• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

He's barely played any hockey the past 2 years with his injuries. The new team would have been forced to keep him on their active roster. Hopefully he'll get lots of playing time in Grand rapids, get some confidence and get another shot.

I thought for this reason he wouldn't have been picked up but I kept my mouth shut.

The majority of this thread however thought surely he would have been claimed.

Best of luck to Jan in GR.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 23 February 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#82 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Outstanding that he passed waivers, really didn't think he'd get through. Awesome for the franchise to keep him, but unfortunate for Jan because he would've had a better shot to make the big show with another franchise.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#83 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

wow that blows for Mursak. the guy literally can't catch a break!

#84 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

No surprise here. Jan has speed but from what I've seen that's about it. In the columbus game he really looked like a boy versus men getting pushed around and overpowered throughout the game. If he can add about 15 lbs of muscle it could do wonders for his game. Hopefully he'll develop in GR and maybe earn another shot in the big show

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#85 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Shows you how overvalued our jobbers are around here.  

Several posters couldn't possibly fathom how he would clear waivers.    :sleepy:  

McCormick also passed through waivers.

It would have been nice for Mursak to get picked up but IMO he does need more development time before being NHL ready. Hopefully he can have a strong finish to the AHL season and get an NHL spot next year.

#86 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Several posters couldn't possibly fathom how he would clear waivers.    :sleepy:  

You mean our over-ripers are not 2nd line NHLers on other teams? Sheesh

#87 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wow. Did not expect that. Well, that's cool...New CBA eliminated re-entry waivers, so a call up could happen if he absolutely earns it. Good luck.

#88 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Exactly.  A few people in this thread owe Kenny an apology.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#89 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

McCormick also passed through waivers.

It would have been nice for Mursak to get picked up but IMO he does need more development time before being NHL ready. Hopefully he can have a strong finish to the AHL season and get an NHL spot next year.

I thought McCormick would pass through waivers too.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#90 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have said this all along, Mursak is done as a Red Wing.  Too much young talent ready for the NHL, no room for him. 

Outstanding that he passed waivers, really didn't think he'd get through. Awesome for the franchise to keep him, but unfortunate for Jan because he would've had a better shot to make the big show with another franchise.

He will, when he signs somewhere else as a RFA this off season...I will take whatever draft pick compensation we receive for him. Good luck in your career...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#91 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I have said this all along, Mursak is done as a Red Wing.  Too much young talent ready for the NHL, no room for him. 

He will, when he signs somewhere else as a RFA this off season...I will take whatever draft pick compensation we receive for him. Good luck in your career...

Him being an RFA is assuming that the Red Wings make a qualifying offer. With Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson all ahead of him on the depth chart, and Sheahan and Ferraro knocking on the door, he doesn't seem to be in the Red Wings future plans. That being said, it's possible the Red Wings may just let him become a UFA this summer.

I think you need to do a little more research on RFA's. Like I said before, in order for Mursak to become an RFA, he needs to be tendered a qualifying offer, otherwise he becomes a UFA. If he doesn't accept that offer, he becomes an RFA. In order for another team to sign him as an RFA, they would need to send him an offer sheet. Now let's be realistic here, no team has EVER sent an offer sheet to a player that hasn't proved they belong in the NHL. However, let's say he does get sent an offer sheet. In order for the Red Wings to get compensation, the offer sheet would have to be a deal for more than $1,110,250 a season. If a GM were to send Jan Mursak an offer sheet for more than $1,110,250 a season, they would probably not have a job as a GM for much longer or even ever again.

Let's face it, Jan Mursak may have some skill and may be a good guy, but it's looking like he is NOT an NHL caliber player. The 29 other teams in the NHL had a chance to put him on their team for no cost at all, and they all passed.

Good luck to you Jan.

• Nev likes this

#92 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Him being an RFA is assuming that the Red Wings make a qualifying offer. With Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson all ahead of him on the depth chart, and Sheahan and Ferraro knocking on the door, he doesn't seem to be in the Red Wings future plans. That being said, it's possible the Red Wings may just let him become a UFA this summer.

I think you need to do a little more research on RFA's. Like I said before, in order for Mursak to become an RFA, he needs to be tendered a qualifying offer, otherwise he becomes a UFA. If he doesn't accept that offer, he becomes an RFA. In order for another team to sign him as an RFA, they would need to send him an offer sheet. Now let's be realistic here, no team has EVER sent an offer sheet to a player that hasn't proved they belong in the NHL. However, let's say he does get sent an offer sheet. In order for the Red Wings to get compensation, the offer sheet would have to be a deal for more than $1,110,250 a season. If a GM were to send Jan Mursak an offer sheet for more than $1,110,250 a season, they would probably not have a job as a GM for much longer or even ever again.

Let's face it, Jan Mursak may have some skill and may be a good guy, but it's looking like he is NOT an NHL caliber player. The 29 other teams in the NHL had a chance to put him on their team for no cost at all, and they all passed.

Good luck to you Jan.

Yup. Its a bummer, but he is not NHL material.

#93 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

OMG OMG we didn't trade Mursak and a 5th for Malkin and Crosby?? What a waist Holland! That guy really makes me mad.

Oh just because I know people around here are dumb enough, I am not really being serious I'm making fun of you. Thanks

• DSM likes this

#94 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

You mean the same fanbase that takes dumps all over everyone but Lidstrom and Datsyuk? And wonders why the rest of the league's fans don't follow in our hatred? Hometown fans like us always underrate their own players. It's part of our desperate desire to not look homerish.

Mursak being overvalued in more a rare occurrence.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 25 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#95 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

OMG OMG we didn't trade Mursak and a 5th for Malkin and Crosby?? What a waist Holland! That guy really makes me mad.

Oh just because I know people around here are dumb enough, I am not really being serious I'm making fun of you. Thanks

What a waist of web space.  I am not really being serious, I'm making fun of you.  Thanks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#96 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I look at it this way...Mursak gone....next should be Kindl, then Quincey, the Bertuzzi, Sammy and Cleary.

Good luck Jan, I hope you get somewhere that you enjoy being!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?