Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Kyle Quincey traded to Detroit in 3 team trade (TBL & COL)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#281 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

How does his style of play (defensive minded or more offensive minded) compare to Stuart? Or is he more like White? I have not really watched him play, so I was looking for some input on his type of play other than just his stats.

Here we go.Thank you Tampa.

#282 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

How does his style of play (defensive minded or more offensive minded) compare to Stuart? Or is he more like White? I have not really watched him play, so I was looking for some input on his type of play other than just his stats.

More offensive minded. Not as many big hits. Can and will fight.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#283 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

#284 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

I don't know why you quoted me and posted these....
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#285 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

I don't know why you quoted me and posted these....

it was not ment to be for you

#286 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

it was not ment to be for you

That makes your quoting of me even more confusing.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#287 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrBnngTJ10

:lol:

I love Stamkos but that hit was funny as hell.

#288 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

http://video.redwing...vent=DET1143419

#289 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Yeah I think I like Quincey on the right point instead of Ericsson. Ericsson likes to pass, Quincey at least has more of an instinct to shoot and has shown he can hit the net more often than Ericsson. Then again Ericsson doesn't really shoot that much.

Quincey says that he played with Ericsson in GR but I don't particularly remember them playing on the same pairing myself. Then again, the lineup in GR is always changing.

#290 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

I think I'm going to like him just fine. Do you guys feel he will sign a long term deal with us if the rest of this season/playoffs seems like a good fit? (perhaps this was covered already in this topic, but I have not read every page)

#291 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

I think I'm going to like him just fine. Do you guys feel he will sign a long term deal with us if the rest of this season/playoffs seems like a good fit? (perhaps this was covered already in this topic, but I have not read every page)

I like Quincey a lot, he's a big body, he can hit, he can play heavy minutes (25+ if need be) and obviously in all situations. I am positive he will re-sign at seasons end but if not, as he is an RFA we get compensation, likely at worst a 2nd round pick.

That is why I can't believe people are so upset about this trade. I'm willing to bet we traded a 1st for a guy who will be here as a 2nd pairing defenceman for a decade, sounds good to me.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#292 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

I like Quincey a lot, he's a big body, he can hit, he can play heavy minutes (25+ if need be) and obviously in all situations. I am positive he will re-sign at seasons end but if not, as he is an RFA we get compensation, likely at worst a 2nd round pick.

That is why I can't believe people are so upset about this trade. I'm willing to bet we traded a 1st for a guy who will be here as a 2nd pairing defenceman for a decade, sounds good to me.

I have a good feeling about Quincey too. Kenny said that he is not a rental. Safe to assume that he will be resigned.
Go Wings !

#293 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

I trust the Wings managment. Quincey has proven himself to be a good NHL defense men. You can never have to many of them. I was sad to see him go and I'm glad to have him back.

#294 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hopefully this will keep Hudler from playing the point on the PP from now on.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#295 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Here we go.Thank you Tampa.

What a hit that was. Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

#296 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'm thinking he'll want to stay in Detroit for quite some time (by far the best team he's played for)...Wouldn't surprise me if Quincey, and Holland work out a 4, or 5 year deal.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#297 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Probably because the Wings already drafted this guy originally, and then waived him 3 years ago. Now Holland gives up a first-rounder for something that he already had a relatively short time ago.

Discounting that history...it's much easier to accept.

As far as Piche, I am not upset about losing him at all...this guy really lit it up playing for Rimouski a few years ago, seemed like a great prospect....and then spent two seasons in Toledo after not cutting it in GR. Then showed this season that he couldn't make it in the AHL, yet again. Bye, Piche! :thumbup:

#298 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Heads up, he skated with Ericsson today at practice.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#299 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

I keep forgetting that Quincey is a RFA. That definitely makes the deal better.

#300 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

It's only one game but I wonder if Ericsson will be his dman partner for the rest of the year. Did he play on the left side for the majority of the time? I can't recall.