• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#81 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Teamu Seleanne is the only target that I think makes sense with the "we don't want to spend a lot" mindset.

If that costs us Sheahan, I would consider it.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#82 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Teamu Seleanne is the only target that I think makes sense with the "we don't want to spend a lot" mindset.

If that costs us Sheahan, I would consider it.

It has been made abundantly and repeatedly clear by the Ducks that Selanne is not available.

#83 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

It has been made abundantly and repeatedly clear by the Ducks that Selanne is not available.

We'll give them an offer they can't refuse. :siren:

#84 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

We'll give them an offer they can't refuse. :siren:

I think that compelling Bob Murray with threats of death to make this trade would probably not be well received by the league. I suspect that such a transaction would be nixed by the front office.

#85 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

It has been made clear again and again and again that he has control of his own destiny.

If he wants to stay a Duck, he stays. If he wants to leave, he leaves.

That simple.

Wait and see what happens. He did come back thinking he could win a cup. There is no chance that is happening this year if he stays with the Ducks.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#86 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Anthony Stewart is on waivers. I would rather pick him up for free then trade someone right now, but we still have a log jam at forward.

I would be really happy if we decided to move Emmerton and someone else off of our roster along with the expendable prospects for Morrow right now and plugged Stewart in as well. Worst case we put him on waivers later (perhaps when we trade picks for Selanne!

#87 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Anthony Stewart is on waivers. I would rather pick him up for free then trade someone right now, but we still have a log jam at forward.

I would be really happy if we decided to move Emmerton and someone else off of our roster along with the expendable prospects for Morrow right now and plugged Stewart in as well. Worst case we put him on waivers later (perhaps when we trade picks for Selanne!

Emmerton/Hudler/Andersson for Morrow...

Conklin/Picks for Nabokov...

Sign Parise and Suter in the off season...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#88 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Emmerton/Hudler/Andersson for Morrow...

Conklin/Picks for Nabokov...

You set yourself up for disappointment. Why would other teams take the Wings' scraps in return for valuable pieces?
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#89 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

You set yourself up for disappointment. Why would other teams take the Wings' scraps in return for valuable pieces?

I wouldn't consider Hudler a scrap right now, and Emmerton and Andersson aren't write offs either, so that trade IMO isn't such a bad offer. Nabs I don't see us getting though, probably too high a price for a team looking for a backup, I can see the hawks potentially making a run for him though. I hope Kenny tries to acquire Ruutu soon, a player like him I think would work great for a potentially long run this year.

#90 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

I would make multiple trades! I would trade away multiple posters here on lgw, that have no sense of reality!

Emmerton for Parise right? Got to be an E4 by now!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#91 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

How about we trade Franzen and a 3rd round pick for the Red Wings edition Dodge Ram.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#92 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't consider Hudler a scrap right now, and Emmerton and Andersson aren't write offs either, so that trade IMO isn't such a bad offer. Nabs I don't see us getting though, probably too high a price for a team looking for a backup, I can see the hawks potentially making a run for him though. I hope Kenny tries to acquire Ruutu soon, a player like him I think would work great for a potentially long run this year.

Emmerton is a fourth liner, tops, in the NHL. Andersson projects to be a bottom-six forward. Despite the fact that he's having a good year, Hudler is a free agent at the end of the season. If Dallas wants him, they can sign him for nothing in July. There's very little value there.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#93 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Emmerton is a fourth liner, tops, in the NHL. Andersson projects to be a bottom-six forward. Despite the fact that he's having a good year, Hudler is a free agent at the end of the season. If Dallas wants him, they can sign him for nothing in July. There's very little value there.

Morrow is a solid 3rd liner as well. Sure they can wait for Hudler in July, but at least they have exclusive bargaining rights up until then if they acquired him. And he has proven to be a top 6 forward, possibly top 3 on a different team. So Dallas would get a legit top 6 forward, two young bottom 6 players with tons of potential and they lose a bottom 6 maybe 2nd line forward. I am not down playing Morrow, because he will be sought after and could put a team over that edge, but he is not going to break our top 3 and maybe he'll take Hudler's spot on the 2nd line. So trade a top6 for a top 6 and 2 kids with tons of potential. Emmerton is a legit NHL'r.

Edited by LeftWinger, 06 February 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#94 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

So trade a top6 for a top 6 and 2 kids with tons of potential. Emmerton is a legit NHL'r.

:lol:

#95 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

I can't see KH trading away a roster player, other than Conklin or Kindl. I think with the amount of Cap room , 15m+, we will see picks, and prospects traded away. I cringe at trading Hudler, Flip, and Cleary. They have good playoff experience.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#96 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

:lol:

Did you laugh when someone said the same thing about Franzen, or Quincey, maybe even Howard. Not saying these guys will be elite players, just seems like you don't have much confidence from a player who hasn't yet proven himself a "top six" NHL'er if he's over the age of 24...Again maybe they won't be, most likely not (except even I said the same thing about Johan) but I sure as hell wouldn't consider them scarps just yet. Your being just as pre-mature as someone who believes there is still potential in these players. If I was doing that trade i'd probably ask for Mursak over Emmerton, probably just a bottom feeder too though... :lol:

#97 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Be more realistic homers. No one on the Wings roster is going anywhere. Look @ Hollands deals since the lock out. He gives up picks and prospects. In saying that I'd also argue that our #1 pick is also off limits. Look for Holland to move picks for players as always. Wings only needs are a back up for Howard, a Dallas Drake type of player, and keeping the defensive depth deep.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#98 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Be more realistic homers. No one on the Wings roster is going anywhere. Look @ Hollands deals since the lock out. He gives up picks and prospects. In saying that I'd also argue that our #1 pick is also off limits. Look for Holland to move picks for players as always. Wings only needs are a back up for Howard, a Dallas Drake type of player, and keeping the defensive depth deep.

Again, past is not prelude. The Wings were always up against the cap in previous years and could only send picks for trades. Now the Wings have virtually unlimited options, if they're willing to pay the cost. Holland won't be wasteful, but there are a couple expendable players on this roster (Emmerton, namely).
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#99 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

i could see emmerton and 4th going to colorado for quincey and 6th.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#100 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Again, past is not prelude. The Wings were always up against the cap in previous years and could only send picks for trades. Now the Wings have virtually unlimited options, if they're willing to pay the cost. Holland won't be wasteful, but there are a couple expendable players on this roster (Emmerton, namely).

Every team that will be in the playoffs has cap space to play with excluding the Canucks and Holland will never pay the cost for a rental. We're talking about cap era Kenny Holland here man.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain