• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sharks 3

Rate this topic

Wow, this game was....oh my God.

I really thought they were goners. San Jose dominated for a while, and the constant ridiculous diving...it had a definite deja vu feel to it. But then that comeback...if they can come back under those conditions in this game...well...I won't say it.

Thank you Howard for consistently being the best player on the ice for either team. Please don't stop. Thank you Kronwall and Stuart for excellent defense, hitting and smart plays. Thank you Cleary for stepping up when Franzen went out, Datsyuk, a god among men as always, and Playoff-Level Zetterberg, you too are immortal and unstoppable.

Sweet Jesus my heart is still going! haha.

Ahhhh.

I was thinking earlier that SJ had to win tonight, or they were in deep trouble and it was going 7. I'll bet right now Detroit wins it in 7. The silence in the Tank will be epic.

Welcome back to Mr. Holier-than-thou.

Talk hockey or STFU.

Welcome back to the wagon BTW.

Hows this for talking hockey....

The Wings really played hard at the end. Seemed that the Sharks, whom deserved the game after two strong periods of play, forgot there was a 3rd period after they scored that goal to make it 3-1. Howard was stellar once again. I really hope this keeps his detractors off his back. The team is showing a lot of resilience. Game 6 Tuesday in Detroit.

I'd prefer a 2 goal win in game 6 and the blow out win in game 7 for the Wings to close it out, preferably with the team ovechtrick and Howie making a conn smythe pitch in the net. :)

I don't want to jinx anything, but I've had this feeling too, that the Wings are looking more like the Wings teams of the past who would step up for huge games and then just hammer their opponent. San Jose is playing really well, too, but I don't know...I just have this feeling that the Wings might be starting to get into San Jose's head a bit.

OH MY GOD!!! I think I hurt myself laughing! Over on the Sharks board they were talking abour "refs handing Wings" game.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHahahhahahahAHAHHAHAHehhehehehehhehhohohooHHHOOHHHOHHOOHHH!HH!H!H!HH!HAHAAHAAH~

Did we even get a powerplay in the 3rd?

The 3rd period was a fun period to watch! :cool:

But we need to play MUCH MUCH better if we want to win this series. We need to play 60 minutes. Lets face it, the Sharks out played us tonight, but our talent came through when we needed it most.

Quit with the calling out of "band wagon" fans.

People had every right to be furious with the wings for most of the game. I was certain we weren't going to win but I've never been happy to be wrong.Guess I'm a bandwagon fan?

Furious? Hell, I was furious. Furious does not equal bandwagon fan.

Counting their team out and saying that the team is worthless? Thats bandwagon fan talk.

OH MY GOD!!! I think I hurt myself laughing! Over on the Sharks board they were talking abour "refs handing Wings" game.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHahahhahahahAHAHHAHAHehhehehehehhehhohohooHHHOOHHHOHHOOHHH!HH!H!H!HH!HAHAAHAAH~

Yeah, clearly 5-2 in favor of the Sharks (or whatever it was) was handing the Wings the game. Ridiculous. That Thornton dive was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen an adult do.

Man, the excitement and pressure is building. I nearly died this game, Game 6 is going to be a freaking nightmare on my nerves.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I've had this feeling too, that the Wings are looking more like the Wings teams of the past who would step up for huge games and then just hammer their opponent. San Jose is playing really well, too, but I don't know...I just have this feeling that the Wings might be starting to get into San Jose's head a bit.

I think they're more than a little bit in their heads. I just hope Pavs can play Tuesday.

Some jackhole on NHL network was calling the Kronwall hit the flying Bryan McCabe illegal hit. The blond twit sitting on the right.

Edited by TheXym

Yeah, clearly 5-2 in favor of the Sharks (or whatever it was) was handing the Wings the game. Ridiculous. That Thornton dive was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen an adult do.

Man, the excitement and pressure is building. I nearly died this game, Game 6 is going to be a freaking nightmare on my nerves.

YEah, and their captain no doubt, takes a diving penalty. That's just great.

Way to go Thornton. You'll never win anything in your career. You're a loser, just like Tkachuk was. Even if we don't do it, Vancouver will smack your ass in the mouth.

The thing that makes me happiest about this is that the Wings have made their mark. At 3-0, it looked to be a disaster of epic proportions and everyone was talking about how the Sharks were just so much better than the Wings. But the Wings are slowly returning to form (especially Zetterberg, Helm, etc.) and that talk has to subside now, at least a little.

Gotta be honest guys, I turned it off after the sharks went up 2-0

Then I got a text when the game ended and stared at my phone with my mouth open for like two minutes.

:lol:

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO