• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

Rate this topic

Was Quincey being what more than one teammate and management type has told me about HIM recently: that he was always a me-first guy.

Jeez. Guess those in Colorado don't have the most pleasant impression of Quincey.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/dater_versus_quincey_versus_the_avs_versus_quincey_versus_dater/

I'm sort of backing through the thread and obviously there is talk of overpayment, since we gave a pick and a prospect. One thing I haven't seen anyone say (and may have simply missed) is that Sebastian Pische was immediately assigned to the ECHL.

I know people already stated that there was no way he would crack the Wings line-up, but this certainly reaffirms his actual value and will hopefully put people a little more at ease.

Piche is terrible. Nice kid though. Not a good professional hockey play, though. It was really just a first for a top four DMan who kills penalties and helps on the power play.

Jeez. Guess those in Colorado don't have the most pleasant impression of Quincey.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/dater_versus_quincey_versus_the_avs_versus_quincey_versus_dater/

#1...Quincey isn't and should have never been viewed as a top 2 defenseman. Speaks to how thin they are in Colorado.

#2...The Avs have a horrible GM that makes it seem as if he has no idea where the team should be headed. If I were an Avs player, I would have seriously thought about moving on after the Varlamov trade. If I hadn't already have after the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal.

#3...There was talk of lockerroom troubles last year when they traded Anderson and co. Maybe Quincey isn't stupid.

#4...Maybe Quincey is stupid. He'll be humbled or shipped out from here tho if that's the case, I believe.

#1...Quincey isn't and should have never been viewed as a top 2 defenseman. Speaks to how thin they are in Colorado.

#2...The Avs have a horrible GM that makes it seem as if he has no idea where the team should be headed. If I were an Avs player, I would have seriously thought about moving on after the Varlamov trade. If I hadn't already have after the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal.

#3...There was talk of lockerroom troubles last year when they traded Anderson and co. Maybe Quincey isn't stupid.

#4...Maybe Quincey is stupid. He'll be humbled or shipped out from here tho if that's the case, I believe.

Well yeah no doubt. Having Lidstrom in the locker room can be quite humbling for a young player. Even with all his Stanley Cups and Norris trophies he doesn't act like he's all about himself or that he's bigger than the team-Why should you?

Quincey with some harsh words for his former team:

“Everyone is ready to get shipped out any day,” Quincey said. “There’s a lot of guys, their bags are packed beside the door, and they wouldn’t be unhappy to go – trust me. I know I had a big smile on my face, and all the guys were jealous. I think there’s a bunch of guys that were pissed off they weren’t in a package deal.”

“There’s guys that have been talked about for two, three weeks – and I was, too, right?” Quincey said. “That’s all I’m saying. With guys getting talked about all the time, your mindset kind of changes. It’s tough there because they’re in a dogfight. When you get talked about every day, it kind of wears on you. You start thinking, ‘Where am I going?’”

http://www.rantsports.com/fiveholedive/2012/02/24/kyle-quincey-rips-avalanche-after-trade-to-detroit/

Quincey with some harsh words for his former team:

http://www.rantsport...ade-to-detroit/

You know, as much as it sounds harsh -- you can't not admit the stress of being involved with trade talks would be mentally wearing. He's got a point, they were talking about moving some guys, so it would be hard to focus on things when they're such a young group of guys. Should've used better words, but really you can't be all that pissed.

The more I read about his quote the more sense it makes. Colorado has had a lot of talent upcoming for years and they just seem lost in the wildnerness. No direction, players not being properly used. I see Quincey's point and I'm glad players are more frequently coming out against poor management these days.

And Dater is a ****** (aside from his book Blood Feud which was fair) who hates the Wings and bashes them every chance he gets.

Edited by VM1138

While I'm happy to have Quincey back on the Wings Roster I'm really not happy with giving up a 1st Round Draft Pick. Yes I know the Wings don't really need a Round One Draft Pick but I just HATE to see the Wings give up Draft Picks. With the way the rest of the NHL teams seem to building so well through the Draft I don't think it's wise to give up anything like that especially if we're Detroit who is going to be seeing the remaining players from all 4 Recent Cups be retiring soon. I know we have some great players now and some great ones coming up in the future but it'd be nice to have options espeically with the way we develop our players nice an slow maybe be able to throw a couple good round one drafted players in the line up in case of emergencies. Just my 2 Cents. I don't like giving up any Draft Picks.

I swear to God I was just talking about this last night at the bar with my friend.

He said Quincey was nothing special... trying to varify myself.

A part of a three team trade.... too bad I would rather have had Downie for that price. There has to be more to this deal... Quincey is not worth a first... I wonder if Kindl is on the move.

AVS traded kyle because he has very very bad breath.Trust me stay back 500 ft when speaking to him .Reporters always stand far away when interviewing him.Steve Downie was going to fight him after the comments he made when leaving Denver, but was told his breath is a killer so he stayed away from him.

Guest Hatethedrake!

AVS traded kyle because he has very very bad breath.Trust me stay back 500 ft when speaking to him .Reporters always stand far away when interviewing him.Steve Downie was going to fight him after the comments he made when leaving Denver, but was told his breath is a killer so he stayed away from him.

Did you try to make out with him?

What is his deal here in this interview? Hearing aid falling out or something?

Not sure if you're serious or not. He has an earpiece to hear what the interviewer is saying.

Thanks for posting the interview. It's the first time I saw it.