• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

Hey, you're not the only one livin' in the past. Whenever I see Andre Deveaux, I immediately think of Boyd Devereaux. The glory years are still fresh in our minds :P

For the first couple seasons of Paul Stastny's career, for a split second I would think "Peter Stastny is on the Avs? When did that happen?"

For the first couple seasons of Paul Stastny's career, for a split second I would think "Peter Stastny is on the Avs? When did that happen?"

Time really does fly. Before we know it, Datsyuk will retire and some young kid will break in with the #13 and we'll be like "Dats has really looked good in goal...wait!"

Ethan Moreau to Los Angeles on a one year deal.

Logan Couture signs 2 year extension with San Jose.

There's still plenty of guys out there looking for a spot on someone's roster:

Bryan McCabe

Cory Stillman

J.P. Dumont

Sergei Samsonov

Chris Campoli

Anton Strahlman

Fernando Pisani

John Madden

Steve Staios

Brad Winchester

Brian Sutherby

Pascal Leclaire

Mike Grier

Jason Strudwick

Ryan Carter

Kyle Wellwood

Nick Boynton

Logan Couture signs 2 year extension with San Jose.

There's still plenty of guys out there looking for a spot on someone's roster:

Bryan McCabe

Cory Stillman

J.P. Dumont

Sergei Samsonov

Chris Campoli

Anton Strahlman

Fernando Pisani

John Madden

Steve Staios

Brad Winchester

Brian Sutherby

Pascal Leclaire

Mike Grier

Jason Strudwick

Ryan Carter

Kyle Wellwood

Nick Boynton

I wonder how many of these players pulled a "Lilja", and priced themselves out of a job? A lot of serviceable players on that list. I'm sure some will be picked up during training camp, others once the season starts and injuries start to add up...And some, will retire quietly.

Yeah I'm surprised that some of those guys are still available.

Has there been any word on Modano yet? He's been really quiet all summer. Did he retire when I wasn't looking? What is he waiting for?

What is he waiting for?

Good question. I remember Kenny said Modano spent all summer trying to make a decision and wasn't really training. No doubt one of the reasons he didn't have a successful year aside from the skate to the wrist (?).

Rumor says Ryan Johnson has accepted a tryout offer from our Detroit Red Wings :)

Out of all those UFA's we offer a try out to Ryan Johnson?

K.

Rumor says Ryan Johnson has accepted a tryout offer from our Detroit Red Wings :)

If we wanted a gritty, yet not tough in the least, 4th line center I would've rather Drapes stick around. But if it gets Hudler out, heck why not :hehe:

If we wanted a gritty, yet not tough in the least, 4th line center I would've rather Drapes stick around. But if it gets Hudler out, heck why not :hehe:

Might as well go for Brian Sutherby. Only 4 minor penalties in 51 games (and 10 majors). Puts up similar numbers to Johnson as well.

Might as well go for Brian Sutherby. Only 4 minor penalties in 51 games (and 10 majors). Puts up similar numbers to Johnson as well.

I have to think he'll get a camp invite from someone.

*Shane Hnidy to work with Jets broadcast team

*Brandon Segal signs one year deal with Chicago

*David Koci will attend the Winnipeg Jets training camp. Maybe to fill the enforcer role left by Rypien?:(

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Steve Begin will attend Vancouver Canucks training camp on a tryout. If Begin doesn't make the team, I think he'll retire. There are whispers that Manny Legace has accepted a tryout offer from the Canucks too :o

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros