• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

I would give up franzen, emmerton and a first for kovy. If you had to add another low prospect like a Ferraro so be it. Basically dump Johan's bad contract and swap it for kovy's bad contract. Who cares how much he makes, his cap hit is 6.6 which in today's market that's not too bad for an elite player. Yes it is long but so is franzens so I'd much rather kovy's contract than franzen cause hes twice the player. Do it!

I'd make that deal 10 times out of 10.. But if the devils are trying to dump a contract to lower their salery cap then I doubt they take on mule's 4 mill per season. Probly looking for a couple real promising prospects and a first round pick or more.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'd make that deal 10 times out of 10.. But if the devils are trying to dump a contract to lower their salery cap then I doubt they take on mule's 4 mill per season. Probly looking for a couple real promising prospects and a first round pick or more.

Totally agree but at the same time nj knows wherever they trade him almost all teams will have to shed some kind of money going back . I'm thinkin it wouldn't be a bad sell to the fans keeping parise and trading kovy for franzen because they can save money and bring a 30 goal scorer whos won the cup and will save the team not only almost 3 mill on the cap but even more off it because of how much kovy actually makes. Just a thought I guess but I'm with ya on you're view as well. Here's to hoping

Edited by Wingydingy19, 27 June 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Didn't Kovy need surgery this offseason, or was that Gaborik?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#24 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

I would rather have Kovy than Parise but even as a salary dump he will be expensive

That's an interesting point, if we were taking Kovys ridiculous contract we could potentially rid ourselves of Franzens daft contract. This has moved me from the "no" side to sitting on the fence.

Mule is a bargain

#25 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

It's not a Kenny Holland move to take a cap hit of 6.66 million for a player that will eventually be in his 40s. That's just stupid. We paid that much for Nick Lidstrom when he was still a Norris trophy contender. The only way he'd take that kind of a contract would be if it were an offer he could not refuse. Franzen for Kovy straight up. Wings get his crappy contract, Devils get a decent player with a history of being a big playoff performer. Plus they get an extra $3 million or so to put into Parise's pocket. Otherwise I don't think Holland would bite.

Edited by The Nephilim, 27 June 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

What about the line combinations?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

What about the line combinations?

Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Semin

Edited by Bannedforlife, 28 June 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#28 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hearing the Boowmeester is on the trade block as of now.

#29 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

Franzen + Howard + Ericsson/1st rounder

NJ is gonna look for a trading partner that would send them a scoring winger to take Kovy's spot in the line-up. Franzen is a given.

With Brodeur pretty much donezo after this contract, this is NJ's chance to grab a goaltender as well. This plus Lou's love for college players and the salary cap difference lead me to think another roster player earning a decent paycheck must be sent packing as well. Insert Jimmah.

The Wings are gonna want NJ to take a contract as well off their hands after all is said and done. Ericsson's contract is based on potential and if by mid-season he's still not showing progress, he seems the most suited.

The draft pick a tough one to call. NJ will have to forfeit their's this next draft so they'llbe looking to add one. After making the Finals, it makes ssense to predict their would-be first rounder won't be much different than Detroit's (knock on wood).

Disclaimer: I would do this trade only if Pavel was entering his prime instead of being on the wrong end of 30.

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#30 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

IF this were true (which it isn't but I'll play along) it would probably take something like:

Franzen, Kindl, Jurco, 1st rounder.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#31 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Really, do the Wings have a choice?

We really never replaced Raffie, now Lids is collecting a pension, and Stewie caught a plane out west, what are our options?

Other organizations KNOW we are in need and that will make the prices go up.... Supply and demand...

Next few days there will be a lot of hype, articles, and posts.... Make some popcorn and grab a chair folks, it is going to be an interesting ride.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Didn't Kovy need surgery this offseason, or was that Gaborik?

both. kovalchuk with the back or something and gaborik with the shoulder.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#33 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

i thought i read on hfboards they were looking to move kovalchuk AND praise so that they had no albatross contracts on the books and make the team more "sellable" to potential buyers. I can understand on one hand why an owner wouldn't want to purchase a team that owes millions of his money to a player he didn't agree to pay, but on the other hand, wouldn't you want to buy a team with players that can win? Idk how true any of this is, but if Nash, Kovy, Ryan are all out there I like our chances at nabbing one if necessary.

Considering Kovy is older (29) he shouldn't cost as much (and consider his contract). Having all 3 available should drive prices down as teams won't feel compelled to outbid each other in desperation.