• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Agreed. If this was a back and forth series that went 7, I'd have been proud. But to label this as being proud for taking the #1 team to game 7 is false. the wings had em on the brink and lost 3 in a row. I'm proud of the Wings season overall, just a disappointing end. I said from the start the only chance the Wings had was to get a 3-1 start in this series. check my post history if yall dont believe me lol. I knew once chicago got their intensity level up it was gonna be a s*** show, I just figured we'd have been able to at least grind out one one in those last 3 games. 

Big let down in the end, exciting season over all. I'm usually never negative at all, but facts are facts. in the end, the Wings choked. But they will be better for it going forward. And hey, at least they didnt choke in Leaf fashion. Amirite?

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Only thing I'm happy about is not missing the playoffs. I can't be happy about choking a 3-1 lead to the Chicago Blackhawks and their annoying ass fans.

#42 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Only thing I'm happy about is not missing the playoffs. I can't be happy about choking a 3-1 lead to the Chicago Blackhawks and their annoying ass fans.

Oh for sure. Im definitely proud of the team. Just not proud of how it ended, and im not proud of them "bringing the #1 team" to game 7, because really, chicago brought the wings to game 7. I'm proud of them for going up 3-1, but it's all for naught to only lose the series in 3 straight games. But I'm not gonna knock the team for it, because it is a learning experience for them. 

We know the kids are gonna be good, we know we have goaltending that we can win with, and our D is coming into its own. Lots to be proud of. Throw Tatar in there next season, get Deke and Helm back, Add someone to the top 6 and I think this team starts looking like a legit threat.