• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleDangleBeach

Chicago's Getting Meaner

Rate this topic

None of this affects us, they will act big and bad. They will get penalties, we will not respond and most likely we will win the same amount of games if not more. Let them continue to spend money on guys that will help them beat teams like San Jose, but not help them beat us.

Well considering Mayers was on the team that has beat the wings out 2 years in a row now, Carcillo and O'Donnel have been to the cup finals more recently than any redwings and Montador is a very solid player who is tough and can put up 30 points from the backend.

I mean sure you might be one of those guys that has no clue and thinks physicality and meanness have no effect in the playoffs, but I'm not.

Was Dallas Drake a washed up has been? Yup, but look what he did come playoff time.

In a 7 game series Mayers had 13 shifts, 7 mins of ice time and was a -1, not really an impact player.

In a 7 game series Mayers had 13 shifts, 7 mins of ice time and was a -1, not really an impact player.

Never said he had a huge role but hatethedrake is calling these guys washed up talent that doesnt have a spot in the nhl basically. All I said was that these guys cant be that useless if theyre finding spots on teams that have been beating the wings.

And signing useless talent like that worke out pretty well for the wings when they signed Drake.

None of Chicago's signings has anything to do with the Red Wings. Hawks-Wings games for the last few years have been straight up hockey for the most part. Skating, passing, checking and shooting. The Hawks signed the players they signed to keep some OTHER teams from running their skilled players. Some teams got the idea that they couldn't skate with the Hawks so they would try and pummel them. Bieksa in Vancouver and Jackman in St Louis come to mind. They don't have to dress all the players they just signed on any one night but two or three of them should make keep of the "tough" guys like Bieksa and Jackman from misbehaving.

I really don't like that kind of hockey but maybe just one game this year in St Louis I'd like to see a line of LW Carcillo, C Meyers and RW Scott take a few shifts and even up with the Blues for some of the crap they have started over the last few years. Then against you guys go back to playing hockey.

Edited by hudson

Quit Yer Bitchin!!!!

Back on topic, the Wings will skate circles around Chicago's 3rd and 4th lines at this rate. Good going Rocky!

There is definitely a list. You asked me where the list is and I told you. Of course it isn't in this thread. I made it a few days ago. You implied that physicality did not matter in today's NHL, which is far from true. If physicality had no place in today's NHL, how would guys like John Scott and George Parros have contracts? Of course Hatcher couldn't play after the lockout, he was built for the pre-lockout NHL. The 2010 Championship team has nothing to do with this thread. Again, this thread is about the Hawks acquiring physical players, not championship teams of the past. They're meaner because Brouwer and Campbell are gone, and Carcillo, O'Donnell, Mayers, and Montador are in. They will be more physical, not saying they will be a better overall team. I'm not popping my balloon. I'm just fine. Thanks for checking :)

Haha. You seem to like putting words in my mouth. I never said that physicality doesn't matter in today's NHL. I said guys like Carcillo, O'Donnell and Mayers don't. The guys you always put on your lists can't seem to crack NHL rosters. If any of them played last year, why are they not signed yet? And maybe some of them will be. But even then, will they make any kind of impact? Likely not. I would be more worried about the Hawks if they got Andrew Ladd back. A real player who can impact a game with his offense and toughness. A guy who elevates his game in the playoffs. Even John Madden would be a better impact than Carcillo, Mayers and O'Donnell. O'Donnell used to be a valuable guy on a 3rd pair. But how old is he? 38? 39? The game is fast and he can't keep up anymore. Signing guys who barely play does not make a team tougher. It makes them weaker because they cannot match up depth wise with other teams. I will take Helm, Eaves, Abdelkader and Miller over your TOUGH Hawks players any day. The Hawks will not be more physical than last year. Brouwer played in their top 6 and Campbell was a top 4 dman. He logged a ton of minutes in even strength, short handed and power play. Montador is not going to replace that. He is a 3rd pair dman. Carcillo is not going to replace Brouwer. Mayers is not going to replace kopecky. Wow I can't believe I gave Kopecky a compliment. That is how useless Mayers is. What will he do? Scare teams with his stupid eyebrows? O'Donnell has a Cup ring but he should be retired. Good for him to find a team still willing to give him a paycheck. They still have Jake Scott. Heck of a player he is. How many minutes did he play last year? Not much. But hey he's tough! :lol:

Well Konopka signed with Ottawa earlier. He was on the list. Nichol signed with St. Louis earlier. He was on the list. But hey, they must be washed up has beens that won't crack the lineup, right? I never said Ladd or Madden were less valuable than Mayers and Carcillo. I think O'Donnell was a good signing for them on an otherwise young blueline. Nothing wrong with bringing a veteran in. Never said Mayers was an essential part to their roster. Again, I will ask you: If NHL teams found guys like John Scott to be a waste, would they keep him around? Would they? Obviously he serves some purpose if they are keeping him around, correct? Now, before you claim I believe John Scott is the next Gretzky, I realize he's not gonna score 50 goals, but he serves a purpose on the team.

What chips? Their farm rosters have been rushed to the NHL level, most of them have underachieved, then they signed players that other GMs didn't want. On top of that Chicago is starting to get a reputation of being a team that has buyers remorse, a couple more waiving or trading players they regret signing for more than they are worth they will become a team no one wants to play for. I don't see Chicago being a huge player at the deadline unless its trading Sharp.

Same here. I know how many people think the Hawks (Mostly Hawks fans) think they a great farm system but in reality they don't. They got lucky with Kane, Sharp etc.

Same here. I know how many people think the Hawks (Mostly Hawks fans) think they a great farm system but in reality they don't. They got lucky with Kane, Sharp etc.

Well I don't know about great..but good anyway. To get the facts right....

Sharp was a trade as was Ladd and Versteeg.

From their farm system

Kane (draft pick but never played in the farm system)

Toews (draft pick but never played in the farm system)

Keith

Seabrook

Bolland

Bickel

Hjalmarsson

Leddy

Crawford

as was..

Brouwer

Niemi

Byfugelien

Fraser

Burrish

I am not arguing there farm system is good but I don't think it is great to be totally honest.

quote name='hudson' timestamp='1309962355' post='2196830']

Well I don't know about great..but good anyway. To get the facts right....

Sharp was a trade as was Ladd and Versteeg.

From their farm system

Kane (draft pick but never played in the farm system)

Toews (draft pick but never played in the farm system)

Keith

Seabrook

Bolland

Bickel

Hjalmarsson

Leddy

Crawford

as was..

Brouwer

Niemi

Byfugelien

Fraser

Burrish

Is that Jordan Tootoo?

It's sure one ugly baby but still too cute to be Tootoo.

But back to the topic... Sure let the Hawks skate around & try to be all :angry:

Just about everyone in the Wings locker room has had to deal with teams like that before & I seriously doubt it would have much of an impact.

Edited by ogreslayer