• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#421 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

This team stinks, period.  It's time for a rebuild.

I really don't think so, it's time to drop the junk, kindl, quincey, white, cleary, mursak, can all go. bring up a defender from gr for the time being, until you work out a trade for a top pairing dman, and then sign perry or getzlaf in the offseason. 

#422 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I really don't think so, it's time to drop the junk, kindl, quincey, white, cleary, mursak, can all go. bring up a defender from gr for the time being, until you work out a trade for a top pairing dman, and then sign perry or getzlaf in the offseason. 

You think Perry or Getzlaf are gonna want to come here? I highly doubt it unless we throw a big sum of money at either of them.

Also that's IF they don't resign with Anaheim. Ducks have been good so far this season mind you.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 22 February 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#423 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Ducks have money to re-sign only one of Perry/Getzlaf.

bringit.jpg

#424 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

You think Perry or Getzlaf are gonna want to come here? I highly doubt it unless we throw a big sum of money at either of them.

Also that's IF they don't resign with Anaheim. Ducks have been good so far this season mind you.

There is no way that Anaheim will hang onto Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan, even if they win the Cup. I don't see them all taking a discount. Not a perfect example, but Parise last year almost won a Cup last year in NJ and still left.

As far as the game goes, not fun to watch, minus Pavel. Really hoping for a turnaround when the team is completely healthy, if that ever happens. Make the playoffs and then anything can happen. I understand there are major issues but there are still good pieces here, I don't think it is time to just blow it up and start over yet. I know this is a bad way to think, but why make drastic moves now in this shortened season when we've been planning to make a splash this FA offseason? It's tough to watch but I am just going to wait it out and stick with my team, because I don't really know what else to do to be honest with you.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#425 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Ducks have money to re-sign only one of Perry/Getzlaf.

If so. You still think we have a legit chance to sign one of them? I don't. I see one of them going out East...

There is no way that Anaheim will hang onto Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan, even if they win the Cup. I don't see them all taking a discount. Not a perfect example, but Parise last year almost won a Cup last year in NJ and still left.

As far as the game goes, not fun to watch, minus Pavel. Really hoping for a turnaround when the team is completely healthy, if that ever happens. Make the playoffs and then anything can happen. I understand there are major issues but there are still good pieces here, I don't think it is time to just blow it up and start over yet. I know this is a bad way to think, but why make drastic moves now in this shortened season when we've been planning to make a splash this FA offseason? It's tough to watch but I am just going to wait it out and stick with my team, because I don't really know what else to do to be honest with you.

I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none.

#426 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

If so. You still think we have a legit chance to sign one of them? I don't. I see one of them going out East...

I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none.

Fair enough, but DRW will still try for both of them this offseason, along with others.

If the Wings cannot sign anyone to come here, and the lore of throwing on the sweater is gone, the only way to rebuild is from the ground up then. I just don't believe that. This organization can still compete with all the others when it comes to being one players want to play for. IMO

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#427 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

"I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none."

Hmm, do you have a source on that?

bringit.jpg

#428 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

"I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none."

Hmm, do you have a source on that?

Do you have any source saying that one is interested in signing with us?

I'm assuming you think we have a chance at signing one of them then?

Fair enough.

We shall see won't we and it's like Perry or Getzlaf are gonna solve any of this teams problems right now anyways. No source on that either sorry.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 22 February 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#429 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

What makes you think Perry or Getzlaf wouldn't want to sign with us? Just because Suter and Parise chose to sign with a team near their family, all of a sudden everyone is in panic mode and thinks no one wants to play for the wings anymore. Most players talk very highly of the red wings organization, and still consider them to be one of the better teams in the league currently. Perry and Getzlaf would be dumb not to sign, and have the opportunity to play along side future hof'ers like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We take care of our players here, and don't just kick them to the curb at the first sign of trouble, most players like that. I would have to say I like our chances of getting Perry/Getzlaf, and we will have the cap room to do it, and Kenny won't be afraid to spend to the cap to get them.

#430 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

What makes you think Perry or Getzlaf wouldn't want to sign with us? Just because Suter and Parise chose to sign with a team near their family, all of a sudden everyone is in panic mode and thinks no one wants to play for the wings anymore. Most players talk very highly of the red wings organization, and still consider them to be one of the better teams in the league currently. Perry and Getzlaf would be dumb not to sign, and have the opportunity to play along side future hof'ers like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We take care of our players here, and don't just kick them to the curb at the first sign of trouble, most players like that. I would have to say I like our chances of getting Perry/Getzlaf, and we will have the cap room to do it, and Kenny won't be afraid to spend to the cap to get them.

Datsyuk could be gone after next season. Sad but true.

Also our team is on the decline. 

Screw both Parise and Suter. Parise is proving way more worth than Suter. Thank F we didn't shell out the amount for Suter. I've said this since day one. Highly overrated d-man.

I fail to see the point where Perry or Getzlaf would want to come here to an organization on the decline / rebuild status?

The logic as mentioned by other members that we treat our players right and we are the Detroit Red Wings is sort of out the window now. It doesn't hold any value since the cap era. This team isn't the 2008 or 2009 team for that matter.

You have to get worse before you can get better again.

It's true at the NHL level. Name me one NHL team that has been dominant throughout their career?

The answer is no one.

It upsets me on this forum that people start shouting out other teams players names like they are gonna want to sign with our current team.

BS.

#431 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Dont' let it upset you.  Not worth it. :cheesy:

#432 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Datsyuk could be gone after next season. Sad but true.

Also our team is on the decline. 

Screw both Parise and Suter. Parise is proving way more worth than Suter. Thank F we didn't shell out the amount for Suter. I've said this since day one. Highly overrated d-man.

I fail to see the point where Perry or Getzlaf would want to come here to an organization on the decline / rebuild status?

The logic as mentioned by other members that we treat our players right and we are the Detroit Red Wings is sort of out the window now. It doesn't hold any value since the cap era. This team isn't the 2008 or 2009 team for that matter.

You have to get worse before you can get better again.

It's true at the NHL level. Name me one NHL team that has been dominant throughout their career?

The answer is no one.

It upsets me on this forum that people start shouting out other teams players names like they are gonna want to sign with our current team.

BS.

I guess some ppl like to look at things as if the glass is half full rather than half empty

#433 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Would be nice to get over the Suter/Parise thing, they've signed with the Wild and so they are never  going to wear the Winged Wheel, sad but true. Suter is playing almost half the game and has to learn a new concept, new defensive partner either not in his class or a rookie (Brodin) and while struggeling he is still their best defenseman. This should tell everyone, how good this guy is. He will probably never play with another Weber and vise versa but both are simple too good but fall of a cliff, a decline for sure but Suter is easily still a top 5 defender.

The Bleacherreport was quoted saying that Getzlaf and his girlfriend are loving Anaheim, he wants to end his career there and maybe work for them after retirement, so the Wings chances of getting him are none to slim. Perry has never stated anything, so there might be a chance but honestly why should he come here?

Sure, the Wings are threatening their players well, staying in over the top hotels, training facilities and all that stuff but I think the CBA also includes a rule, where teams have to stay a 4 star minimum hotels so even that advantage isn't as big as it once was and the team is heading for rebuild-status very soon. So if Perry is testing the UFA market I can see him wanting to sign with some powerhouse teams maybe Vancouver imagine Perry Sedin Sedin damn scary!

This is now the second time in a row the Detroit Red Wings have lost against a team, which they should be able to beat (yes I do include all the injuries other teams are having them too), these are exactly the points that could really really hurt this time in the end. I don't expect points against the Blues, Blackhawks or Predators but for sure against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#434 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Jesus Christ.

60253.jpg

Edited by F.Michael, 22 February 2013 - 07:53 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#435 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

So, we drop another 2 points. to CBJ, Things are not looking good, however, I would wait until we have full health before judging the team and saying we need to rebuild, just my 2 cents. We can still pull this back. If anything, the past few years the Wings have always been inconsistently inconsistent. 

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#436 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

So, we drop another 2 points. to CBJ, Things are not looking good, however, I would wait until we have full health before judging the team and saying we need to rebuild, just my 2 cents. We can still pull this back. If anything, the past few years the Wings have always been inconsistently inconsistent. 

...and that was with Lidstrom/Stuart/Rafalski/Holmstrom.

As I said before this season started; I expect a 7th thru 10th place finish in the Western Conference; if we do make the playoffs we'll get bounced outta the 1st round.

We're just not that good of a team anymore.

#437 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Chicago is running away with this division. They seem to be the only quality team so far.

I don't think Detroit is THAT far off from being competitive. They've been getting 2 goal leads which says something. If they could exchange Cleary, White, Kindl, and Abs with some other players then they would be in a much better situation. Hell, if Helm can ever get his career back on track and make a recovery that would add a lot. 

Bring up Nyquist, Sheahan, and whoever is next in line on D. What do they have to lose, more games?

#438 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Didn't catch the first period, but how come Tootoo takes a fighting major and instigator when we're up 2-0? Columbus even scored on that PP..

Edited by Jocke, 22 February 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#439 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

BS.

The simple fact of the matter is that we don't know what will happen come free agency.  We can go off the past, and see many high profile free agents coming to Detroit to sign and play.  We can also go off what happened last year where we made plays for the big names and couldn't land them.  To say we can or cannot get those free agents is really just a gut feeling.  To get "upset" about it is really a waste of emotion.  You really have no idea other than your glass half empty gut that is telling you we will fail.  So, if it upsets you that someone points out that "player A" is coming up for free agency, just let it go and talk about something else. 

Let's see, Sheahan is in his first full year in GR and is tied for 5th in points on the team.  Think you might be rushing to judgment a bit there.  Have to give credit where due too with the Wings organ-i-zation's ability to trade down out of the 1st round lately to get additional picks yet still get the player they would have taken in the 1st if they hadn't.  And get talent that was rated to go in the 1st to boot actually.  See Frk, Martin (2012) & Jurco, Tomas (2011) as recent examples.

I have to agree with this.  The Wings have one of the top 10 farm systems in the NHL for a good reason.  Blashill really has turned things around in Grand Rapids and the kids are developing much better than they were in the past. 

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#440 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Didn't catch the first period, but how come Tootoo takes a fighting major and instigator when we're up 2-0? Columbus even scored on that PP..

Dorsett tried to start sumthin with Ericsson...Tootoo stepped in, and proceeded to smack Dorsett around (broken nose from the looks of it)...Hence the 2 min instigator added on for Tootoo.