Photo
- - - - -

Which UFA would help the Wings the most?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Which UFA would help the Wings most?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which UFA would you most like to see the Wings sign?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

yup. is boston really tight on money? because it looks like he isnt going anywhere.

They have $6.6M to spend on 6 players, so yes I would consider them tight on money.

Other teams that are tight against the cap that may have to use their amnesty buyouts include...

Philadelphia - $3.3M over the cap / 2 players over the 23 man roster.

Vancouver - $0.9M over the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

Chicago - $2.0M under the cap / 2 players under the 23 man roster.

Tampa Bay - $3.3M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Boston - $6.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Carolina - $7.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Pittsburgh - $7.8M under the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

San Jose - $8.6M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

Minnesota - $9.1M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Los Angeles - $10.9M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

The Flyers, Canucks and Lightning are the only 3 teams that I would consider definites to use their amnesty buyout as they don't have any other choice. There are also another half dozen teams very likely to use theirs aswell, most likely the Bruins, Hurricanes, Sharks and Kings.

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

1. Clarkson
2. Horton

Those are my top 2 with Ryder as #3.  I chose Horton though cause despite Clarkson as a potential great fit for the Wings, I fully expect him to be a Leaf next season.  He grew up a huge Wendel Clark and Leafs fan and rumour states we're #2 on his list.  Horton is just as good as him, maybe better and as you can see, dude is a clutch performer.  So I'd go with:

1. Horton

2. Clarkson

3. Ryder

They have $6.6M to spend on 6 players, so yes I would consider them tight on money.

Other teams that are tight against the cap that may have to use their amnesty buyouts include...

Philadelphia - $3.3M over the cap / 2 players over the 23 man roster.

Vancouver - $0.9M over the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

Chicago - $2.0M under the cap / 2 players under the 23 man roster.

Tampa Bay - $3.3M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Boston - $6.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Carolina - $7.6M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Pittsburgh - $7.8M under the cap / 5 players under the 23 man roster.

San Jose - $8.6M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

Minnesota - $9.1M under the cap / 6 players under the 23 man roster.

Los Angeles - $10.9M under the cap / 8 players under the 23 man roster.

The Flyers, Canucks and Lightning are the only 3 teams that I would consider definites to use their amnesty buyout as they don't have any other choice. There are also another half dozen teams very likely to use theirs aswell, most likely the Bruins, Hurricanes, Sharks and Kings.

Canucks and Flyers are pooched.  The Pens traded away future guys for Morrow, Iginla and Murray to try and squeeze out 1 more Cup and then they'll have zero depth beyond Malkin, Crysby and Neal for the foreseeable future.  And they'll soon find out how hard it is to maintain a long term playoff team without top 5 picks every year for a decade!!  HAHAHA f***ers! 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

Penner could be a cheap solution to the size problem. I don't know if I would want him though

People complain about Franzen's effort level game to game...I do like Penner none the less though, Id rather see a line of Z, Mule, Penner then Z, Mule, Flip thats for sure.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

The Flyers aren't really in that much trouble with the Cap. Remember Pronger doesn't count against it because he'll be on LTIR until his contract is up.

They actually have about 5 million is space to re-sign Gagne and to round out their roster. 

Capgeek is a little inaccurate with Philly's roster because they had so many injuries at the end of the season. There are a lot of guys on their Capgeek roster that will be back in the minors freeing up a bunch of space there as well as Pronger's money.

Edited by FlashyG, 04 June 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#25 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well we definitely learned a few things in this poll so far: Most of us want either Clarkson or Horton (how bout both Kenny?), Michael Ryder and Bryan Bickell would please some of us, and absolutely no one wants anything to do with Mason Raymond. :lol:

Here's hoping Kenny will spend wisely!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#26 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

The Flyers aren't really in that much trouble with the Cap. Remember Pronger doesn't count against it because he'll be on LTIR until his contract is up.

They actually have about 5 million is space to re-sign Gagne and to round out their roster. 

Capgeek is a little inaccurate with Philly's roster because they had so many injuries at the end of the season. There are a lot of guys on their Capgeek roster that will be back in the minors freeing up a bunch of space there as well as Pronger's money.

Can you stay on LTIR for 4 years?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#27 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

What's Ryder's deal, why haven't any of his past teams wanted to keep him?  I don't know much about him, just seems to score when he's playing us.

#28 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Stephen Weiss wasn't on the list, which I think is an oversight.  He's a good 2nd line center, but above all else, Detroit was rumored to have been interested in him at the trade deadline.  I think if Flip walks, then the Wings are even more likely to pursue Weiss than they already would have been.  He's the kind of guy Kenny likes too.  Good two way forward, scores goals, plays good defense, and is good on the PP and PK.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he ended up wearing the Winged Wheel come July 5th. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#29 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Can you stay on LTIR for 4 years?

I don't think there are any rules against it.

He's already been on it for 2 years, has moved away from Philly and has no intentions of ever playing hockey again despite not filing his retirement papers.

I think Philly plans to exploit the LTIR loophole for the duration of his contract as it was a 35+ contract and would count against them if he retired.

#30 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Clarkson or Horton. Ribeiro would be okay for the right price as well.

If Iginla is available, I'd pursue him.  Especially if Pittsburgh doesn't win the Cup.

He's too old, I'd rather invest in someone who can benefit us for a longer period.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#31 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Marian Hossa when he's bought out by the Blackhawks :D

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#32 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

If Iginla is available, I'd pursue him.  Especially if Pittsburgh doesn't win the Cup.

its not about what players have done in the past, its what they can do for our future. hes too old

#33 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

I don't think there are any rules against it.

He's already been on it for 2 years, has moved away from Philly and has no intentions of ever playing hockey again despite not filing his retirement papers.

I think Philly plans to exploit the LTIR loophole for the duration of his contract as it was a 35+ contract and would count against them if he retired.

See I think they need a cap on litr. I think if a player is on for two years straight he should be forced into retirement.

#34 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Clarkson or Horton. Ribeiro would be okay for the right price as well.

He's too old, I'd rather invest in someone who can benefit us for a longer period.

Regarding Iginla, for the right price he could be a great two year acquisition, His veteran leadership is undeniable his work ethic is undeniable and his presence around the younger players would be another great influence.

Plus he is still an effective scorer and would be awesome On Datsyuks wing.
Yes I prefer someone younger like Horton or Clarkson but of course there will be a huge bidding war for them, and if we don't win it Iginla would be a viable alternative.

#35 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

We arent getting Horton after this playoff performance. Guy is lighting it up.

#36 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Regarding Iginla, for the right price he could be a great two year acquisition, His veteran leadership is undeniable his work ethic is undeniable and his presence around the younger players would be another great influence.

Plus he is still an effective scorer and would be awesome On Datsyuks wing.
Yes I prefer someone younger like Horton or Clarkson but of course there will be a huge bidding war for them, and if we don't win it Iginla would be a viable alternative.

He might not be around as long as those guys but I think Iginla would still make more of an immediate impact than either of them.

#37 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

We arent getting Horton after this playoff performance. Guy is lighting it up.

I agree. He'll be getting his BIG payday this offseason from someone.

#38 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

He might not be around as long as those guys but I think Iginla would still make more of an immediate impact than either of them.

Thanks. That's another point I was going to make. He will make an immediate impact and fill the gap until Nyquist and Tatar reach their primes.

#39 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Cleary and Flip is what we are getting!!

:slap:  You shut your mouth when you are talking to us! :D

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#40 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

I voted Ryder (goals) and Bickell (some goals, some toughness).  I stayed away from Clarkson and Horton only because I think they will get a ton of cash thrown at them

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--