• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Bylsma Defends Crosby's Elbow on Foligno

Rate this topic

Doesn't matter, bottom line is Crysby gives the NHL even LESS respect than they get compared to the rest of the sports. The fact that they are trying to eliminate plays like this by suspension's and then to not suspend a player for doing it makes it obvious that he has special rules set for himself. The play itself, I really have no issue with because if you've ever played hockey, these things happen and I can imagine in the NHL it's on a more competitive and greater scale, BUT suspend the player NO MATTER WHO IT IS. If Patrick Kane does it, if Tomas Holmstrom does it, if Pavel Datsyuk does it, if Matt Cooke does it. And for Bylsma to actually defend the non suspension just goes to show how yellow he is. These special rules are what dummy's this league down. 2009, Malkin instigates a fight in game 2, MANDATORY suspension for game 3, but wait, Bettman cannot have that, he even said the the NHL cannot have their best players sitting out on the grand stage, so the instigator gets thrown out. Malkin goes on to factor in on all the goals pittsburgh scored in game 3, a game where if he were suspended, Detroit would've been up 3 games to none for sure.

It's these Bettman rules that drive me (and most of the hockey nation) crazy and it makes me hate the NHL more and more. The NHL IS much better without the likes of Cindy in it. You want to play hard and compete and play a little dirty? Fine, but don't *****, whine and dive all over the place when you get a Louisville to your mouth, but don't pretend to be a golden boy and nobody can touch you and then do stupid s*** like this and still complain about open ice hits and hits to the head. NHL, if you want to be seen as a safer league and have the best players playing, then you have to be consistent and just. I just cannot wait for the first guy to hit this guy that one last time. The NHL will be a better place.

Doesn't matter, bottom line is Crysby gives the NHL even LESS respect than they get compared to the rest of the sports. The fact that they are trying to eliminate plays like this by suspension's and then to not suspend a player for doing it makes it obvious that he has special rules set for himself.

That's total BS. Please cite one, only one will suffice, example of another player in the league that has done something similar and got suspended for it?

Guy Lafleur was also nicknamed "The Flower". I would hide behind him anytime. I think he was more of a man than Fleury. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Lafleur"

Touche. Although, if we try to make some sense of rationalization of this, The Flower implies that he's important. Like he's the only Flower that matters. So there's an intimidation factor there. Flowers just makes me think of a field of daisies.

Edited by VM1138

That's total BS. Please cite one, only one will suffice, example of another player in the league that has done something similar and got suspended for it?

There probably isn't any, but the first time he gets an elbow to the face, there will be. The point also was, he comes him and says how these type of plays need to be out of the game, then does it himself and thinks its ok. Then he gets defended by the league and coaches for doing it. I already said I don't have an issue with the play, but don't flip the coin when it happens to him, and that is what goes on in the NHL with him playing. Don't say it's illegal and then do it and say it was just playing hard. Well, maybe the times you got knock out, they were just playing hard too? Heat of the moment happens and players do things that the feel bad for later. Maybe if he would've said it was the wrong thing to do and he feels bad that he did it, and will work on not ever doing it again, then maybe he would've gained some respect. But he acted like it was no big deal that he elbow jacked him in the face, but let it happen to him, then we will see the sky falling...

There probably isn't any, but the first time he gets an elbow to the face, there will be. The point also was, he comes him and says how these type of plays need to be out of the game, then does it himself and thinks its ok. Then

Can you show me where he said these types of plays should be out of the game?

Can you show me where he said these types of plays should be out of the game?

“As professionals, the odd time maybe there’s accidental contact, but for the most part you can control what’s going on out there. If a guy’s gotta be responsible with his stick, you have to be responsible with the rest of your body. Whether it’s accidental or not accidental, you have to be responsible out there.” - Sidney Crosby

As professionals, the odd time maybe theres accidental contact, but for the most part you can control whats going on out there. If a guys gotta be responsible with his stick, you have to be responsible with the rest of your body. Whether its accidental or not accidental, you have to be responsible out there. - Sidney Crosby

Ummm....pretty sure he was referring to body checks to the head....not standing still in a scrum and getting your forearm up in someone's face. There's an absolutely huge difference there.

By your logic, if Crosby gets into a scrum and guys are punching him in the face, he can't punch them back because that would make him hypocritical since that would be considered a head shot. I know what he did wasn't a punch, but it wasn't really an elbow to the head either.

Edit: that said, there are a lot of people out there that think the league is contradicting themselves by taking a hard stance on headshots (i.e. bodychecks to the head) while still allowing fighting (guys punching each other in the head).

Edited by toby91_ca

Ummm....pretty sure he was referring to body checks to the head....not standing still in a scrum and getting your forearm up in someone's face. There's an absolutely huge difference there.

Not as big a difference as you're making it out to be.

It's not like it's the difference between a player taking a swing with his stick versus someone battling for the puck and accidentally clipping the opposing player. There's the issue of intent. In the former, there's intent; the latter, there's not.

Sid's elbow to the head of Foligno may not have been of the skating-by-with-a-blindside-hit variety, but the intent to hit Foligno in the head with his elbow was there. He's clearly stated that he wants hits targeting the head out of the game. Well, his elbow targeted Foligno's head.

Now, I'm not saying he should have been suspended for it or any nonsense like that. The penalty he received was warranted and that's the end of it. But it still makes him a hypocrite following the rule of "Do as I say, not as I do."