• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#41 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I loathe and despise west coast starts. I hope we get moved to the Eastern Conference, because I don't like missing games. As it is, I don't know how much of this game I'll be able to watch - I've got stuff to do tomorrow that requires me to get more than 5 hours of sleep.

In any event, go Wings. Let's get back on the winning track.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#42 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

I want a win. But if the Wings don't feel up to that at least someone f*** up Joe Thornton. Diving prick :)

#NOMOREKINDL

#43 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Nothing abdelkader has done in the past two season suggest he should be prompted to the first line.

Okay? Did I state that?

Abby has done more than Fabian in the past two seasons. Fabain has played in the AHL (and NHL for the Wings) with teams affiliated with two non-playoffs teams. Abby has played in the playoffs and has been a constant NHler. Fabian has passed through waivers without being claimed, Abby has not been sent down and IMO he would be claimed if he were sent down.

Abby has proved he is a stable third line player through his play last year in the playoffs and his play this year. Fabian has not proven he can play in the NHL on any line (he is a solid fourth liner for the Wings though). Abby could become a Cleary type player for the Wings (playing any line) if his scoring improves when his lines-mates improve.

I have nothing against Fabian, but he needs to earn his time. This is a player that could not crack two non-playoff teams, and was not claimed on waivers. I am glad the Wings are giving him a chance- he just needs to earn his minutes.

#44 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

How did we get into a discussion about Brunnstrom? :lol:

Let's hope Abdelkader thrives with Datsyuk. Not terribly optimistic about having Franzen with him, but we'll see how it goes.

Posted Image

#45 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

Let's hope Abdelkader thrives with Datsyuk. Not terribly optimistic about having Franzen with him, but we'll see how it goes.

Maybe Babcock has a hunch. I'm not too optimistic either (I prefer(ed) having Flip and Cleary switch) but the first line can't get much worse than it was last game.

#46 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Right now, Babs should be willing to try anything short of taking the ice himself to get Pavs out of his funk. We can't be picky.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#47 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Okay? Did I state that?

Abby has done more than Fabian in the past two seasons. Fabain has played in the AHL (and NHL for the Wings) with teams affiliated with two non-playoffs teams. Abby has played in the playoffs and has been a constant NHler. Fabian has passed through waivers without being claimed, Abby has not been sent down and IMO he would be claimed if he were sent down.

Abby has proved he is a stable third line player through his play last year in the playoffs and his play this year. Fabian has not proven he can play in the NHL on any line (he is a solid fourth liner for the Wings though). Abby could become a Cleary type player for the Wings (playing any line) if his scoring improves when his lines-mates improve.

I have nothing against Fabian, but he needs to earn his time. This is a player that could not crack two non-playoff teams, and was not claimed on waivers. I am glad the Wings are giving him a chance- he just needs to earn his minutes.

I think Fabian is unproven. And I don't have much of an opinion on him, as he has played and looked ok in what 2 games?

my beef is with Abdelkader. I don't think Abby has proven he is a third line player. I believe he was our worst player during last year regular season, and during the playoffs he was horrific.

It also sounds like you think he could become a Cleary type player. Which implies he's not as good as Cleary right now. Well, if Cleary is not working out with Datysuk right now, why would someone who's not as good as Cleary work out? doesn't make sense to me.

in his defence Abdelkader has been better this year, and I hope he proves that he deserves a chance on that first line. I'd rather be wrong and have a winning team, than to sit here and say "told you so"

go wings. I wish the game would start already.

#48 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

I hate Joe Thorton. WIth that said, would like to see at least 3 goals tonight.

Let's Go Wings!!!!

West coast starts blow!!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#49 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Joe Thornton is a huge *****. With that said, LGW.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#50 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Joe Thornton is a huge *****. With that said, LGW.

Yeah! What he said!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#51 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Love the Thornton hate guys :thumbup: Good juju going into the game, time for someone to get KRONWALLED.. then beat up by Smith :yowza:

#NOMOREKINDL

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Love the Thornton hate guys :thumbup: Good juju going into the game, time for someone to get KRONWALLED.. then beat up by Smith :yowza:

Clowe.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

He may become my favorite Wing if that happens in his first NHL game :hockeysmile:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Edi, please make sure the red backlight is on. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

He may become my favorite Wing if that happens in his first NHL game :hockeysmile:

:thumbup:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#56 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

I loathe and despise west coast starts. I hope we get moved to the Eastern Conference, because I don't like missing games. As it is, I don't know how much of this game I'll be able to watch - I've got stuff to do tomorrow that requires me to get more than 5 hours of sleep.

In any event, go Wings. Let's get back on the winning track.

finally youve arrived. usually you are spot on when the GDT hits... :P

anyways i hope youll be able to watch most of it and hope you get lots of sleeps for whatever you have tomorrow :)

ill say 3-2 will be the final score.

pav, lids and cleary for red wings
thornton and pavelski for the sharks

#57 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Edi, please make sure the red backlight is on. :)

Way ahead of ya.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Way ahead of ya.

What's on tap tonight?

#59 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Nothing abdelkader has done in the past two season suggest he should be prompted to the first line.

I think he's looked excellent this season and he's developing as an offensive player. He sure as hell can't be worse than Cleary.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 17 November 2011 - 10:31 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#60 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Brendan Smith wears #2.