• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

If were relying on Franzen to break out I think our hopes of winning this series is pretty much down to nothing. I have absolutely zero faith in Franzen and what he brings to this team. What we really need is Jimmy Howard to steal us a game like Rinne just did. Howards save % is sub. 900

Howard was awesome in Game 2 and pretty much good enough in Game 1 and 3. Not his fault Nashville is badly outshot every game, doesn't favor his SV% when they have 4 shots in a period and one of them is a 2-on-1 that they score on.

Rinne's been lucky too. In Game 3 the Wings missed a goal by 0.1 seconds, and had another clear goal saved by a d-man's stick.

As for Franzen, I thought Game 3 was his best game in a while. Even though he lost his head a few times. Would of course be great if he could find that scoring touch and have one of those epic multi-goal games we know he's capable of. Really I don't give a s*** who scores just as long as we score though. Filppula, Hudler, Abdelkader, Lidstrom, Kronwall.. you could point out many guys that we need production from. This is not like the Pens-Flyers series where goals come free however.

#22 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ohhhh, so he is "leashed", that's the problem? Well then, by all means, "unleash" him :rolleyes:

Franzen has been given every possible opportunity this season and last, always given the best linemate, high ice-time, and plenty of time on the PP. After the last few games, besides the goal that hit his leg giving him another GWG :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:, he has done more harm than good.

Takes retarded retaliatory penalties that leave us short-handed. Shows only flashes of brilliance between long spans of float, and I've only seen him use his size and hands once down low through 3 games. This thread should read "s*** or get off the pot, Johan" (s*** being 'do anything', pot being 'the Datsyuk line')

#23 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Maybe he's having injury issues and we just don't know it. I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 16 April 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#24 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Mule has always succeeded on hard work. Once he remembers that, he'll be fine.

'But hard work is stressful. I can get by fairly well without it.'

#25 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Maybe he's having injury issues and we just don't know it. I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it is something serious, like a yellow belly or a missing spine <_<

#26 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

the only reason I was against trading mule is for his playoff dominance. But under performing last year and this year, he can go. I wouldnt care

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

'But hard work is stressful. I can get by fairly well without it.' :deal:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Maybe it is something serious, like a yellow belly or a missing spine <_<

LOL... Hilarious!

Mule has become Robert Lang. A big strong guy that has the ability to be a Power Forward but chooses not to be one. I just don't get it.

#29 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

LOL... Hilarious!

Mule has become Robert Lang. A big strong guy that has the ability to be a Power Forward but chooses not to be one. I just don't get it.

lol. Wasn't Lang the original "he's lazy, and he sucks" whipping boy around here? I think the entire team needs a kick in the ass.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

lol. Wasn't Lang the original "he's lazy, and he sucks" whipping boy around here? I think the entire team needs a kick in the ass.

Unfortunately that kicked in the ass came only in the form of Kyle Quincey...dunno what the asking prices were around the NHL, but I think a first round draft pick could have gone a bit further...heck, I would have rather just given Yzerman the draft pick for Downie and left Quincey alone...

The kick that Holland was supposed to deliver at the deadline, missed. It was more of a swoosh past their heads...instead of a kick in the ass, it was a tickle.

Edited by LeftWinger, 17 April 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#31 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

I refuse to call Franzen "Mule" any more until he actually goes back to playing how he earned that nickname.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#32 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Unfortunately that kicked in the ass came only in the form of Kyle Quincey...dunno what the asking prices were around the NHL, but I think a first round draft pick could have gone a bit further...heck, I would have rather just given Yzerman the draft pick for Downie and left Quincey alone...

The kick that Holland was supposed to deliver at the deadline, missed. It was more of a swoosh past their heads...instead of a kick in the ass, it was a tickle.

I agree with you.... Adding Downie and Smith instead of Quincey would have added the kick perhaps.

#33 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Didn't Guastad (don't know to spell his name) go for a 1st round pick?

He has, what, two goals against us so far?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#34 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I refuse to call Franzen "Mule" any more until he actually goes back to playing how he earned that nickname.

THIS. *ahem* sorry... yeah, I don't think I've called him Mule in like 18 months. He's Johan. Stevie Y doesn't acknowledge this bum anymore.

#35 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

I like this article

Red Wings wouldn't be surprised if Johan Franzen scores 2-3 goals tonight

Ill s*** myself if he does

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I like this article

Ill s*** myself if he does

No pics, please.

Kidding. I had the same response. But there's always hope...

#37 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

If Mule had half of Helm's heart and 1 of his balls he'd become a true Power Forward!

Seems that more and more people are beginning to agree with that assessment. I'm hoping management grows some balls this summer and trades him for someone that gives a s***. It would also send a message that when you get your "LIFETIME" contract you still have to give the team your best effort, which is not, in my opinion what Franzen has been doing. I also question Zetterberg's work ethic at times since he got his ridiculous contract. Everyone was touting him as being the next Captain but I certainly didn't see a whole lot of leadership out of him when Lidstrom was out......

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Agree on Franzen, disagree on Hank - he really picked his play up when Datsyuk went down.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk