Photo
- - - - -

NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement on new CBA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#81 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Oh, and I've been saving this for months. Carlo Colaiacovo, plan the parade route!!

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#82 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

So what. Bettman is still there. Everything is basically the same with a band-aid slapped on top. Even the Sochi Olympics debacle hasn't even been taken care of. And I see nothing about realignment. 

I'm with the movement of fans that are boycotting game #1. 

#83 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

i think it's more likely that the gamecenter will be free. not sure how the center ice thing would work with all the different cable providers

I tend to agree - though i hope it would extend to the Xbox and PS3 apps as well. It would wind up being a bit of a win-win. You sign up so they have info about you but don't charge you this year whilst still being made to look like they are giving back to the Fans. It's a PR winner.

Edited by metalkorn, 06 January 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#84 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Oh, and I've been saving this for months. Carlo Colaiacovo, plan the parade route!!

Carlo has a shoulder injury he apparently sustained from a hit from Brunner.

http://www.thescore....edmonton-journa

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#85 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I stopped following it last night because they said thats how it works.  All night with 'no' or 'little' progress and then, bam, deal done.

I was confident they would get it done, but I'm still speechless.

Orgasmic.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#86 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

With this whole CBA mess I forgot he was even on the team. 

#87 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Carlo has a shoulder injury he apparently sustained from a hit from Brunner.

http://www.thescore....edmonton-journa

not good haha. hopefully there aren't too many hard feelings.. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#88 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just a thought I had: I know that this is nearly impossible to get organized, but what if no fans showed up to the first home game for every team? It would get everyone's attention that the fans are the real bosses.

#89 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,459 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Well, life goes on the same for me here, unless Versus/NBC picks up a lot of Wings games, or someone re-establishes a stream like Drum's.   I have tickets to local hockey, thinking I might see a Wing or two (like Nyquist) in March here, but now that isn't happening.  I really don't expect "free" Center Ice here, since they won't even add NHL Network to our local cable -- since "no one" wants to see hockey here, according to Time Warner Cable.  :sleepy:

So.  Great news for all of you in Detroit who still plan to go to games, and better news for those local folks in Motown who have their jobs back, as well. 

No one's excited to see Tootoo?  ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#90 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just a thought I had: I know that this is nearly impossible to get organized, but what if no fans showed up to the first home game for every team? It would get everyone's attention that the fans are the real bosses.

People have been talking about this they were discussing it on TSN but unless people picket arenas some people will show up. In reality it won't happen... though it will happen in Nashville and Phoenix even without a lockout :)

#91 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'd boycott some games if they cancelled 2012-13 entirely. I'm too big of a puckhead to boycott a shortened sked though.

bringit.jpg

#92 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is Carlo Colaiacovo the most injury-prone player in NHL history?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#93 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

who is this italian guy on our team???

#94 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

If season is 48 games, expect teams will play 3 games outside division and unbalanced within: 4 games vs. two teams, 5 games vs. two teams

Pushed for now; PA consents RT "@DunkTheRunk: Eric didn't hear about realignment. what's happening with that? Does it go to a vote by PA?

those asking, Bill Daly confirmed you CANT use the compliance buyouts on players who have LTIR status, such as Chris Pronger.

#NHLPA is drafting a 30 page memorandum of understanding detailing main points of deal for players to review before voting

The #NHL would like to have a schedule out by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Don't forget they've got a lot of work to do to sell tix.

bringit.jpg

#95 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Finally the puck can drop once again! Now the NHL just needs to offer NHL center ice for free for this shorten season!

Posted Image

#96 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

With this whole CBA mess I forgot he was even on the team. 

I had that epiphany this morning about Quincey.

Read this regarding free center ice: http://www.sbnation....ppen/in/3605895

Well, life goes on the same for me here, unless Versus/NBC picks up a lot of Wings games, or someone re-establishes a stream like Drum's.   I have tickets to local hockey, thinking I might see a Wing or two (like Nyquist) in March here, but now that isn't happening.  I really don't expect "free" Center Ice here, since they won't even add NHL Network to our local cable -- since "no one" wants to see hockey here, according to Time Warner Cable.  :sleepy:

So.  Great news for all of you in Detroit who still plan to go to games, and better news for those local folks in Motown who have their jobs back, as well. 

No one's excited to see Tootoo?  ;)

Switch to DirecTV.  You'll thank me later.

I'm excited to see Brunner and Tootoo.  And some young guns to carry some weight.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#97 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Switch to DirecTV.  You'll thank me later.

Wasn't everyone doing the exact opposite to this when they dropped a ton of channels because they refused to pay for them?

#98 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I think Tootoo was a horrible signing.  He's not tough, he's just annoying and takes horrible penalties at inopportune times.  Not to mention, who knows what his personal situation is. 

#99 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Read this regarding free center ice: http://www.sbnation....ppen/in/3605895

well that pretty much confirms my suspicions that center ice won't be free but nhl gamecenter most likely will be

#100 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I think Tootoo was a horrible signing.  He's not tough, he's just annoying and takes horrible penalties at inopportune times.  Not to mention, who knows what his personal situation is. 

His personal situation is much better, i think he has now been sober for 2 years so his attitude has turned around. I think he knows where he stands that the Wings offered what you could liken to a lifeline and he will have to compete for his spot.