• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Who Could be Dealt at the Deadline?

Rate this topic

Assuming Holland makes a minor move or two before the deadline, what "pieces" do you guys feel could be moved as part of the deal(s)? Off the top of my head, here are a few guys I could imagine being packaged to get a guy like Morrow or Moen:

Fabian Brunnstrom-1 point in 5 games this year with the Wings. 13 points in 18 games with Grand Rapids. Doubt Dallas will want another go-around with this guy, though.

Jiri Hudler-This one is tough for me, because he has been playing well lately. So I guess it depends on what Ken's plans are for him in the offseason. If he views Hudler's play as raising his trade value, then he could definitely be packaged. If Ken intends on keeping him, obviously he isn't going anywhere. Consistency, on a year-to-year basis has to be a concern for management with Hudler, though.

Patrick Eaves-Another tough call for me. It is unfortunate he has had an injury-riddled year, but can he regain his spot in the lineup when he gets back? Miller's been playing solid on the fourth line, so I think he's earned that spot on the 4th line.

Brad Stuart-If we know he is not going to return this summer, might as well get something for him. At the same token, I think he could be essential in this year's playoff run. Again, an other tough call for management.

Anyone think other guys could be on their way out before February 27th?

Assuming Holland makes a minor move or two before the deadline, what "pieces" do you guys feel could be moved as part of the deal(s)? Off the top of my head, here are a few guys I could imagine being packaged to get a guy like Morrow or Moen:

Fabian Brunnstrom-1 point in 5 games this year with the Wings. 13 points in 18 games with Grand Rapids. Doubt Dallas will want another go-around with this guy, though.

Jiri Hudler-This one is tough for me, because he has been playing well lately. So I guess it depends on what Ken's plans are for him in the offseason. If he views Hudler's play as raising his trade value, then he could definitely be packaged. If Ken intends on keeping him, obviously he isn't going anywhere. Consistency, on a year-to-year basis has to be a concern for management with Hudler, though.

Patrick Eaves-Another tough call for me. It is unfortunate he has had an injury-riddled year, but can he regain his spot in the lineup when he gets back? Miller's been playing solid on the fourth line, so I think he's earned that spot on the 4th line.

Brad Stuart-If we know he is not going to return this summer, might as well get something for him. At the same token, I think he could be essential in this year's playoff run. Again, an other tough call for management.

Anyone think other guys could be on their way out before February 27th?

not that I think these guys would be "on their way out" but here is a list of guys I think could be shopped around for the right deal:

Hudler

Cleary

Emmerton

Mursak

Filppula (I would hate this)

and Franzen....yes, Franzen but ONLY if it was to acquire that legit top line super sniper, if not, then I keep Franzen because his value to this team is nearly irreplaceable, but for the right deal...

I agree with your take on Stuart, but in all honesty, if he is for sure not coming back then I would ride him through the playoffs, then come to a sign and trade deal with a west coast team that absolutely wants him and does not want to get into a bidding war for him come July 1st. I just think he is too valuable to this team to deal him before the playoffs...

after that, you can pick a number of prospects that could go, but there are few I would hate to see go, Smith and Sheahan being two. I like what Nyquist brings and there are a few other small skilled forwards that excite me too! It would be a tough call, but to get Morrow here and maybe Moen as well, it's a call that would be worth taking....in my opinion.

I can't see Ken Holland making a huge trade either on or before the deadline. Rumour has it that Ryan Suter will test the market July 1st and my guess is that the Wings will push hard for him.

I don't think that the Wings have the assets that other teams are looking for that they would be willing to part with. The players that could be moved like Hudler,Cleary,or Kindl don't have a lot of value even when packaged with a pick. Do you think Morrow could be had for a scrub and a pick? I am not so sure.

I wonder what Ericsson would be worth as trade bait to a team like Edmonton that is looking for a big young d-man?

I can't see Ken Holland making a huge trade either on or before the deadline. Rumour has it that Ryan Suter will test the market July 1st and my guess is that the Wings will push hard for him.

I don't think that the Wings have the assets that other teams are looking for that they would be willing to part with. The players that could be moved like Hudler,Cleary,or Kindl don't have a lot of value even when packaged with a pick. Do you think Morrow could be had for a scrub and a pick? I am not so sure.

I wonder what Ericsson would be worth as trade bait to a team like Edmonton that is looking for a big young d-man?

were not getting Suter... They will trade him after the season if he doesn't resign.....

Guest irishock

I'd hate for this to happen also... But I think Filppula has the best chance not because he's not producing this year, but because he has the highest trade value for forwards on our team aside from Datsyuk. Holland might bank in on a legit maybe even top 3 forward by shipping out a package of Flip, Stuart, Hudler picks etc.

Stuart is the kinda guy teams seek out to shore up their D on a Cup run, not the kinda guy teams ship out on a Cup run because they are afraid he may be homesick and not return with said Cup after he takes it home for his day in the summer with it.

he's not going anywhere.

Franzen is PlayoffZilla. Not going anywhere.

Cleary will also sacrifice his life for the team during the playoffs, not going anywhere.

Hudler...maybe.

Guest Crymson

I think a lot of people here are in denial of the fact that any major deadline deal will include draft picks and prospects from the Wings` end. Sellers will not be interested in the likes of Hudler, Bertuzzi, etc, nor in our replaceable parts such as Emmerton and Brunnstrom.

No one mentioned Ericsson.

Probably because no one would take him for that contract.

In an ideal world, he'd be waived. That said, he does play better in the playoffs than in the regular season.

I'd hate for this to happen also... But I think Filppula has the best chance not because he's not producing this year, but because he has the highest trade value for forwards on our team aside from Datsyuk. Holland might bank in on a legit maybe even top 3 forward by shipping out a package of Flip, Stuart, Hudler picks etc.

Unless Holland gets an offer he simply can't rightfully refuse, I don't see him shipping out Filppula.

Edited by Crymson

It sounds like guys like Parise might be available for relatively cheap. I imagine there are other options out there in similar situations. Teams need to unload some salary or fix unstable locker room situations. I don't see Holland parting with anyone in the top two lines, or even the third line.

I see him giving up picks (our 1sts are worthless anyway) and guys like Brunnstrom (unlikely anyone wants him), Miller, Emmerton, or some prospects not named Smith, Nyquist, Jarnkrok or Tatar. That should net us a relatively cheap 2nd liner (Parise) or some grittier playoff presences like Morrow or Moen.

I doubt we'd trade even Hudler for anyone, because the return would be relatively limited. Think about it, would you rather have a slight upgrade, or a deeper team? I think going into the playoffs you want to be as deep as you can be. So in an imaginary world Hudler for Parise wouldn't be as beneficial as a bunch of picks for Moen or a few prospects and picks for Parise because we would be that much deeper. (Not a realistic example, it's just that...an example)

Edited by VM1138

I didn't mean straight up. We'd have to throw in other things as well.

Some options to throw around: Cleary, Tatar, Nyqvist, draft picks, one of Holland's Cup rings, Mursak, etc.

To Detroit:

Jarome Iginla

Tim Jackman

Mark Giordano

To Calgary:

Dan Cleary

Jonathan Ericsson

Tomas Tatar

Draft Pick

No one is going to take Franzen from us to long of a contract no chance

[

quote name=LeftWinger' timestamp='1327705384' post='2250319]

not that I think these guys would be "on their way out" but here is a list of guys I think could be shopped around for the right deal:

Hudler

Cleary

Emmerton

Mursak

Filppula (I would hate this)

and Franzen....yes, Franzen but ONLY if it was to acquire that legit top line super sniper, if not, then I keep Franzen because his value to this team is nearly irreplaceable, but for the right deal...

I agree with your take on Stuart, but in all honesty, if he is for sure not coming back then I would ride him through the playoffs, then come to a sign and trade deal with a west coast team that absolutely wants him and does not want to get into a bidding war for him come July 1st. I just think he is too valuable to this team to deal him before the playoffs...

after that, you can pick a number of prospects that could go, but there are few I would hate to see go, Smith and Sheahan being two. I like what Nyquist brings and there are a few other small skilled forwards that excite me too! It would be a tough call, but to get Morrow here and maybe Moen as well, it's a call that would be worth taking....in my opinion.

History shows that there are plenty of stupid GMs out there who will trade star players for not a whole lot. What did Hossa go for? A half decent player, a bit-part player, a prospect who isn't panning out and a bad 1st round pick. What did Roy go for? Thibault, Rucinsky and Kovalenko. Yashin for Chara and Spezza.

All hockey fans massively over-rate their own prospects, and tend to under-rate their own movable pieces (or massively over-rate them in a few cases). Wings fans hate on Ericsson for his bone-headedness, other GMs and fans see his size, see he comes from the Wings puck moving system and like the look of him. And we WILL need to move roster players, even bit part players, simply to make room on the roster for any new arrivals.

Franzen and/or Filpulla if part of a package for a legit top player.

Hudler, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves, Emmerton, Mursak are all replacable.

Stuart if part of a package, most probably with Anaheim

Ericcson, Kindl, Commodore are all replacable.

Any prospect not named Smith or Nyquist.

There's not the faintest chance that Calgary's GM would pull the trigger on this trade.

They wouldn't take it even if Giordano is taken off the list.

I'm sure he wasn't being serious with that trade offer, though.

History shows that there are plenty of stupid GMs out there who will trade star players for not a whole lot. What did Hossa go for? A half decent player, a bit-part player, a prospect who isn't panning out and a bad 1st round pick. What did Roy go for? Thibault, Rucinsky and Kovalenko. Yashin for Chara and Spezza.

All hockey fans massively over-rate their own prospects, and tend to under-rate their own movable pieces (or massively over-rate them in a few cases). Wings fans hate on Ericsson for his bone-headedness, other GMs and fans see his size, see he comes from the Wings puck moving system and like the look of him. And we WILL need to move roster players, even bit part players, simply to make room on the roster for any new arrivals.

Franzen and/or Filpulla if part of a package for a legit top player.

Hudler, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves, Emmerton, Mursak are all replacable.

Stuart if part of a package, most probably with Anaheim

Ericcson, Kindl, Commodore are all replacable.

Any prospect not named Smith or Nyquist.

It would be scary if that was actually true.

Hudler and Tatar for Iginla.

Ericsson and Kindl for Enstrom.

2012 2nd round pick for Nabokov.

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen

Filppula - Zetterberg - Iginla

Cleary - Helm - Eaves

Miller - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Enstrom

Stuart - Commodore

Smith

Howard