• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#541 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm still waiting for Crosby to "dominate" this series.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#542 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm still waiting for Crosby to "dominate" this series.

esteef

Well he IS leading the series in the "shooting gloves away from their owners" category. So there's always that.

#543 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,152 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

James Neal to have rare double hearing with Shanny today.

Asham to follow with an in-person meeting.

Very busy day for Shanahan.

#544 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Good.

Though I doubt we'll see a suspension for Neal. Can't possibly have one the Pens' scorers out. <_<

#545 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

#pulledacrosby is currently trending on Twitter. :lol:

Not for nothing, but your next post will be your 25,000th. 25,000 posts. That's as many posts as some people make in salary per year. I feel that Matt should make some monument to your greatness or something, to honor this astounding achievement in saying so little, so many times.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#546 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Neal, Asham and Adams should all be suspended. But I guess we'll see. Technically didn't Crosby start the s***e with Hartnell with less than five to go that Adams jumped into? But we all know he won't be suspended. Get 'em Shanny!!

esteef

#547 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Does anyone feel confident in their (Shanahan and Bettman) ability to get these suspensions right?

#548 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Does anyone feel confident in their (Shanahan and Bettman) ability to get these suspensions right?

I don't.

And I really don't blame Shanahan. He has bosses too that he has to listen to over the fans.

#549 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

True....but I also don't believe Shanny is nothing more than a figure head either.

Funniest/most disturbing thing to emerge from yesterdays brawl-olopalooza was Crosbys unwaivering defense of his own Douchebaggery. That clown was the central figure in the first brawl....not only touching it off with his Paul Bunyan tactics on Bryz.....but then fanning the flames with his impersonation of a Canadian curler....brooming Voraceks glove away from him. He actually defended his actions by saying.......tell me if you've heard this before......"its playoff hockey" and this nugget of wisdom "what am I suppose to do, pick his glove up?" No Sid.....you don't have to pick it up.....but I'm guessing acting like a 3 year old knocking over another kids sandcastle wasn't the appropriate behavior either......how about leave it alone.....jackhole.

#550 jachred

jachred

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

True....but I also don't believe Shanny is nothing more than a figure head either.

Funniest/most disturbing thing to emerge from yesterdays brawl-olopalooza was Crosbys unwaivering defense of his own Douchebaggery. That clown was the central figure in the first brawl....not only touching it off with his Paul Bunyan tactics on Bryz.....but then fanning the flames with his impersonation of a Canadian curler....brooming Voraceks glove away from him. He actually defended his actions by saying.......tell me if you've heard this before......"its playoff hockey" and this nugget of wisdom "what am I suppose to do, pick his glove up?" No Sid.....you don't have to pick it up.....but I'm guessing acting like a 3 year old knocking over another kids sandcastle wasn't the appropriate behavior either......how about leave it alone.....jackhole.

The only thing that makes me mad about Crosby, is he acts like a kid. If he would've said.. we were down 3-1 and I was starting s*** to fire my team up.. well ATLEAST that is a purpose! but no, he's like yeah I screwed up, but your not going to get me to admit it! He starts "fights" and throws punches when the guy is down, and covered by the ref, but before when they were letting them fight, he wanted no part of it... Like Uh,Oh, I gotta fight now.. Just such a coward scumbag.. If your looking for a fighting captain, look at Iginla(sp) for inspiration, I <HATE> Iginla, but at least he has my respect. I hope after this year, the league will start investing in a new face..

#551 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I hope after this year, the league will start investing in a new face..

MALKIN!!!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#552 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

MALKIN!!!

Shrek? You may be on to something.....the kids will love him.

#553 FlyersFanTN

FlyersFanTN

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Best part about that video - fast forward to 3:10

Craig Berube - "Schenner! f*** him the f*** up!"

#554 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Not for nothing, but your next post will be your 25,000th. 25,000 posts. That's as many posts as some people make in salary per year. I feel that Matt should make some monument to your greatness or something, to honor this astounding achievement in saying so little, so many times.

Well, it's only fitting, then, that it shall exist in this thread, a monument to the epic arrogance that is the Pittsburgh Penguins organization.

And you know why the Flyers are doing so well? They've got this guy on their roster:

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#555 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Another observation. Is it just me, or does Scott Hartnell look like the illegitimate love child of Kenny G and Jeremy Roenick?

#556 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

How did Schenn refuse to pummel Crosby right there? He had no ref in his way after all.

#557 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

How did Schenn refuse to pummel Crosby right there? He had no ref in his way after all.

I think it was fear of a lifetime suspension for concussing Crosby again...which you know would have happened. I was hoping for him to throw a punch but in my mind I heard Crosby say "you know you can't hit me, go ahead try it" :ranting:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#558 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Best part about that video - fast forward to 3:10

Craig Berube - "Schenner! f*** him the f*** up!"

That is hilarious, thanks for pointing it out.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#559 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Probably figures that if you dare fight precious little cindy the coward, then you'll get permanently banned from the NHL by Bettman.

#560 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Interesting insight from Kerry Fraser...

Fraser: Looking Back...

"The main event might have started when Sid knocked Jake's glove away, but the preliminary bout happened a minute or so earlier when Crosby chopped at another Flyer player's glove and wasn't penalized for it.

The absence of a swift and firm response by the referees to Sidney Crosby's repeated slash to the glove hand of Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov prior to the fisticuffs became an officiating turning point in the game. This spark ignited the ever-present combustible fuel that exists when these two teams meet and caused player hostilities to boil over and continue throughout most of the game. The officials had to continually battle back from this early incident in an
attempt to exert and maintain control."

Silly Fraser, Crosby doesn't get penalties!

esteef