Photo
- - - - -

Yep, that's what I thought (NHL Team "luck")

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Why do I get the feeling that 90% of the people who say they should have handed the spots to rookies rather than sign Samuelsson and Bertuzzi would be screaming about how badly Holland miscalculated by handing roster spots to kids who only produced that much if that had been the plan?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#22 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Why do I get the feeling that 90% of the people who say they should have handed the spots to rookies rather than sign Samuelsson and Bertuzzi would be screaming about how badly Holland miscalculated by handing roster spots to kids who only produced that much if that had been the plan?

Because some of us are consistent with what we believe rather its wrong or right. And when you're in a transition period a youth movement is good. Now typically did we have too many rookies playing? I'd say yes maybe 1 or two too many. But because of the transition period it worked out great.