if the Wings go down.

I'm going to sleep. Somebody wake me up when Jarnkrok, Pulkinnen, and Tatar are tearing up the league.

These guys will never tear up the league maybe puliknen will be a 30 goal guy. But Won't be in the NHL till hes 26 and just gettin past his prime. We need to bring in these younger guys with potential now get rid of these guys who aren't gettin any better. Holmstrom, bertuzzi, hudler, cleary, Filppula , eaves, modano, draper, osgood, salei , Ericsson ,miller,

I just had an epiphany...No wait, I was just replaying last years series Vs. the Sharks. Uhhh I hate being negative like this, but, they really blew this one tonight. They had it with like 4:10 left in the third. This could've been a toatal different series if they won tonight. Shoulda, coulda, woulda I guess. All I know is...This SUCKS!!! Changes are inevitable.

We've had way more disappointing losses than these. This series was over after 2 games anyway.

Maybe it just never bugged me as much as it does now. I don't know.

These guys will never tear up the league maybe puliknen will be a 30 goal guy. But Won't be in the NHL till hes 26 and just gettin past his prime. We need to bring in these younger guys with potential now get rid of these guys who aren't gettin any better. Holmstrom, bertuzzi, hudler, cleary, Filppula , eaves, modano, draper, osgood, salei , Ericsson ,miller,

Do you even watch hockey? Your posts insinuate that you don't.

I agree.

I remember what it was like to see the Devils win the cup back in 1995 in a sweep. That hurt a lot back then. Course, I was a new fan just discovering the game of hockey. Still, that sweep in the finals was one of the worst feelings I have ever had.

I agree.

I remember what it was like to see the Devils win the cup back in 1995 in a sweep. That hurt a lot back then. Course, I was a new fan just discovering the game of hockey. Still, that sweep in the finals was one of the worst feelings I have ever had.

You know I think I remember actually rooting for the Devils back than but I was six at the time and stupid.