• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

I used to remember a time, when the Wings not only got the top guys but also loaded up their front office. I am not happy with losing these guys, who is next Hakan?

Hakan is signed for 4 more years..HSJ made a comment about it earlier today on Twitter

#22 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

With DET losing 2 veteran scouts to DAL, don't be surprised if recently departed CBJ Dir. of Amateur Scouting Tyler Wright turns up in DET

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#23 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Funny, was just having a discussion on these forums about how important our scouts were.

This is a huge blow but honestly, Hakan is the essentially piece. He's the guy who pretty much hand picked Datsyuk, Hank, Franzen, Nyquist....and of course Lidstrom

He's the guy we can't lose under any circumstances.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Maybe they could give the job to Cleary...

Kills two birds with one stone.  He'd be a good scout and it's one less forward we have to worry about.

<wishful dreaming>

#25 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

I used to remember a time, when the Wings not only got the top guys but also loaded up their front office. I am not happy with losing these guys, who is next Hakan?

Hakan is signed for 4 more years..HSJ made a comment about it earlier today on Twitter

Thank God

#26 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hey sorry guys. I am not really up to par with this. Can someone that actually knows explain in full detail what we lost. My understanding was two scouts. We're they are better ones? How will it effect us, What area ect.
Posted Image

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Bold Flavor.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

I guess nobody really likes working for Holland...they are prefer Nill. 

LIfe goes on, but I seriously hope we do not suffer in the long run because of this...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Funny, was just having a discussion on these forums about how important our scouts were.

This is a huge blow but honestly, Hakan is the essentially piece. He's the guy who pretty much hand picked Datsyuk, Hank, Franzen, Nyquist....and of course Lidstrom

Formerly a fishing guide, he was hired as a scout by the Red Wings in 1990. Since then he has won four Stanley Cup Championships as a member of the Detroit Red Wings organization, in 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2008. Andersson, based in Stockholm, Sweden, scouts all over Europe including Sweden, Finland, the Czech Republic, and Russia, and has been responsible for the Red Wings drafting Tomas Holmström, Valtteri Filppula, Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen, and many others

http://en.wikipedia....son_(ice_hockey)

Andersson wasn't part of the organization when Lidstrom was drafted...

The Red Wings pioneered European scouting in the 1980s under former general manager Jimmy Devellano. Their one-time chief European scout Christer Rockstrom discovered Lidstrom in Sweden and convinced the team to draft him in 1989 with the 53rd overall pick.

http://www.mlive.com...d_wings_43.html

Christer Rockstrom is the man responsible for Lidstrom, Fedorov, Konstantinov and Bure...(although Bure was never a Wing, he was going to be drafted by them in the 5th round in 1989, but the NHL told Detroit he wasn't eligible, then by time the 6th round came around, the NHL deemed he was eligible and before Detroit could take him, Vancouver snatched him up three picks ahead of them.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Who's the scout who said Gustavsson would be a solid backup?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Or, you know, maybe the guy was offered a fatter paycheck and a bigger role with the Stars.

Why are some people so quick to jump to the most dire conclusions possible?

People like to forget that sports jobs are regular jobs, too. People move on after a while to new challenges. Rebuilding a destroyed team could be a fun challenge as opposed to merelt keeping a team competitive.

And I'm tired of seeing people say Nill is the brains. He's good, but I haven't seen anything to denigrate Holland.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

I love how people spout off all of this banter about Nill being better than Holland because of XYZ and being the "real GM" in Detroit, and then they go complain in other threads about every signing and draft we've made over the last several years. Which is it people?

This is probably going to have fairly insignificant effects overall. I actually can't remember the last North American impact player the Red Wings drafted. I guess Darren Helm in 2005 or Jimmy Howard in 2003. 

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

People like to forget that sports jobs are regular jobs, too. People move on after a while to new challenges. Rebuilding a destroyed team could be a fun challenge as opposed to merelt keeping a team competitive.

And I'm tired of seeing people say Nill is the brains. He's good, but I haven't seen anything to denigrate Holland.

He got Seguin but it costed him Eriksson and kids. Then he acquired Horcoff whom I believe is not even trash but the moisture in the bottom of the garbage can. Holland got Alfredsson, Weiss and DeKeyser...one of last years additions will be full time all year. I'd be looking more forward to this year asa a Wings fan. Oh and Dats signed on for 3 more years. I'll take red grass compared to Dallas green thanks.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#34 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lidstrom was drafted before Andersson worked for the Wings.

#35 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

@RedWingsFeed: TMR: Wings Announce Scouting Staff Appointments: per George... Wings have hired... http://t.co/0AbO7W2OeV via @KuklasKorner #NHL #RedWings

FWIW...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#36 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

@RedWingsFeed: TMR: Wings Announce Scouting Staff Appointments: per George... Wings have hired... http://t.co/0AbO7W2OeV via @KuklasKorner #NHL #RedWings

FWIW...

EvaUnitZero was hired to just scouy Calgary only.