• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

EA's prediction for 2011-12

Rate this topic

Here is their track record (listed at the beginning of the EA prediction page):

* Chicago Blackhawks would be the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions as they took home the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1961

That Chicago deal was more of them going overboard with marketing. That year they also put Chicago as the cover team, they put a song in the game (which was awful) about Chicago being the best team, fans, and franchise of all time. It made me sick. I got so sick of hearing about how real hockey is played in Chicago...

Did they predict Hossa not getting the Misconduct and them winning against the Preds?

I wonder how Holland would do in the "Be a GM Mode"?

Considering I can win every single year... I bet he would do just fine.

So they are admitting the stats they use to base the game off of are flawed?

No. That user game play is flawed. Unfortunately, any user who plays a game long enough knows where the weaknesses are in a game that they can exploit. Sports video game makers try every year to corret these weaknesses (inhanced AI that learns your tendencies). If you know what you can exploit, having a speedy player is usually all you will need to execute.

Is this the same video game where Toronto and Buffalo have an offensive rating of 92, which is the highest in the whole game?

Also the same game where George Parros is not only ranked as the best fighter, but has the best balance of any player in the whole game :!:

Not joking here folks.

What has EA stated about George Parros having a fighter rating of 97?

Or about Cam Ward being one of the top 5 goalies in the game?

I like playing this game, but there wasn't much thought or effort put into player ratings. Too many attributes are the same across the board, and there's too much that doesn't make sense, like some of the above.

I have no idea. EA repsonded to Helm's situation because there were so many red wing fans (im assuming they were fans) complaining to them.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

EA responded about Helm's lack of speed rating and said that a player of his caliber (not quite the elite goal scorer) would be able to be exploited online by user players to be more of a weapon than he actually is. Speed is one of the more lethal skill attributes in the game so for someone who isn't know quite yet for goal scoring, he needed to be handicapped in the speed department to make the overall player more realistic.

Just reporting.

I agree with this 100% Any person who's played NHL a lot knows that if a player is really fast, then he's going to be really dangerous.

What has EA stated about George Parros having a fighter rating of 97?

Or about Cam Ward being one of the top 5 goalies in the game?

I like playing this game, but there wasn't much thought or effort put into player ratings. Too many attributes are the same across the board, and there's too much that doesn't make sense, like some of the above.

Lol. Don't compare fighting with speed. Fighting means next to nothing, where as speed arguably means the most.

NHL 12 is a general mess. It has big problems.

It's a solid game. People just complain because it's harder to play.

There are way to many teams this season that are far better and have much more ability to win the Cup before Pittsburgh does it again. EA Sports is just drinking the Kool-Aide of Bettman and his undying love for his bastard son Crosby. Ovechkin gets a Cup before Cry Baby gets it again.

Not to mention when a game claims itself to be the most realistic in the world and puts its money where its mouth is, that is impressive.

woh, woh, woh Konnan. it is the most realistic because it's the ONLY ONE TRYING TO BE REALISTIC. i don't think 2k cares about realism. their games are more silly fun than EA games.

my .02

sorry for the minor derail

Of course this is all fun and I'm sure you can pick apart any specific player rating for this or that. BUT does anyone else still not find it amazing that they are so accurate? If you check ESPN's or TSN's so called experts/commentators during the playoffs last year, they might have got 3/4 right and they'd be considered pretty damn good. EA outperforms any human commentator. Don't forget, many of those so called 'experts' get to pick at the beginning of the playoffs ie. knowing which 16 teams are in and after watching them play all season and knowing the latest injuries. I'm sure the geeks at EA plug in every conceivable factor into their computer simulation and run this umpteen times to get these avg or weighted results. I for one am impressed.

Here is their track record (listed at the beginning of the EA prediction page):

* Chicago Blackhawks would be the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions as they took home the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1961

* Vancouver Canucks would win the Presidents’ Trophy in the 2010-2011 NHL season

* Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins would meet in the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals

* 2011 NHL Playoffs would be a year of tight series, correctly selecting 13 of the 15 playoff series and those that it selected incorrectly both came down to Game 7s.

Ok. So they picked the Stanley Cup winner in 1 year. How did they do in all the other years? My guess is that they have been doing this 5-6 years and they were correct once? Same goes with the Presidents trophy and the SCF matchup. Only once. Not so impressive.

As far as predicting 13 of 15 playoff series, that's not as hard as it seems. In the first round there are 8 series and they are designed to be mismatches (i.e. #8 vs #1).

You are cherry picking what they got right. What is there overall record for all series and all years? My guess is that it's not so great.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.