• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #4 Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

888 posts in this topic

I somehow like the series but jebus there goalies and defense suck beyond god. Maybe the worst playoff performance I've seen from goaltenders including the defense easily worse than Layton and Niemi two years ago.

You know what, I want the refs to stay out of it. I want the games to be high scoring and to have fighting in them. The more the merrier. This series without a doubt has been the most exciting playoff series in a long, long time. The NHL should model itself after this kind of hockey. Fans would come back to watching it. The Vancouver/LA game was boring as F*ck...and it ended 1-0.

Nobody wants to watch 1-0, 2-0 games...and the goals that go in are garbage, grinder goals. The super star players in the league are getting shut down and mucked up by this crap playoff hockey and it's 3rd/4th line garbage goals winning games.

The league doesn't get it. AT ALL.

The players did fine policing themselves, but now with the meddling of the league management thinking they can do better than the players, we get this garbage. Players running at stars who aren't able to fight, the enforcers are removed, there's no fear that a player like Probert is going to come off the bench and beat your ass for running at Crosby, or Datsyuk, or whatever.

This league is killing itself.

Spot on post.

With the introduction of the instigator pen, and a generally accepted stance to tone down the fighting league wide - we now have become accustomed to seeing players look for justice via the league, and lets not kid ourselves - justice hasn't been as good as we'd like to think.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it's why I haven't been able to identify with this team for the past several seasons; nobody on this team has a set dangling between their legs; Hank getting his head rammed into the boards, and a few years back Stewie getting the elbow from Kostopolous are prime examples...Had this been the Red Wings circa 1997 - both Weber, and Kostopolous would've left the ice bloodied as someone would've gone after them.

It might be the inner knuckle-dragger speaking, but I really do miss those Red Wing teams from the past, and no - it's got nothing to do with the cap - it's all about how the team drafts, and whom they sign in the off season...This is all on Holland.

How you know it's bad?

"You shouldn`t wonder what Mario Lemieux was thinking. I saw No. 66 shaking his head outside the locker room like a disgusted parent, and he had every right. He speaks out for the NHL to clean up its act, and his team pulls this garbage?"

"You shouldn`t wonder what Mario Lemieux was thinking. I saw No. 66 shaking his head outside the locker room like a disgusted parent, and he had every right. He speaks out for the NHL to clean up its act, and his team pulls this garbage?"

May he should consider to buy a pack of diapers for his team captain? And do it before philly's fans do it.

Nev likes this

How you know it's bad?

Ah but you see, LePew doesn't see that his team does anything wrong.

Neal gets 1 game. Asham gets 4.

I think the other unspoken factor that gets taken into consideration for suspension is whether a guy is a big name player.

I think the other unspoken factor that gets taken into consideration for suspension is whether a guy is a big name player.

This used to really grind my gears but eventually it's just the reality of business I guess.

Ah but you see, LePew doesn't see that his team does anything wrong.

I read an article that said a Penguins team source said that Lemieux was disappointed in his team, but that the Penguins refuted that report.

Neal got one friggin game? Didn't he have two separate disciplinary meetings? And that equals one game?

Shanny, I loved you as a player but you're a joke as disciplinarian. You're seriously worse than Campbell, which is really doing something special.

Xitium, Red Wings Addict and esteef like this

I really hope the Pens are toast tommorow. No Neal, Asham, Adams and an invisible star player as well as a captain flustered to all hell.

Neal got one friggin game? Didn't he have two separate disciplinary meetings? And that equals one game?

Shanny, I loved you as a player but you're a joke as disciplinarian. You're seriously worse than Campbell, which is really doing something special.

Yah for 'big' name players, it takes 2 disciplinary hearings = 1 game. Weber only got one hearing = no games.

I really hope the Pens are toast tommorow. No Neal, Asham, Adams and an invisible star player as well as a captain flustered to all hell.

This would be one of the few things that might make me feel a bit better after tonight's game.

Obviously because nobody's brains were splattered on the ice so he's all good. :thumbdown:

esteef

I'm genuinely shocked that he even got one game.

It's pathetic that I have to hope for Pitts failure in order to make me feel better about our situation.

How you know it's bad?

And the funny thing is that the Penguins refuted the report about Lemieux being pissed.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see HT0001's post up there.

Edited by edicius

I'm genuinely shocked that he even got one game.

My Pens friends on FB are pissed that Neal got suspended at all. They're like "What the hell?! What did Neal do?? That's BS!" Clearly, some people didn't watch the whole game. lol

My Pens friends on FB are pissed that Neal got suspended at all. They're like "What the hell?! What did Neal do?? That's BS!" Clearly, some people didn't watch the whole game. lol

:huh:

Are they the kind that only follow the team during the playoffs?