• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Player Hits Ref With Stick

Rate this topic

http://mashable.com/2013/04/04/hockey-player-hits-ref-with-stick/

Sam Laird1 hour ago
Simmer down, man! Danielius Nomanovas just took sports tantrums to a new level of savagery. Nomanovas is a teenage hockey player, playing with the Lithuanian junior national team at the under-18 world championships in Estonia.

In the closing seconds of Lithuania's group play loss to Great Britain on Wednesday, Nomonavas completely. Loses. His. Mind. Watch as he hurls his stick directly at a referee from close range, making violent contact. The ref, thankfully, does not appear seriously injured.

I don't like emotionless players. It doesn't show the game meant that much to them. Throwing a temper tantrum, which I don't believe this was, shows that the person was so devastated that he was willing to show that intimate, personal side of him.

This guy threw a stick across the ice and the ref ran across is. This is no different than Howard slamming his stick or yelling or whatever toward his teammate. Or you could be Lidstrom and almost score the game tying goal in a game 7 stanley cup finals and not be fazed. He's just perfect though.

I throw temper tantrums in NHL 13. One time we lost a close game and I threw my controller at the wall but my flatscreen was in the way. I couldn't play for awhile, so I guess it's similar to a suspension. But I did show emotion... so I did a good thing, right?

Edited by dropkickshanahans

I throw temper tantrums in NHL 13. One time we lost a close game and I threw my controller at the wall but my flatscreen was in the way. I couldn't play for awhile, so I guess it's similar to a suspension. But I did show emotion... so I did a good thing, right?

Of course it is. I've shown temper tanrums playing minesweeper.