• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

26 pages and I see there is still talk of trading Filppula for Semin? If we need to improve defense, trading one of our best defensive forwards isn't the answer.

If the Wings can get away with trading one of Flip or Hudler for Semin, and not give up any top prospects or first round picks, then that's something to be considered. The Wings have several forwards who are as good or better defensively than Flip, and he is not among the team's best PKers. Flip for Semin as the only roster players doesn't harm Detroit's PK, but improves the PP. Maybe the lines could work out like this:

Semin/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Mursak/Abdelkader/Holmstrom

If it's Hudler instead of Filppula, maybe it works out like this:

Semin/Datsyuk/Cleary

Franzen/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Abdelkader/Filppula/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Semin/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Semin/Datsyuk/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

That second lineup is a lot more appealing. Dealing Flip leaves the Wings pretty thin at center. Abdelkader centering Holmstrom? Yuck.

Flames re-sign Brendan Morrison.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/flames_re-sign_brendan_morrison/

And i´d like to have Semin! Both line-ups look pretty well.

View Posteva unit zero, on 14 July 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

Semin/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Semin/Datsyuk/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Guest Crymson

As much as I dislike Semin's work ethic, I'd be willing to have him if he's not a locker room cancer and if he comes at a very reasonable price. Given the trend of contracts right now, I think it's virtually guaranteed that teams in the coming offseason may be willing to offer him obscenely high contracts that the Wings might be unwilling to match. As such, I believe it would make little sense to give up much in the way of draft picks or prospects for him.

That said, I don't see any reason why Washington would unload him. With Alzner having re-signed with the team recently, they've got their entire lineup signed (13 forwards, eight defensemen, two goalies) and they're barely over the cap. They could easily make a deal that would put them under the cap with spare space for call-ups that wouldn't cost them one of their best offensive forwards.

Edited by Crymson

I wouldn't be that interested in trading Flip for Semin.. Hudler? Sure... but I can't see the Caps wanting that, not when their roster is probably the best it will be for a while next season (doubt they'll be able to convince Vokoun to stick around for that cheap again).. With Hudler, they would be downgrading for no reason, even if they get a pick or another role player in the deal.

With trading Flip, you could sign Zherdev for 1 yr (probably 2 mil) and get a similar, though less potent, product without losing a good 2-way center. You'd still have to unload a player, but I'm sure one of the many teams below the cap minimum would take Hudler for a bag of pucks. So to me, it makes less sense from our end.

However, one quick thing about Semin and the supposed laziness factor... IMO, his true character remains to be seen... He plays for the guy voted as the easiest coach to play for by NHL players, and he hangs around with a bunch of guys in their early 20s who probably don't shy away from late night parties. It would be a very different environment for him in Detroit, one without as many distractions, one where he is around stars with winning know-how and a strong work ethic, and that should inspire a modicum of maturity. It's different than a Robert Lang who had essentially peaked as a player, Semin is still young and can still grow/change.

Guest Crymson

I wouldn't be that interested in trading Flip for Semin.. Hudler? Sure... but I can't see the Caps wanting that, not when their roster is probably the best it will be for a while next season (doubt they'll be able to convince Vokoun to stick around for that cheap again).. With Hudler, they would be downgrading for no reason, even if they get a pick or another role player in the deal.

With trading Flip, you could sign Zherdev for 1 yr (probably 2 mil) and get a similar, though less potent, product without losing a good 2-way center. You'd still have to unload a player, but I'm sure one of the many teams below the cap minimum would take Hudler for a bag of pucks. So to me, it makes less sense from our end.

Holland had the chance to claim Zherdev off waivers last season. No dice. Nor did anyone else want him. I've got to think that that means very bad things about hmi.

Eric Boulton signs 2 year deal with New Jersey. Teams in the Atlantic continue to beef up.

Ryan Reaves re-signs with St. Louis. He could possibly fill Cam Janssen's role for the Blues.

Michael Haley, Ty Wishart, and Dylan Reese all re-sign with Islanders on two-way deals.

Ben Maxwell re-signs with Winnipeg, giving them additional depth up front.

Eric Boulton signs 2 year deal with New Jersey. Teams in the Atlantic continue to beef up.

Ryan Reaves re-signs with St. Louis. He could possibly fill Cam Janssen's role for the Blues.

Michael Haley, Ty Wishart, and Dylan Reese all re-sign with Islanders on two-way deals.

Ben Maxwell re-signs with Winnipeg, giving them additional depth up front.

Cogliano signs with.Ducks, three yrs at $2.1, $2.3 & $2.6M....and we have Hudler at $2.8. Thank God its his last year!

Cogliano signs with.Ducks, three yrs at $2.1, $2.3 & $2.6M....and we have Hudler at $2.8. Thank God its his last year!

I know you have to find a way to sneak Hudler into every post, but you do realize Hudler got 2.8 million coming off a year where he scored 57 points? Cogliano's career high is 45 and Hudler still had more points than Cogliano last season in by all accounts a very poor season offensively for Hudler. In fact, Cogliano's best season was his rookie year so he's actually regressed in his four years in the league.

You have to consider the timing of the contracts. I suppose it is easier to just say 'trade Hudler' though instead.

I know you have to find a way to sneak Hudler into every post, but you do realize Hudler got 2.8 million coming off a year where he scored 57 points? Cogliano's career high is 45 and Hudler still had more points than Cogliano last season in by all accounts a very poor season offensively for Hudler. In fact, Cogliano's best season was his rookie year so he's actually regressed in his four years in the league.

You have to consider the timing of the contracts. I suppose it is easier to just say 'trade Hudler' though instead.

Yes....Yes it is... (and there aint no sneaking Hudler in, until he is no longer a Red Wing, I will continue to chant the words "TRADE HUDLER")

What will happen to Nashville’s Big 3: Weber, Suter, Rinne?

apparently Weber's agent has said this

"We've had long talks; we seem to be coming to a bit of a stalemate. We still have time to work before the system kicks in," Weber's agent, Jarrett Bousquet said. "Shea would like to be a Predator. He enjoys playing there with a team that's on the cusp of doing something great."

What will happen to Nashville’s Big 3: Weber, Suter, Rinne?

apparently Weber's agent has said this

"We've had long talks; we seem to be coming to a bit of a stalemate. We still have time to work before the system kicks in," Weber's agent, Jarrett Bousquet said. "Shea would like to be a Predator. He enjoys playing there with a team that's on the cusp of doing something great."

paulwhitehouse5_396x222.jpg

esteef

Edited by esteef

Brandon Dubinsky re-signs with the Rangers for 4 years. A little over $4 mil/year. Not sure how much cap space they have to work with, but i'm thinking Ryan Callahan re-signs and they buy out Wojtek Wolski ($3.8 mil cap hit).

Gaborik-Richards-Anisimov

Dubinsky-Callahan-Stepan

Avery-Christensen-Fedotenko

Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Zuccarello

Staal-Girardi

McDonagh-Del Zotto(?)

Sauer-Eminger(?)

UFA

If Steve Eminger will be back next year, it will be at a paycut. Tim Erixon could possibly find a spot on the 3rd pairing. I'm thinking Sather will go after a cheap veteran defenseman to fill in when injuries occur. I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of Jason Strudwick. Shane Hnidy and Nick Boynton are still available, as well.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny has so much cap space, he could deal for Semin and still keep Hudler...Likely will not happen. Who could be available at the trade deadline?

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,171,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $128,789

Guest Crymson

Kenny has so much cap space, he could deal for Semin and still keep Hudler...Likely will not happen. Who could be available at the trade deadline?

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,171,211; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $128,789

Do you want him to trade picks and prospects for one year of Semin?

Guest Hatethedrake!

Do you want him to trade picks and prospects for one year of Semin?

It would depend on the picks and prospects of course. The Wings are deep in forward prospects. I don't like the idea of giving up a 1st. I'd give up a 2nd. McPhee likely keeps Semin and loses him as a UFA next summer. I'm just trying to figure out how Kenny can use up that cap space. He'll likely keep it until the deadline and even then he may not use it. Kenny will not mortgage the future for Semin. However, I do think he would make a deal if it made sense. Holland and McPhee do have a trade history with the Lang deal.

I know everyone keeps saying why trade propects and picks for Semin as a rental. Only thing being he really isn't a rental. If a deal would happen and he played up to par I would be pretty confident in Semin re-signing with the Wings. Yes, It is a risk that maybe he wont resign but if he does it will be at a lot cheaper rate then in free agency.

The other thing I don't understand is a lot of fans here are saying they don't want Semin because he is a free agent next season but a couple weeks ago there were a lot of people complaining we didn't make a better deal then SJ did for Brent Burns. Who is in the same spot as Semin, a rental with a possibility of re-sigining here.

I'm all for Semin in the right deal (I won't get into what I would trade and such because at the end of the day only Holland can call George McPhee and ask what he is looking for in a return) I think he will give us the Extra bunch on our offensive line and if we still could have a couple million depending who we trade (assuming Hudler, or Filppula would be traded)

crash