• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Hawks fan here. I don't know why the stupid "Detroit Sucks" thing gets under Wings' fans skin like it does. You guys crushed us for so many years it was like the only way Hawks fans could strike back because it sure as hell wasn't happening on the ice. Now it's just a harmless tradition. Every Hawks fan with a brain respects the hell out of the Wings for what they have accomplished.

It doesn't get under our skin. We find it humorous. Especially when they got that chant going at the Hawks Cup parade...when they didn't have to go through Detroit in the playoffs.

It doesn't get under our skin. We find it humorous. Especially when they got that chant going at the Hawks Cup parade...when they didn't have to go through Detroit in the playoffs.

It clearly does get under many Wings fans' skin as I see it mentioned constantly online. Not necessarily here, but on HF boards and youtube comments and in a million other places.

As far as not facing you the year we won the cup, that's kinda the Wings' problem for not being good enough to get to that point, no?

whatsup with kindl playing so much tonight? esp on the PP?

I've been thinking it and saying it for weeks now. They are going to move him and they're showcasing him - for what that's worth, the way he's playing. <_<

Am I the only one really sick of Micky crying over every single god damned penalty? Give it a rest dude. Sorry, but I loved the Ken/Panger combo, so much better than Micky Redmond. I'm really just sick of him at this point.

Also, is Lidstrom having a horrible game or what? :scared:

Meh, I've been listening to the guy since I was 5 years old...I'll love him no matter what :)

It clearly does get under many Wings fans' skin as I see it mentioned constantly online. Not necessarily here, but on HF boards and youtube comments and in a million other places.

As far as not facing you the year we won the cup, that's kinda the Wings' problem for not being good enough to get to that point, no?

Those are the worst places to give examples of.

Just remember, Hawks have one Cup in the last 49 years, Wings have four in the last 15

The point he was making is how bizarre it was that Chicago fans would chant that when they just won the friggin Cup.

It would've at least made some lick of sense had they played Detroit in the Conference finals or something. The fact that they didn't made it an even weirder thing to chant when your team just won the Cup.

The point he was making is how bizarre it was that Chicago fans would chant that when they just won the friggin Cup.

It would've at least made some lick of sense had they played Detroit in the Conference finals or something. The fact that they didn't made it an even weirder thing to chant when your team just won the Cup.

Again, it's a stupid tradition to chant Detroit Sucks. Like most traditions it doesn't make a whole lot of sense nor does it pretend to. It's just something a bunch of drunks yell to amuse themselves.

It it possible for Ericsson to turn the puck over right in front of our net anymore? Just wondering.

There are at least four of our players who've turned the puck over. Cleary, Miller, Lidstrom and Flip. I could probably name more. Enough, ahready.

Hawks fan here. I don't know why the stupid "Detroit Sucks" thing gets under Wings' fans skin like it does. You guys crushed us for so many years it was like the only way Hawks fans could strike back because it sure as hell wasn't happening on the ice. Now it's just a harmless stupid tradition. Every Hawks fan with a brain respects the hell out of the Wings for what they have accomplished.

This ol' South Sider fixed that for you. :)