• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Dynasty

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Or the Era. How should it be named for history's sake?

The Lidstrom Years

The Bowman Years

Etc.

Whacha think?

Actually, this is a legit question.

Honestly, I think we'll have to see how things play out. If we don't get more cups for a while, then The Lidstrom Era would be suitable for 97-08.

Unfortunately, that leaves out Yzerman, who deserves and Era named after him.

If we keep winning, then perhaps The Yzerman era for 97-02, and the Zetterberg era for 08-(oh, drat, where's an infinity sign when you need one? Oh, well. Turn your heads sideways and look at this) 8.

Of course, that leaves out Lidstrom, who no one can deny was a vital part of the 4 most recent cup wins.

I tend to favour the latter since 97-02 was during the Avs rivalry, so it kind of had its own flavour, and as such, I'd like to see it have its own name. I'd also like to see us win more cups.

Regardles of the Wings future success, it feels like we have closed out an era that started with Yzerman, Lidstrom, Bowman, the Russian 5, the Grind Line, and all the Hall of Famers that came to the Wings to 'get their name on the cup'. The salary cap and Yzerman retirement were the beginning of the end of the era and Lidstrom retirement sealed it. Yzerman-Lidstrom Era/Dynasty or Hall-of-Fame Years both seem fitting.

Regardles of the Wings future success, it feels like we have closed out an era that started with Yzerman, Lidstrom, Bowman, the Russian 5, the Grind Line, and all the Hall of Famers that came to the Wings to 'get their name on the cup'. The salary cap and Yzerman retirement were the beginning of the end of the era and Lidstrom retirement sealed it. Yzerman-Lidstrom Era/Dynasty or Hall-of-Fame Years both seem fitting.

This will make a great premise for a Red Wings book.