• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Countdown to January 14th

Rate this topic

Countdown to January 14th  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will this be enough for Fehr to accept??

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412368

"The NHL has made a new CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association, an NHL player told TSN on Friday.

The player, who requested anonymity, said the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on term limit for player contracts, salary variance and buyouts.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the NHL adjusted its maximum contract length from five to six years (seven years if a team is re-signing its own player) and boosted the variance from five to 10 per cent.

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun adds that the new offer includes the 'Make Whole' provision that stays at $300 million and allows each team one compliance buyout prior to the 2013-14 season. The buyout would not count against the cap, but it would against the players' share.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly would not confirm what the player said when reached by TSN.

More to follow."

Will this be enough for Fehr to accept??

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412368

"The NHL has made a new CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association, an NHL player told TSN on Friday.

The player, who requested anonymity, said the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on term limit for player contracts, salary variance and buyouts.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the NHL adjusted its maximum contract length from five to six years (seven years if a team is re-signing its own player) and boosted the variance from five to 10 per cent.

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun adds that the new offer includes the 'Make Whole' provision that stays at $300 million and allows each team one compliance buyout prior to the 2013-14 season. The buyout would not count against the cap, but it would against the players' share.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly would not confirm what the player said when reached by TSN.

More to follow."

I had come in here to post the same article. I do not want to get my hopes up, but this is it, either they accept it or were locked out...

I had come in here to post the same article. I do not want to get my hopes up, but this is it, either they accept it or were locked out...

disagree. there is still 2 weeks for a deal to be made. this is far from over

disagree. there is still 2 weeks for a deal to be made. this is far from over

I disagree. I think this is do or die, they won't wait till January 14 to cancel the season because they want a one week training camp. I believe this is the owners last ditch effort to save a half season, if the players counter their proposal it will probably be rejected and the season cancelled (maybe I am wrong though) either way this is what Fehr was waiting for, this is the best offer the owners will give out now.

I disagree. I think this is do or die, they won't wait till January 14 to cancel the season because they want a one week training camp. I believe this is the owners last ditch effort to save a half season, if the players counter their proposal it will probably be rejected and the season cancelled (maybe I am wrong though) either way this is what Fehr was waiting for, this is the best offer the owners will give out now.

it's only december 28 today. they have until January 14 to actually sign a deal imo. that gives them a week or so of training camp and then the season starts in late janurary. i think we are in for 2 weeks of intense negotiations. if nothing comes out of this at the end of 2 weeks, then the season will be cancelled

i think fehr will try to squeeze a little bit more out of the owners before signing a deal.

it's only december 28 today. they have until January 14 to actually sign a deal imo. that gives them a week or so of training camp and then the season starts in late janurary. i think we are in for 2 weeks of intense negotiations. if nothing comes out of this at the end of 2 weeks, then the season will be cancelled

i think fehr will try to squeeze a little bit more out of the owners before signing a deal.

Uhm...if they would start late january with playing games, wouldn't that mean there needs to be another block of games cancelled? As of now all games till the 14th are cancelled, so with a one week training camp it would come to an actual deadline of around the 7th of January when a deal needs to be reached. If they go past this 7th of January the next cancellation would be announced around this date right? I am not sure if they will cancel another block of games or they will cancel the whole season that is.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Uhm...if they would start late january with playing games, wouldn't that mean there needs to be another block of games cancelled? As of now all games till the 14th are cancelled, so with a one week training camp it would come to an actual deadline of around the 7th of January when a deal needs to be reached. If they go past this 7th of January the next cancellation would be announced around this date right? I am not sure if they will cancel another block of games or they will cancel the whole season that is.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Renaud Lavoie@RenLavoieRDS

NHL told the NHLPA that the drop dead date was January 11th, according to another NHL source.

judging by this, i'm willing to assume that the league will cancel one more week's worth of games to get training camp in with the season starting around the 20th just like in 1995

Edited by chances14

They said deal has to be done by Jan 11 and season must start by Jan 19. That's not enough for a 10 day training camp, not by my math anyways, but none of this made sense to begin with anyways. Let's play.

Edited by rrasco

Guest irishock

They'll need like 2-3 more days to do paperwork and what about pre-season games? Do we really want the Mule skating at literally mule speed?

They said deal has to be done by Jan 11 and season must start by Jan 19. That's not enough for a 10 day training camp, not by my math anyways, but none of this made sense to begin with anyways. Let's play.

The deadline for a deal is January 11, with training camps starting January 12. It would be 1 week training camps with the season starting the 19. I think a more realistic starting date at this point is probably September, considering the way talks (or lack thereof) have gone so far.Either way a 48 game season is ALMOST not worth watching, I have been watching minor hockey, and if not for Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the uncertainty behind Brunner I wouldn't even want to see a 48 game season.

Guest irishock

Things didn't work out too bad for the Wings the last time there was a 48 game season.

Things didn't work out too bad for the Wings the last time there was a 48 game season.

Obviously you forget that they were swept by the Devils in the finals... It doesn't matter that they made it to the finals if they got swept, remember the shame in the tigers loss this year...

If a multi-billionaire (or group) had the foresight/balls to do it, the NHL could be toppled right now... All it would take, would be a competing league to start up in major cities (Det, Tor, Chi, NY, Phi, Mtl, etc, etc, etc), bring in some big names, market the hell out of it and we would look back on the NHL like we do the ABA, AFL, etc... I don't think the league will ever fully recover from this one and I fully expect to see contraction of the league occur in the next few years...

Obviously you forget that they were swept by the Devils in the finals... It doesn't matter that they made it to the finals if they got swept, remember the shame in the tigers loss this year...

to be honest, i would rather get swept in the finals than lose in game 7. much easier to simply forget about it and move on. i think game 7 09 cup finals is going to haunt me forever

edit: quote tags are jacked up for some reason

Edited by chances14

Guest Playmaker
to be honest, i would rather get swept in the finals than lose in game 7. much easier to simply forget about it and move on. i think game 7 09 cup finals is going to haunt me forever

edit: quote tags are jacked up for some reason

+1...I still get riled up when I think about 2009...it was bad enough the Wings lost up 3-2, but having Crosby skating the Cup around the ice at the Joe...Ouch!

In addition, I'd rather make it to the Cup finals and get swept than to lose in an earlier round or not make the playoffs at all...You just can't win every year...

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2337131" data-time="1356931297"><p>

As far as I'm concerned there was no hockey played in 09.</p></blockquote>

Wings have lost multiple cups in game 7's over the years.

I think the problem is that way too many fans like myself have just become indifferent...Bettman and the owners seem oblivious to that fact...During the last lockout, fans were angry, now they just don't care...The cold and snow has made me think of hockey, but with 2013 approaching, the countdown to Spring Training has been at the forefront of my mind...

I've heard one thing working in the owners favor is that season tickets aren't being cancelled. Bettman knows fans will be back.