• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT : Capitals 5 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I know they don't really have any options and so I can't blame them for doing it, but I for one don't like the idea of Nyquist and Datsyuk together. To me, their styles are too similar and they don't really compliment one another. Like I said, I know they don't have a choice, but I'm not expecting this pairing to mesh well.

2 guys with speed, hands, good passing, and the ability to score goals? Based on your logical Filp and Zetterberg should be split up. Give the kid top 6 minutes until Franzen gets back - this way they can bump Hudler when the yellow streak down his back becomes ever prominent when things start to get rough in the playoffs.

Don't look now, but Chicago is only 4 points behind us. We could actually finish fourth. When is the last time that happened?

Looong time. Finished 5th in 1990 (Norris Division). Up to 3rd in 1991. No worse than 2nd since Central Division.

Edited by TxBlue

Don't look now, but Chicago is only 4 points behind us. We could actually finish fourth. When is the last time that happened?

If we're not going to win home ice, I would almost rather see the Wings finish 6th in the West. I think Detroit would have a better chance in a road series against Dallas/Phoenix/San Jose/ LA than Nashville. The main downside to that would be the travel.

So here's another game against a team fighting for a playoff spot. The Caps may be mediocre this year but I think they'll still be giving it their best shot seeing the position they're in. I think this should be a good match up between the two. Also, I'm excited about seeing Nyquist and Datsyuk together! I hope that line clicks well tonight!

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Nyquist)

Capitals 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

I've forgotten how decent the DC announcers are. Couple of homer comments, but they remind me of Ken and Mickey.

Edited by 26point2