• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Holland Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Thanks for posting that article. I don't think people realize that's what the market is for players like Ericsson. I think it's to high, but that's just how it is. Ericsson with his career 45 post seasons games would have got more money, and a longer term if he hit the open market. If Holland would have waited until today at noon to try and sign a UFA defenceman, he would have had to pay a lot more and for a longer term for someone with similar skills as Ericsson.

Holland made the right move, and people will realize it in a few weeks.

I think you misunderstood me, cause thats exactly what I was saying. Jimmy has been, in my opinion, pretty damn stellar and signs for price way less than market value. Yet then Holland goes and signs a guy who's been nothing but lackluster for a million more? Pretty insulting if you ask me.

That's just how the market is right now.

(My apologies to Barrie- you have had several posts today that I would have given a + if I had more to give.)

It's cool, I got your back, +1 for you.

And yes, the poor crop of this year's free agents raised Ericsson's value, and we'll see it starting today. These loooong term deals has over inflated the FA market, and it may get worse every year.

More importantly, as was already pointed out, this move by Holland sets a horrible precedent and hurts team morale and on top of that, is going to drive up the prices our other players start asking by millions. (I mean, s***, imagine what Kronwall is going to ask for now, seeing someone like E get such an insane contract)

Think about it. All the other guys now have to play knowing that a s*** player like E is making over 3 mil while most of them signed contracts for less than they are worth. Imagine how Jimmy must feel. Jimmy is a true Red Wing. He came off a Caulder caliber year and signed a 2 mil contract knowing damn well he could have gotten a ton more playing elsewhere. Whereas E asks for the moon and sky, after doing nothing but declining play-wise, or at the very best, remaining stagnent, over the past couple seasons.

And he is going to make more than Kronwall this season? Thats completely and utterly retarded. I know Nick gets a raise next year, but still...

This signing does a whole lot more than damage up monetarily. It really f***s up the other players heads knowing most of them are signed to contracts for less than they are worth, while s***ty ass E is making over a million more than he is worth each year.

Edit: and now I see Eaves signed to just 1.2 mil!!! So E is worth 3.25, and Eaves is worth 1.2? Is this bizarro world?

(or does this speak more to the fact that the other guys on the team are true Wings and team players, while E is just a money hungry dickhead who doesn't care about anything else?)

Edited by sleepwalker

More importantly, as was already pointed out, this move by Holland sets a horrible precedent and hurts team morale and on top of that, is going to drive up the prices our other players start asking by millions. (I mean, s***, imagine what Kronwall is going to ask for now, seeing someone like E get such an insane contract)

Think about it. All the other guys now have to play knowing that a s*** player like E is making over 3 mil while most of them signed contracts for less than they are worth. Imagine how Jimmy must feel. Jimmy is a true Red Wing. He came off a Caulder caliber year and signed a 2 mil contract knowing damn well he could have gotten a ton more playing elsewhere. Whereas E asks for the moon and sky, after doing nothing but declining play-wise, or at the very best, remaining stagnent, over the past couple seasons.

And he is going to make more than Kronwall this season? Thats completely and utterly retarded. I know Nick gets a raise next year, but still...

This signing does a whole lot more than damage up monetarily. It really f***s up the other players heads knowing most of them are signed to contracts for less than they are worth, while s***ty ass E is making over a million more than he is worth each year.

Edit: and now I see Eaves signed to just 1.2 mil!!! So E is worth 3.25, and Eaves is worth 1.2? Is this bizarro world?

(or does this speak more to the fact that the other guys on the team are true Wings and team players, while E is just a money hungry dickhead who doesn't care about anything else?)

The players will be fine, they understand the market and probably congratulate each other in the locker room. They know, and their agents will tell them, when it's their turn to be a UFA, they can cash in too.

FYI, Kronwall is going to make $3,750,000 in 2011-12, so Ericsson is making less.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=300

This deal with Ericsson, guarantees Kronwall another $2-3 million per season in his next contract, Kronwall probably likes it.

im not happy with holland at the moment. eaves was good signing ericsson a little much and miller is meh

i was hoping he would be looking for someone a bit gritter then miller

thought he would have got either ernoff or wiz. got neither

looks like karberle is coming to the wings and salei is re signing. :thumbdown:

edit: what are the chances holland is going after a long term deal with doughty? with lids career coming to an end the wings need a top dman. doughty would be perfect.

Edited by brett

im not happy with holland at the moment. eaves was good signing ericsson a little much and miller is meh

i was hoping he would be looking for someone a bit gritter then miller

thought he would have got either ernoff or wiz. got neither

looks like karberle is coming to the wings and salei is re signing. :thumbdown:

edit: what are the chances holland is going after a long term deal with doughty? with lids career coming to an end the wings need a top dman. doughty would be perfect.

Ehrhoff and Wisniewski got monster contracts.

I think that the moves Kenny hasn't made speaks volumes. Lots of teams scrambling, adding bulls*** pieces that won't necessarily help their cause. At this point Kenny looks cerebral. He now has $13mil to spend on 3 or 4 players. More if this Hudler deal comes through somehow. That's not an accident.

Big moves are coming, they just haven't come yet.

Guest Heaten   
Guest Heaten

Bump :ph34r:

July 1st Kenny Holland was the worse GM in the world.

July 2nd Kenny Holland was brilliant and methodical.

Funny how that works.

So far Wings got bigger, faster and younger... and still have over $7 million ($10 million if they move Hudler) left over to spend.